Our partner

Is this "thought broadcasting"? How do I stop it?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: Is this "thought broadcasting"? How do I stop it?

Postby Rod Majikina » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:35 am

good news is: people can't read your thoughts

bad news is: they just KNOW

in my experience they just know things they aren't supposed to know and sometimes react negatively to it, thoughts like the ones you have while taking your bath

the more you become stressed, feel guilty or angry about it, the more they react and the more it gets worse

just relax and let it go

easier said than done

but it's the way to go
Rod Majikina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby crazymoth » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 am

has anyone experienced the phantom phenomenon? It's like people around you know what you're thinking and want to get at something. they're always playing a stupid game.

What is this power we have?

Is it like an infusion of extra Light? some part of the universe we know how to access instinctively. And there is this constant jealousy attitude from them. It's sad and pisses me off. If they could only see there would just be Light everywhere. But they are blind and are always searching for us like beacons of Life.
crazymoth's art: http://startrekq.com//
crazymoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LesMisJim » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:33 am

I can definitely relate to your experience.

When I developed schizophrenia, at some point I thought I could read peoples thoughts or even input thoughts into their heads. If there was a TV or radio program I thought I could communicate with the person talking somehow.

You have to train your mind not to think this way, as simple as every time you start to think this way you must catch yourself and assume that it is not true. I would often think about my experiences before I developed schizophrenia when I would treat such situations as they are, I don't know what they are thinking, they don't know what I am thinking. If they pick up anything from me it is impression, and least likely to be accurate to what I am thinking, If I tell them what I am thinking then they will be somewhat more accurate. If I elaborate on what I am thinking then they will know what I am thinking!

It seems easy,... it isn't in the state of psychosis and even delusional thinking. My suggestion is to assume no one knows what you are thinking, and if you get that notion in your head try to think of something else that interests you which can distract you. That also seems to work for me.

I hope this helped, it isn't psychotherapy or anything, but basic things like this seem to help me sometimes.

Try not to get angry, if you get angry, even if it is justified ... in my experience I am more prone to delusional thinking. Try to avoid that if you can, you'll be fine.
LesMisJim
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Postby RusselDunbar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:13 am

I get it all the time, it's, in fact, one of my most popular delusions.

I have even gotten responds from other people, as if they're listening in on me. I sometimes, when I get like this, and I'm around another person I tend to think about something terrible, then the other person looks at me like they just heard everything. Sometimes they say something that'd suggest that they were listening in on my thoughts.

I've asked people countless times whether they can listen in on my thoughts but they all deny it. I think that if I were capable of something like that I'd deny it too and try to keep it a secret as long as I could.
RusselDunbar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby robersi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:46 am

I truly believe I broadcast my thoughts. I also believe for various reasons that I have broadcasted for upwards of 30 years. Most of that time I was not aware of this.

Meditate (Mindful Meditation) and exercise. I do on and off. Not enough. It helps me relax when I do.

It's got something to do with muscles in the forehead. I can turn it off more than I could before by very slowly learning what muscles I need to relax and which I must flex. Sounds absurd but trust me if you find the pair that must go up (flex) and the middle one that must go down (relax) it will go along way. It's still extremely difficult for me to find the sweet spot where I've turned my "radio" off. It's our natural state however.

I get slandered under the breath of others. I take it hard but it's society trying to condition me (and it works). When I hit the off button I get compliments or at least acknowledgement; conditioning again (it works). Besides it must be a bit irritating for others (that's probably difficult to swallow).

I think the most God awful things. (common thread, ODD? ). It only does harm to me and others. Sometimes when I think broadcasting is ridiculous I just recall that the things pointing out of bugs heads are called "antenna". It's not magic, it's an EM wave that can also be picked up and further transmitted by an dedicated electronic device (not saying this is true, just a possibility) Look up brain waves (Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma). If you can afford, I suggest brain wave monitoring and feedback. *Muse *Headband for example. It may be a long shot (one reason I haven't bought one yet).

I'm a procrastinator. I'm also a bit of a hypocrite. I don't practice the above suggestions nearly enough or not at all. But is my intent and hope that I will and will be successful, now that I feel less caught up in it all and have accepted my schizophrenia for what it [actually] is. Every broadcaster can turn off and return to their natural state. Nobody is born with this problem. If you can do it sometimes, even it's during sleep, you can do it all the time. I wish you all the best. Because of the hell you are going and have been through, you all deserve the best.

