Our partner

Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Postby creative_nothing » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Good list.

But even then you have to keep in mind the reasons before making this comparison

If you read Millon you will see that both PPD and AsPD are paranoid. But in the case of AsPD it is quite adaptive, acter all they make things that they should be paranoid about.

The same about love. AsPD dont love becausw tbey are narcissists. But what is our problem?
I name two, fear of commitment and introvertive anehdonia. I know relashionships involve doing things that are nonsense to us

You could continue with the analysys.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Leviathan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:20 pm

You know you can have both disorders. I was reading one website that suggested 50% or all serial killers have SPD and 90% are psychopathic.
Leviathan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:58 am

Postby Noidea_ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm kind of tired of loners being persecuted as dangerous or malevolent. I just like to be left alone, thanks.

Being "weird" and quiet does not equal being crazy, not in the sense of being dangerous. People just tend to get so damn paranoid when they see anyone behaving in any way they see as "weird".
Noidea_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 am

Postby ZutaMacka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 am

The.. wow. I read this thread.. pretty much holding my breath. I have been reading a lot, and.. yeah, I'm schizoid. It's all there. From civilizations in my head, finding love and even sexual gratification with a subject inside me, dissociation, low intensity of emotions.. wow. I.. sort of feel relieved. Kind of, I always knew something was off and that I was different: knowing there's a name for it, and other people dealing with it.. is kind of.. soothing. I'm grateful for all of you who wrote this.

Just.. several of my experiences.

I have sympathy and compassion. I am not emotionless, I just.. well where people seem to have floods, I get a drop. Or two. I can't really.. what you'd say love or fall in love, but I do get strongly attached. Over a period of time. Measured in decades or so. To people. Miliseconds, to animals. Never, to things - not even when they're my own products (engineer).

Empathy.. isn't really what overwhelms me with other people emotions. It's the expression of their emotions, when someone comes to me out of control - be it aggressive, loveable, panicked, sad- I have an overwhelming need to strike them. Hard. With a fist. Course I dont. I lower my voice and calm them down, and people always do. They say I work as a "coolant". I'm awesome in crisis situations. Rock hard. Terrible in good happy situations - disinterested, bored and pissed at all the people faking their love, joy, happiness to this extend. That's right, I always feel everyone's purposefully exaggerating. Are people really THAT excited to see that ugly wriggly piece of screaming.. kid that just pooped itself? Sort of a thing.
I go to my worlds and converse with people. Not all approving of me, some get really pissed I dont share in the enthusiasm.

I have strong sense of morals. I dont lie, cheat, or manipulate unless it's necessary (think: lie to a person of fragile health about some event that could potentially upset them and hurt their health, cause heart issues etc). I dont do any of that for personal gain. I consider myself honorable and strong. I can't be that kind of an asshole. I also feel guilt when I do choose to lie, even white lies like "I am very busy, I'm not going to make it to your party/show today" or whatever. I was all ready to lie to my boss the other day, I was going to say I wanna stay at the job and was loyal when I was really looking for other options. I gave up, went straight. I'm mot afraid of concequences if I do lie, I just feel like $#%^.

Do I sometimes hurt people? Sure. But not on purpose. I have a long lasting relationship and while I do not want it to end ever.. that person knows I am not really in love with them. Sex used to be a horrible chore until I created a world for that. Several. I dont think my partner would enjoy knowing what's in my head while we have sex (ie: other people, none of them real). Nothing perverted tho, I'm.. quite down there with the dull and boring in that department. I.. have troubles pronouncing this, but this is a defense mechanism. If my partner leaves me, I remain unhurt: my worlds stay. I am afraid for the longest time it was just ###$ from my side. I was honest about it, the other side.. wanted more but came to terms with it. Over a decade later.. moving in, hm? Why not. No marriages and joint bank accounts. I don't in any way.. rely on people. If my partner needs support I give it, if I need support I never take it.
Aside of that.. I'm I think very good to be in a relationship with. I dont nag. Im stable. I dont argue, over 10 yrs not a single argument. If they dont call I dont fret, they got busy or are having fun somewhere. Im not a worrier. See, emotions.. dont flare up.

Can I get angry? Yeah. But it's like teleporting from a cozy beach in sardinia in the havoc of Irene. Thre's no progression, I just explode and want to cause physical pain. It's directed at specific people, tho. My father, mostly. Some other pieces of $#%^ I met. Usually though, at the sensation of helplessness. I must always be in control. I get aggressive when out of it. I once hit a guy who picked me up at a concert so id see better without warning. That doesnt happen with me. I dont need help. I dont need support. I do things alone and on my own and when people try taking that away I get aggressive.

I think the difference between me and a socipath is that, a socipath is proud when called a sociopath, and considers himself superior to other humans for being an utter piece of worthless $#%^. If you called me a sociopath, I'd be very much offended. I'd never stoop to $#%^ they do.
ZutaMacka
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ZutaMacka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 am

Also, I find this intriguingly beautiful: "A man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. (...) Anyone who (...) does not partake of society is either a beast or a god."
— Aristotle, Politics

See as I don't partake in any "society" I can painlessly avoid, I suppose I am not human. Whether I am above or beneath your notice.. is your choice, I don't really care which one you make because I don't really care about you. Whether I am a god or a beast is my choice, though.. And see as the god who seems to run the world is a pycho who created a world in which creatures must eat each other to survive and seems to be enjoying the joke ever since, I will choose beast. When a beast bites, it's always an honest, necessary bite.

Funny thing is, in my worlds, I'm always a bit more animalistic than I am in real life.
ZutaMacka
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post