Our partner

How do you stop the thought broadcasting? Not a delusional

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

How do you stop the thought broadcasting? Not a delusional

Postby Rai0009 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 am

NOT A DELUSIONAL PLEASE KEEP READING

Hi I have been thought broadcasting for almost a year now and it was here before for over 6 months but then it stopped. I don't remember doing anything to stop it but this time around it won't go away. I want it to go away completely and I don't know how to make it stop.

It is not a delusion, I am speaking to a psychiatrist for other things and they don't believe I have schizophrenia. People have actually responded to the things I say in my head out loud. I have asked a question in my head and they have answered it through their mouths. This has happened many times and I can actually hold a conversation without actually saying anything.

It is not nice. Yes, you can have conversations but everyone treats it as something that you can never talk about. Plus, it is not just people I know it is everyone I walk past. For example, if I go to the shops in the town, literally everyone can hear me in my head.

My thoughts are being broadcasted out to other people. I have looked on other forums and there have been other people with the same problem. Although, I cannot seem to find a solution or a way to stop it.

I know its a bit silly posting in a schizophrenia forum where thought broadcasting is seen as a delusional but I didn't really know where to put this soooooo... here it is
Rai0009
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you stop the thought broadcasting? Not a delusional

Postby z7z » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 pm

Remember that body language is the biggest part of communication and people are intuitive. I think the problem is the anxiety that you think people can hear your thoughts. You can tell yourself it is coincidence, it is impossible, etc. or you can try to accept it and not care if they really can hear your thoughts. People can hear my thoughts. So what? At least I don't have to tell them they stink now. :lol:
Be kind to everyone you come across because you never know who’s suffering inside.
z7z
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Postby SaffronSands » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 am

*mod edit*
Last edited by Tyler on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Highly inappropriate and unsupportive - PM to follow.
SaffronSands
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Postby delamr2623 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Rai0009 wrote:NOT A DELUSIONAL PLEASE KEEP READING

Hi I have been thought broadcasting for almost a year now and it was here before for over 6 months but then it stopped. I don't remember doing anything to stop it but this time around it won't go away. I want it to go away completely and I don't know how to make it stop.

It is not a delusion, I am speaking to a psychiatrist for other things and they don't believe I have schizophrenia. People have actually responded to the things I say in my head out loud. I have asked a question in my head and they have answered it through their mouths. This has happened many times and I can actually hold a conversation without actually saying anything.

It is not nice. Yes, you can have conversations but everyone treats it as something that you can never talk about. Plus, it is not just people I know it is everyone I walk past. For example, if I go to the shops in the town, literally everyone can hear me in my head.

My thoughts are being broadcasted out to other people. I have looked on other forums and there have been other people with the same problem. Although, I cannot seem to find a solution or a way to stop it.

I know its a bit silly posting in a schizophrenia forum where thought broadcasting is seen as a delusional but I didn't really know where to put this soooooo... here it is

man I agree with you I suffer from the same thing it is a not a symptom of schizophrenia regardless of what the doctors would say and people around you would say it is real I'm not sure how it is possible but I can sure you it is real and you are not alone a lot of people suffer from the same thing just check the internet to find answers to this issue like i did 2 days ago I'm new to this, feel free to exchange opinions and questions about thoughts broadcasting.
delamr2623
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:38 am

Postby Infinitude » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:22 am

I've had plenty of experiences where the things people were saying were corresponding really well to my inner thoughts.

Here's an example to try and explain it a bit. Suppose you were watching a TV show with someone, and you were thinking about the TV show, and the other person was talking about it, and you noticed that the things you were thinking lined up with the things the other person was saying. Would this surprise you? No, I don't think it would, because you're both watching the TV show and so the things you're thinking and they're saying are both lining up with that.

Now let's think about the environment. If you're sharing an environment with someone, this is actually really similar to the example above, because your thoughts, and what the other people are saying is lining up with what is occurring in the environment. This can occur at longer distances at well, but basically it is just an example of people being in synch. And the fact that people can see you, even if they're not focusing on you, means you'll have just that extra bit of alignment.

And now here's another example. I use tarot cards and do readings on myself. The only thing is, I have no idea how to use tarot cards (apart from my own method). Basically, I'll put down a few cards and it will "tell" me about myself. How does it do this? Well, basically, the cards are designed such that pretty much any combination will tell a story, and my mind will just create a story that fits what cards I put down. The cards aren't doing anything on their own, they're just a catalyst for my mind to understand itself and it just seems to be somewhat supernatural.

So, there are plenty of rational explanations for how this is occurring, and the only missing step is that due to your mind having a certain, ahem, "psychotic" activity, you are paying much more attention to all of this synchronicity. I get these experiences too. For example, I was in a psychologist appointment, and I had some questions that I wanted answered, but which I didn't want to mention to her, so what I did was think the questions as she was explaining something else, and what she said after I thought it answered my questions for me. How? Because I already knew the answers, and she was already tailoring her questions to me, so it just helped me to realise that I already knew the answers, and I made a very suspect jump in interpreting what she was saying.

So, understand that this is normal, it's just that most people don't pay attention to it, and that you can use it to your advantage to help yourself become consciously aware of what you already know subconsciously.
Dx: schizoaffective, social anxiety AKA spiritual and self-conscious
Infinitude
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:38 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby delamr2623 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Infinitude wrote:I've had plenty of experiences where the things people were saying were corresponding really well to my inner thoughts.

