Our partner

It’s too tough

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

It’s too tough

Postby tyme90 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:52 pm

This disease is too tough. I’m tired of it. We really got a #######5 hand in life didn’t we?
tyme90
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: It’s too tough

Postby ThatsWhatIthought » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Yup, life is tough sometimes but it doesnt have to be tho. Whats ur biggest problems?
ThatsWhatIthought
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: It’s too tough

Postby tyme90 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:30 pm

I don't know, man. I'm probably just depressed or something.

It's just my life completely fell apart when I got SZ. I feel I was destined for some pretty big things before this illness. As with most schizophrenics I have this nagging feeling that the government gave me the symptoms of SZ. At the same time I recognize that I'm probably mentally ill. It's just that nagging thought that maybe I'm not.

I'm happy to report I'm doing pretty good as far as symptoms. Just have a semi-fixed belief about the government. That's not too bad to deal with compared to some schizophrenics. As bad as this sounds, I feel thankful I don't have as bad of a case as others. I don't hear voices or have hallucinations. It's mostly just intrusive thoughts and delusions I deal with.

My current hope is that I get approved for VA disability. If I get that my life would be set. It's just hard to prove I became schizophrenic in the Army. It did say in my paperwork they thought about giving me some antipsychotics. I think my commander overrode that decision though. Honestly, I would be highly surprised if I get it. I should though; I started having delusions in Basic Training. So we shall see...

In short, my life is pretty depressing. I don't have a girlfriend or a job. On a positive note, I started going to a club house and have some friends now. I spend most of my time at the club house. It gets me out of isolation which is the whole purpose for the club house. I'm thankful for that.
tyme90
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post