I'm going to regret this post because this is an extremely taboo topic. Please remember that if you are considering discussing it. NOBODY CAN READ YOUR MIND;)

Just as an aside, I listen to a lot of alt. rock on the radio and look up and read the lyrics. It helps keep my spirits up and sheds light on...
robersi
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Postby u363548 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:54 pm

hi, so im thought broadcasting , problem being is that its out of my control, its in the control of these people doing this to me. they describe to the mass's what im doing, while another describes apparent and actual thoughts in my mind while my inner and outer voice are played (by like a mega speaker) to the world to hear. T hey have conditioned my mind to be extremly obbsessive over the general theme and nature of what they have repetatively call me. I am a physical , mental and sexual abuse victim so i assumed that ive taken enough torture in life but these sheople think differently. I now have lost the ability to have any thoughts i really want to think and have been conditioned to have an ocd like complex with thinking of peoples faces. im sick of it to be honest because its 24\7 verbal abuse, thought commentry and just nastiness. These people doing this feel big, good about what they do, they think they arent sick? laughable but unfortunatly everyone in my life denys whats going on when confronted ..
u363548
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 1995 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 pm

I am right now experiencing this bizarre phenomena that is called Throat broadcasting and it is extremely weird and strange because I believe that is an absolute illusion but people reactions to my inner voice and my uncontrollable thoughts make me think twice and say no they are listening for sure.
At the top of that sometimes you challenge the people to do some activities and they respond and do and from here you can say that the ultimate confusion begins. My doctor says that this is a symptom of stress or depression but I cannot believe him because I have the idea that people are hiding something on me also there is no trust.However, I thought at the beginning it is a social system which contains people with high and advanced communication technology that enable them to catch my inner voice and to be more clear I went too far with my interpretations and explanations to say that these devices are microchips that contain multiprocessors and sensors that capture low frequency sound waves and preform an immediate translations to whatever language the person speak.For example, I speak Arabic so when I talk to myself in Arabic people who speak English get my thoughts pure and completely translated to their language and the funny part is that this translation technology translates the accents hhhhhhhhhh that's just crazy.the main problem right now is that all kind of thoughts are flowing inside my brain and they are available to anyone even the negative thoughts including bad words and racism words that I don't mean them at all and when I say that to everyone they say #######4 and you can control whatever you think,that's really dangerous because that could let you tend to be more isolated ,also anti-social person because you don't want to harm people feeling ,anyway there are many details maybe I will post it after but I am really glad
to see that I am not the only person who has this experience and I really want to meet some people who have Thought Broadcasting in which we can be good team and support each other because in my opinion we are the only people who can understand and tolerance each other. THANK YOU :) :)
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Postby Zarka » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:54 am

I've been suffering from this "thought broadcasting" issue for about 5 years now. It has been induced from my drug use and my 'friends' messing with my mind during drug uses. People will tell you that you're "delusional" or "schizophrenic". I don't think that is the case, because I have suffered from this yet any other delusions or schizophrenic tendencies. I think people may suffer from thought broadcasting and don't actually say anything, while it being in their head. I think there are some of us that suffer from this 'thought broadcasting' but it is actually a weird version of Tourette's Syndrome.

I have the same problem as the original poster where I believe I am "talking from the back of my throat", except the only people who have actually confirmed that they can hear the words coming from the back of my throat are strangers. No one from my family or friends have ever confirmed the words coming from the back of my throat. So people that still don't believe me will think I'm delusional or schizophrenic. I have caught and heard multiple people whispering things and responding to the voice in the back of my throat. I have thought I was delusional and crazy for a very long time, even though I confirmed with strangers of what I was saying. I just didn't want to believe this kind of Tourette's was possible, being able to speak without moving your lips? Didn't seem plausible.

I lived the past couple of years hearing and seeing people whispering, "Hey is that guy talking to himself?" or simply repeating what I was saying in shock to each other. I tried to live in doubt but no matter what, something would come up to remind me that this is very real. I don't know why my friends and family refuse to confirm this mental sickness that I have. Only strangers will, it's almost like everyone I knew banded together to refuse to help me. Thus, I have lost all trust of everyone around me and lost the will to go out. Luckily for me, I have found a way to make a living through online means and not have to deal with people physically.

I have noticed that being sober will help you out with controlling this voice and returning to a normal state of mind that everyone once had. I feel like everyone who didn't experience this their whole life and was once normal, can return back to normal as someone previously mentioned. I do not enjoy making a fool out of myself by trolling myself, insulting others, and etc. with this. It makes life unbearable and I have contemplated suicide many times. No one can tell me this isn't real to me. I know it is. Maybe not everyone is in the same situation as I am, but I am sure from reading on many forums of people experiencing "thought broadcasting" that this is real. It is real, and I believe it's not "thought broadcasting" but yet another form of Tourette's. Maybe Tourette's for people who have a stronger mind and can stop themselves from talking, so the mind manifests a different way for the Tourette's to be audible.