Here's an example to try and explain it a bit. Suppose you were watching a TV show with someone, and you were thinking about the TV show, and the other person was talking about it, and you noticed that the things you were thinking lined up with the things the other person was saying. Would this surprise you? No, I don't think it would, because you're both watching the TV show and so the things you're thinking and they're saying are both lining up with that.

Now let's think about the environment. If you're sharing an environment with someone, this is actually really similar to the example above, because your thoughts, and what the other people are saying is lining up with what is occurring in the environment. This can occur at longer distances at well, but basically it is just an example of people being in synch. And the fact that people can see you, even if they're not focusing on you, means you'll have just that extra bit of alignment.

And now here's another example. I use tarot cards and do readings on myself. The only thing is, I have no idea how to use tarot cards (apart from my own method). Basically, I'll put down a few cards and it will "tell" me about myself. How does it do this? Well, basically, the cards are designed such that pretty much any combination will tell a story, and my mind will just create a story that fits what cards I put down. The cards aren't doing anything on their own, they're just a catalyst for my mind to understand itself and it just seems to be somewhat supernatural.

So, there are plenty of rational explanations for how this is occurring, and the only missing step is that due to your mind having a certain, ahem, "psychotic" activity, you are paying much more attention to all of this synchronicity. I get these experiences too. For example, I was in a psychologist appointment, and I had some questions that I wanted answered, but which I didn't want to mention to her, so what I did was think the questions as she was explaining something else, and what she said after I thought it answered my questions for me. How? Because I already knew the answers, and she was already tailoring her questions to me, so it just helped me to realise that I already knew the answers, and I made a very suspect jump in interpreting what she was saying.

So, understand that this is normal, it's just that most people don't pay attention to it, and that you can use it to your advantage to help yourself become consciously aware of what you already know subconsciously.

I agree with you these things can happen but also telepathy is so real I experienced it more than 100 times coincidence I don't think so, it just a fact people around me can hear my inner voice (thoughts) and I wonder why I can't hear their thoughts have you ever heard someone else thoughts? and I wonder how do people hear my thoughts do they hear it in their head or around them?
delamr2623
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:38 am

Postby Infinitude » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:01 am

delamr2623 wrote:I agree with you these things can happen but also telepathy is so real I experienced it more than 100 times coincidence I don't think so, it just a fact people around me can hear my inner voice (thoughts) and I wonder why I can't hear their thoughts have you ever heard someone else thoughts? and I wonder how do people hear my thoughts do they hear it in their head or around them?

Simple answer: they don't hear your thoughts. People are linked in a way that science is yet to explain, and that is how telepathy seems to exist. It is real, but not in the way you seem to be making out. People don't hear your thoughts any more than you hear theirs, at most they are just watching you and subconsciously picking up on what may be going through your mind.
Infinitude
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby SoBeyondThis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm sorry there are so many nay-sayers. Yeah, the EXACT same thing has been happening to me for years now. This is how it works to the best of my knowledge.

Yes they will never talk about it directly. Regardless we both know you can test them to a degree where they give irrefutable data about it's truth (for example: a normal, non-homeless person walking past you who responds to one of your thoughts accurately out-loud when no one else is around you.) We are at the point where we don't need them to tell us, the data they gave us does the same... moving on.

We probably won't ever stop thought broadcasting, I don't see why they would give up that level of control. Our goal should not be how to stop thought broadcasting, but how to use it to our advantage. BUT if you are really having a bad time I have found out how to get them to respond less. Basically, think happy thougts, think very neutraly about the people around you, don't carry on disruptive conversations in your head. It takes training, but it really works, of course you will be able to control that aspect of your mind. In one month I saw a huge decrease in disruptive thoughts in my mind, and six months later I had sliced them to nearly nothing.

Now it's most important that you don't hurt their feelings when you are out in public. I don't know if this is based on radius, but even if I have a few negative thoughts during the evening as long as I have possitive thoughts during the day walking past people, and at work I get a greatly decreased response rate.

There are exceptions. Despite the vast population reacting positively to positive thoughts it seems like a few people will still pass you by and say something nasty, or do something nasty (like spit at you as you pass). Just ignore these guys, I don't know what's up with them.

Consider the fact that just you having an aggressive or negative thought hurts these weak things so badly that they are compelled to respond to you! You litterally have to walk around being super happy and unrealistically possitive because it hurts them if you don't! They have some control, but so do you.

Carry on and keep collecting data.
SoBeyondThis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Postby Infinitude » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 am

It's still not quite hearing voices, but sometimes what happens with me is I'll get a thought that I hadn't quite intended to think, and I'll be confused for a few seconds about why I thought it. I believe that sometimes what it is, is my mind forming an impression of what the person near me may be thinking. I bet if I were to respond to this automatic thought I had, then the other person would feel that I am reading their mind, which I guess it is a bit, but basically I am just drawing together what I know about the person, what's happening in the situation, and what their physiology is suggesting, to guess what would be going through their mind. If I were to guess at it consciously, I bet I would be pretty far off, but because it happens so subconsciously I'm betting it has a much nicer ring of truth to it.

My point, I guess, is that I'm far from believing that this thought broadcasting/mindreading from others is really occurring, or at least not to the degree that it seems to be implied. Yeah, I've had many freaky coincidences occur to me that I have felt at the time were conclusive evidence of certain conspiratorial activities taking place, but honestly a lot of it can occur under quite normal circumstances, and I think it would be interesting to see what you believe about it later down the track assuming that the incidences stop occurring.
Infinitude
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post