Our partner

Would you rather be Schizoid or Borderline

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Would you rather be Schizoid or Borderline

Postby DoobieDoom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I've been reading the Schizoid forums lateley and it is very depressing :( Poor Schizoids don't have any feelings from what it seems but on the other hand me (BPD) I have to many feelings, and have been hospitalized twice at 17 with a couple suicide attempts

SO would u rather be a Schizoid or BPD

I'm not sure, I feel so much pain but the emotions are exciting...
I suppose any of my theories cannot be counted as creditable however. I am a 17 year old, a senior in highschool. BUT Psychology is my passion! So I am looking for the general opinion and professional advice to aid it, and I hope for comments to disregard my age and creditably.
DoobieDoom
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:05 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Would you rather be Schizoid or Borderline

Postby EtherealStarlight » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:40 pm

we DO have feelings, some of us very strong feelings and some of us have them to a lesser degree. we just don't like to show them to people, we don't like much social interaction, and we don't want intimacy. we don't not have emotions. we like to act like we're totally emotionless, but we have feelings! XD

from what i've heard of borderline people, i'd definitely rather be schizoid. i've heard that borderlines are kind of on an emotional roller-coaster, that they'll do things like cutting themselves or abusing drugs to make it better.... and i've heard they're really scared of people abandoning them and they have bad anxiety about it....

being a schizoid, i just have to deal with feeling lonely sometimes and feeling like i'm weird because i have few friends...

compared to the things i've heard about what borderlines have to go through, i'd much rather be schizoid.... O.o
EtherealStarlight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 pm

EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Reynolds » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:31 pm

self delete
Last edited by Reynolds on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reynolds
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Platypus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:34 pm

DoobieDoom wrote:SO would u rather be a Schizoid or BPD

My (flawed) impression of people with BPD is that they see emotional triggers that aren't there. Things become greater or more significant than they really are. The sky is falling-in. Or they have just met the most amazing person in the world and everything is now perfect.

I hate the idea of feeling or thinking something that isn't real. I'd rather have too few emotions than ones based on misperceptions. I'd rather be missing data than have flawed data in my system. :wink:

But this question seems a bit like asking 'Would I rather be a human or a dog?' I've only lived as a human, and can only perceive what it is to be a dog through human eyes. I have no concept of what it would be like to live as a dog.

edit: Oops I just realised my dog analogy could be misconstrued to mean that I think some people are less than human. :cry:
That's not what I meant. Rather, I just find it hard to imagine what it would be like to live as somebody different to me. Imagining me with someone else's brain seems no less difficult than imaging myself as another animal. No offense meant to anybody - humans or dogs alike. :)
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Postby DoobieDoom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:42 pm

yeah I have BPD but i can definatly relate to Schizoid... i used to sit in my basement on my computer or xbox for days on end, however it was because i didnt want to have anything to do with people... people are evil and will only hurt u. I did enjoy those days of compulsion now I need a girl to live :/

yep I cut my self alot, for little to no reason... ill go on impulse sprees consuming amphetamines afte ramphetamines staying up for days nearly having heart attacks, I was high for 3 months straight and developed worst case social anxiety disorder...

I think i would have to go with Schizoid also haha my best friend is a schizoid in fact im with him like 5 hours at least every day :)

hes my best friend forever i love him :D schizoids are like immune to my manipulation so he makes for a good friend... I say i wana die and he is like stfu lmao i respect that unlike normal people who would be like oh no no ;p

I had become rich playing poker by the age of 15 but i was so impulsive and moody i would sit down at a table and throw $500 down no matter what the cards were.

if i could manage my impulse i could probably become very rich haha BPDs are extremeley good at "mind control" and reading emotions :D +1 for BPD i guess
I suppose any of my theories cannot be counted as creditable however. I am a 17 year old, a senior in highschool. BUT Psychology is my passion! So I am looking for the general opinion and professional advice to aid it, and I hope for comments to disregard my age and creditably.
DoobieDoom
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby face » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 am

Tbh, I'm just really confused about the whole overt-covert schizoid thing.
and I don't think excitement is a great payoff for the rest of the problems borderlines have to face.
I'm gonna say schizoid would be better anyway.
face
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kanin » Sun May 01, 2011 7:40 pm

You must be joking. The base characteristic of borderlines is a deep sense of self-hatred which then causes most of the criteria bases. Schizoids just don't feel a need for people and many are content with the way they are. On the contrary, without proper therapy, borderlines on their own are nightmares both for themselves and everyone around them. This is a ridiculous question.

Doom, all the the "positives" you posted are all relative. Obviously all borderlines aren't just like you. As a whole and basic question, schizoids are far better off.
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby face » Sun May 01, 2011 9:07 pm

yes. I was going to say that the 'excitement' of BPD is really just plain nightmarish.
face
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DoobieDoom » Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Well im kind of a schizoid-borderline. I'll play video games for 8 hours straight but its to avoid relationships... I can replace my emptiness with being good at video games o.o
DoobieDoom
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post