Again, I have seen and heard people muttering/whispering things under their breath responding to what I say in this voice. I know I am not crazy or hallucinating. I hope one day I can return to normal like I used to be before my drug abuse days. I really regret abusing drugs because it has destroyed my mind and trust of the people around me. I have started to 'meditate' these days, just sitting down, or laying down, closing my eyes and attempting to focus on separating the voice from my thoughts. I know this voice isn't actually my thoughts but a creation from my thoughts. I think of what I say before I actually say it in the voice, and that is how I know it isn't my thoughts. My thoughts create things to say before it is actually said. It is just that I cannot control the voice from spouting obscenities and vulgar things KNOWING others around me can hear it. That is why I call it a weird version of Tourette's.

This may sound crazy to the normal person, but I know some of you that suffer with this can relate to me. I just wanted to share this with everyone else, hoping it may help in some way. Be strong, and don't let others tell you you're crazy... you're not. For some reason, this is some kind of curse where people around you cannot accept the fact that you're able to talk without moving your mouth. I know that this voice, my thoughts, and my actual voice are all separate. I just have to be able to learn to control it and not talk through this voice as I used to before. If I was once normal, I can return to being normal. Mentally fight it as much as you can. I'm still fighting this everyday and it is hard, I know. But the thought of one day returning to a normal self is what keeps me going. Life is great and fun, but it has its struggles. Once we can beat this and move on, we'll be stronger in the end and more compassionate towards others. Stay sober, and ditch the drugs (prescribed/illicit). The only thing I take is nicotine which is a habit I've had for about a decade now. I am thinking of quitting that too, in hopes of helping me beat this illness. I can see myself getting better everyday being sober and mentally fighting the voice.

I know this is long, but I had to do this for myself and I felt obligated to share my own thoughts as everyone's posts here has helped me cope also.
Zarka
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Postby Eustoma » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:46 am

Wow... this is what I go through every day. I went through a terrible few years that I do not even wish to think about because they were so bad. I finally got help with medication and found life a lot better. I was foolish enough to think the only thing I now struggled with was anxiety and that I needed to just get over that and motivate myself to live a better life.

Things got really bad when recently I realized that I was thought broadcasting in real time just like the above poster mentioned. I was actually saying my thoughts out loud without realizing it. I don't know how to stop. It has me depressed and constantly in anxiety. I am working but I wish every day that I don't have to. If it weren't for me being in debt and needing a means of living I don't know if I honestly would work. Some days I find it easy to be positive but other days I feel like there is no point in living any longer.

I know I do it because at my old work there were instances where my coworkers would ask me something and it would either leave me scratching my head or shocked at how they knew something only I thought I did.

I used to be on medication but stopped all of it once I realized they weren't helping solve this issue. Plus the benzos I was taking for my anxiety were making my anxiety worse as I had to keep taking more and more. I later did some research and realized how terrible this medication was and that they are not intended to be used for a long time.

I constantly want to crawl into a hole when I realize the implications of my actions and how other people must view me or think of me. My life feels like it has been ruined. This started with paranoia following a bad trip on ecstasy and after I had been smoking weed for a while. It didn't help that I was also turning into a terrible person but thought nothing of it and continued to abuse alcohol and weed. I eventually lost my friends and cut off contact with the ones who tried to stay in contact because I just couldn't handle the doubts as to whether or not they were truly my friends.

Sometimes I feel like I deserve it because growing up I was extremely selfish and cared about no one but myself yet was lazy and never tried to even better myself. I felt like everything I was supposed to do was just a huge weight that was trying to somehow imprison me as I never felt like I could do what I wanted to do... anyway now I'm barely living. I feel like half of my mind has slipped away and somehow knowing that people can hear my thoughts make me think the most worst and vile things possible.

I want to live a good life but I just can't...
Eustoma
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Postby TelepathicdudeLV386 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 am

I have dealt with feeling as though those around me hear my inner voice, which is how I most commonly think to myself for 4 years now. After reading everyone else's posts, I'm sure we aren't delusional. I'm also sure we experiencing the phenomena create subjective reality to try and cope and comprehend what were dealing with.. as I have gone through phases of similar beliefs as you have mentioned. The fact is almost no one will confront the issue face to face, in 4 years only 2 people have acknowledged and responded to my mind as if I were speaking to them. Those that respond to us from a distance, I labeled shadow people as I resent their approach, use psychological techniques to mislead us into believing they are our friends/family our community or people we admire to get us to do as they wish. I have yet to receive a direct answer as to their intentions but I have proven they aren't my mind's creating. They are audible meaning plugging my ears makes it impossible to hear. Thought insertion vs thought broadcasting appear to both be an attempt to label anyone who comes forth as schizophrenic. This is not the case, I'd comply with any help if only I was treated with honesty and respect. Please reply to further discuss.
TelepathicdudeLV386
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post