Our partner

My pdoc said I had "schizophrenic features" with my bipolar

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

My pdoc said I had "schizophrenic features" with my bipolar

Postby brakingdown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 am

Mentally, everything has been turned upside down these past few months. I had my worst manic episode yet with psychotic features. Although the episode has been over for a month, I'm still having some psychotic symptoms persist, namely paranoia that has made me leave work early (felt like people were plotting to hurt/kill me) and some mild hallucinations like shadowy figures in my peripheral vision and large flying bugs that seem to vanish.

I talked to my pdoc about this and he said that since they were happening outside of a mood episode they were considered "schizophrenic features". Is this schizoaffective? This has been kind of freaking me out. No offense to anyone who does have this but it's really making me worry potentially having that label.
BP1, ADHD-PI, BPD Traits, ASD, Gender Dysphoria
Lamictal 200mg, Lithium 900mg, Adderall 25mg, Clonazepam 1mg, Vraylar 6mg, Trazodone 25mg
brakingdown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My pdoc said I had "schizophrenic features" with my bipolar

Postby z7z » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 pm

AFAIK psychosis outside of a mood episode is schizoaffective. I don't think it's anything to worry about too much. They are treated similarly and it may just take a med adjustment. For example, increasing your anti-psychotic temporarily. Your pdoc should help you out.
Be kind to everyone you come across because you never know who’s suffering inside.
z7z
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post