Our partner

Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Postby Eric_Lee » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Again, you impress me.

You seem to have a good grasp of the two, and the ability to explain them clearly that i lack. Very interesting indeed.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby albie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am

13579 wrote:Schizoid Personality Disorder and Sociopathy are not comparable illnesses. They are two completely different disorders; in fact, they are polar opposites.

Indifference does not generalize to lack of empathy.

In my experience it does.
-------------------------------------------
Mad or above it all?
albie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Cirvante » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:13 pm

13579 wrote:They are basically avoidants who have given up.

That may actually be true in my case. :|
"Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. (...) Anyone who (...) does not partake of society is either a beast or a god."
— Aristotle, Politics
Cirvante
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eric_Lee » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:07 am

I wonder if they'll ever split "schizoid" into multiple parts. It seems to have a LARGE number of very.. shady factors. Such as its cause.

Some people claim to have once been avoidant, others claim to have vivid emotions.. others claim to have nothing. It all seems to.. different to be under one label.

Although the majoirty of the confusion could very well be due to my information pool being an anon Forum site, where anyone can say anything.. Impossible to tell who is lieing or not.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Leviathan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:07 pm

The key differences are, the schizoid tends to live a celibate lifestyle, the sociopath is highly sexual. Many sociopaths are sexual predators, tend to start having sex at a much younger age then most, and it's been suggested they have higher testosterone levels then most of the population. Many sociopaths tend to be bi-sexual, because being free of shame, they can express themselves sexually more then the average jo.

Schizoids are loners, whereas sociopaths, don't tend to have many friends, can blend in easier then most socially.

Schizoid hardly ever have relationships, sociopaths go from one relationship to the next, sometimes they may have several relationships at the same time.

Schizoids are indifferent to someone else's pain, a sociopath enjoys seeing others suffer.

Of course you can be both a sociopath and Schizoid, 50% of serial killers have both of these PD's.
Leviathan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 am

Postby Eric_Lee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am

morning star wrote:The key differences are, the schizoid tends to live a celibate lifestyle, the sociopath is highly sexual. Many sociopaths are sexual predators, tend to start having sex at a much younger age then most, and it's been suggested they have higher testosterone levels then most of the population. Many sociopaths tend to be bi-sexual, because being free of shame, they can express themselves sexually more then the average jo.

Schizoids are loners, whereas sociopaths, don't tend to have many friends, can blend in easier then most socially.

Schizoid hardly ever have relationships, sociopaths go from one relationship to the next, sometimes they may have several relationships at the same time.

Schizoids are indifferent to someone else's pain, a sociopath enjoys seeing others suffer.

Of course you can be both a sociopath and Schizoid, 50% of serial killers have both of these PD's.

lol.

Where are these statistics from?
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Leviathan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Eric_Lee wrote:
morning star wrote:The key differences are, the schizoid tends to live a celibate lifestyle, the sociopath is highly sexual. Many sociopaths are sexual predators, tend to start having sex at a much younger age then most, and it's been suggested they have higher testosterone levels then most of the population. Many sociopaths tend to be bi-sexual, because being free of shame, they can express themselves sexually more then the average jo.

lol.

Where are these statistics from?

I was bored one day, so was just reading about Schzoid PD and read up on one site about this. Dr Michael Stone, the guy who features in the "most evil" show. He knows his stuff, but of course it's just a theory. But when you think about it, a lot of serial killers are loners and they are obviously anti-social, so it would make sense.
Leviathan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 am

Postby Eric_Lee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh, i'm not saying its incorrect, i actually agree fully, a schizoid/sociopath would essentially make the ultimate killer.. If they got the traits they needed from both. I was just curous as to where it was from was all.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby st3ve » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:25 pm

Sociopaths are charming, good at conning, manipulative, other cluster A characteristics of "alpha type" personality. Schizoids are not.
st3ve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eric_Lee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 am

st3ve wrote:Sociopaths are charming, good at conning, manipulative, other cluster A characteristics of "alpha type" personality. Schizoids are not.

Generlizations are just that. Whos to say a schizoid can not be some, if not all of those things?

or, are you implying all charming manipulative conners are sociopaths? Maybe they're just conditioned that way from birth. Who knows.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post