Our partner

Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Re: Schizoid Vs Sociopath

Postby Cface » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

^^That's not cool.
I am the thread killer.
The Birth of Day Man
Cface
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby 13579 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Ya, you should avoid labels altogether unless you are in a really tight situation: "jail or mental hospital, your choice sir/mam". To be honest, you don't need to ask people to confirm whether or not you are different or how you are different and what category you fall under. I mean, if you can't form relationships with people, or you can but you couldn't care less whether they dissolved or not, then you probably got a personality disorder of some sort; not a big deal. But if you do decide you want a name for yourself or a group to identify with, just remember you will be labeled based on your behavior, not your thoughts.

For example, all I've done all summer is sit in my room, play chess, go on forums, and read about psychology and biology. I don't particularly enjoy these activities or the isolation, but I know that my dormant and destructive appetite necessitates it. So I live a schizoid life, and I will continue to do so until I am done my education and can drop the mask--to put on another. And yet I am not a schizoid as you can clearly deduce based on my previous posts.

If you really want to know who you are, just ask yourself "why am I doing this and what do I want out of it".

If your answer is, "I don't know, does it matter?", you're a schizoid.

If your answer is, "I want to rule the world, or at least a portion of it", you're a psychopath.

If your answer is, "I am scared", you're an avoidant.

If your answer is, "I want attention...I want them to love me", you're a narcissist.

If your answer is different every three hours you're a borderline.

Personality disorders are only confusing when you think in terms of behavior. But any good psychologist knows, all behavior originates from thought. What is the overall theme of your thoughts? Simple.

Postby Cface » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:36 am

13579 wrote:Ya, you should avoid labels altogether unless you are in a really tight situation: "jail or mental hospital, your choice sir/mam". To be honest, you don't need to ask people to confirm whether or not you are different or how you are different and what category you fall under. I mean, if you can't form relationships with people, or you can but you couldn't care less whether they dissolved or not, then you probably got a personality disorder of some sort; not a big deal. But if you do decide you want a name for yourself or a group to identify with, just remember you will be labeled based on your behavior, not your thoughts.

For example, all I've done all summer is sit in my room, play chess, go on forums, and read about psychology and biology. I don't particularly enjoy these activities or the isolation, but I know that my dormant and destructive appetite necessitates it. So I live a schizoid life, and I will continue to do so until I am done my education and can drop the mask--to put on another. And yet I am not a schizoid as you can clearly deduce based on my previous posts.

If you really want to know who you are, just ask yourself "why am I doing this and what do I want out of it".

If your answer is, "I want to rule the world, or at least a portion of it", you're a psychopath.

If your answer is, "I want attention...I want them to love me", you're a narcissist.

Personality disorders are only confusing when you think in terms of behavior. But any good psychologist knows, all behavior originates from thought. What is the overall theme of your thoughts? Simple.

Very interesting point of view... seems more like a fact than an opinion really. Seems only logical.
Not sure if you were being rhetorical or wanted an answer.
I am the thread killer.
The Birth of Day Man
Cface
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Eric_Lee » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:35 am

13579 wrote:Ya, you should avoid labels altogether unless you are in a really tight situation: "jail or mental hospital, your choice sir/mam". To be honest, you don't need to ask people to confirm whether or not you are different or how you are different and what category you fall under. I mean, if you can't form relationships with people, or you can but you couldn't care less whether they dissolved or not, then you probably got a personality disorder of some sort; not a big deal. But if you do decide you want a name for yourself or a group to identify with, just remember you will be labeled based on your behavior, not your thoughts.

That actually made me smile, i enjoyed your answers to that question that equaled the different personality disorders. ^^
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:08 am

Postby Cface » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:42 am

almost forgot to add that i like labels just because they're convenient. No need to explain why i behave this way or think that way. Just keeps things simple.
Kind of like instead of explaining what a simile is every time you have to use the word, you just use the label simile... that's how it is to me anyway.
I am the thread killer.
The Birth of Day Man
Cface
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Cface » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am

^^Thank you very much Asuka.
I am the thread killer.
The Birth of Day Man
Cface
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Eric_Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:54 am

By those standards, i'd be a sociopath, and we all know that isn't true.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ragnarok73 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Asuka wrote:It's simple.
Schizoid-Lacks empathy for oneself and empathy for others.

That sounds like Autism to me. I know a lot of people with schizoid traits who withdraw within because they have too much empathy for others. I mean the capability to unwillingly (intuitively) pick up on others' emotion. To the point it becomes smothering to oneself.

Speaking of other traits attributed to Schizoids. I see a lot of self-labeled schizoids complaining of boredom which they chalk up to their so-called condition. In reality, schizoids tend to have a vivid inner life, which is why they can live without external stimulation.
"Oh, they don't miss me," she said. "I'm anti-social, they say. I don't mix. It's so strange. I'm very social indeed. It all depends on what you mean by social, doesn't it? - Fahrenheit 451
ragnarok73
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Eric_Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Schizoid police!! *whee woo whee woo*

Report these nay-sayers to the proper authorities A.S.A.P!!

Is understanding peoples emotions, and being able to predit them consider empathy? Super empathy maybe :O

I was under the impression of, you had to care about what you picked up on for it to be considered empathy, just knowing someones emotions doesn't nessisarily mean you care about them.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ragnarok73 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Eric_Lee wrote:Schizoid police!! *whee woo whee woo*

Report these nay-sayers to the proper authorities A.S.A.P!!

Is understanding peoples emotions, and being able to predit them consider empathy? Super empathy maybe :O

I was under the impression of, you had to care about what you picked up on for it to be considered empathy, just knowing someones emotions doesn't nessisarily mean you care about them.

When you care, it's called sympathy. Empathy is kind of a hard wired radar. Those who have it get blips whether they like it or not, then whether they care or not is on a case by case basis. That being said, some people can both pick up on others' emotions and even care for some of the persons involved (not talking about random strangers)... but feel a compulsive need to be (left) alone. It comes from two different needs that can coexist with various degrees of tensions. It can appear through of times when they feel like catching up with those they care for alternating with longer bouts of withdrawal and isolation to recharge themselves.

As for the label thing, since some people browsing the board may be looking for experiences of fellow disordered, maybe for means of coping with certain symptoms, it's good to try and have accurate definitions. Otherwise, it's not unlike someone with a flu getting a prescription for a burn.
"Oh, they don't miss me," she said. "I'm anti-social, they say. I don't mix. It's so strange. I'm very social indeed. It all depends on what you mean by social, doesn't it? - Fahrenheit 451
ragnarok73
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post