Our partner

Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby mumin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:23 am

Hi,
Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for schizoid treatment?
mumin
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:17 am
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby 1PolarBear » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Nope.

It's a personality issue.

To be Bear or not to be Bear, that is the question.
User avatar
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:36 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby mumin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:45 am

1PolarBear wrote:Nope.

It's a personality issue.

To be Bear or not to be Bear, that is the question.


But does not the personality problem stem from a lack of self-awareness, which is a form of repression, which stems from developmental deprivation, and there are drugs that allow one to enter into the repressed pain with a compassionate feeling?
mumin
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:17 am
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby 1PolarBear » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:07 am

It's basically wrong coping mechanism, not necessarily repression.
"Personality" in that sense, is either a "different" sense of self, or behavior that is not socially accepted, or both.

It would be like trying a librarian to become a welder, by giving them drugs.

Drugs work mainly on emotions, either as tranquilizers or stimulant. So they will give tranquilizers to psychotics and stimulants to depressed people, generally. It won't work on a personality, not something lasting or that works. Reeducation is the only way if you want change.
User avatar
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:36 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby mumin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 am

1PolarBear wrote:It's basically wrong coping mechanism, not necessarily repression.
"Personality" in that sense, is either a "different" sense of self, or behavior that is not socially accepted, or both.

It would be like trying a librarian to become a welder, by giving them drugs.

Drugs work mainly on emotions, either as tranquilizers or stimulant. So they will give tranquilizers to psychotics and stimulants to depressed people, generally. It won't work on a personality, not something lasting or that works. Reeducation is the only way if you want change.


I guess you'm right. I personally have a kind of constant trauma from a lot of things, and a kind of disconnection, and if I will be treated with magical mushrooms or md then maybe there is a chance that I will get back to myself once upon a time, but I will still remain schizoid.
mumin
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:17 am
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby 1PolarBear » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:26 am

You need to learn better coping mechanism, those that don't stop you from thriving.
Otherwise, you end up punishing yourself.
User avatar
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 3:36 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Are there any psychoactive drugs that are suitable for

Postby mumin » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:55 am

1PolarBear wrote:You need to learn better coping mechanism, those that don't stop you from thriving.
Otherwise, you end up punishing yourself.

Thanks :)
mumin
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:17 am
Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests