Our partner

COVID-19: a Global study of Mass and Individual Panic

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: COVID-19: a Global study of Mass and Individual Panic

Postby Ringil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Sorry for the unlucky introduction. I mentioned a "European view" because here in Europe COVID-19 is in a serious stage where some regions got deeply out of control which e.g. hasn't happened yet in the US. Emergency hospitals are built inside trade fair halls, dead people are stored in ice skating stadiums because its so many of them, patients are sleeping on the hospital floor because all beds are occupied ... And I meant "boring science" really to be boring in some way, no sarcasm intended (science has its place but it isn't above everything). So, sorry, that came out not so nice, my fault. Or maybe my way of subconsciously pushing people away ? Anyway, back to topic and sorry for my communicative deficits:

To your (both of you) questions:

- I haven't evidenced anything I saw in the news on my own. I'm living in a small city (200.000 inhabitants) and here 63 people are infected and 1 died. I don't know one of them. So I cannot prove that it is not "fake news" :) I just made the decision to believe some (not all) sources.

- The spanish army looked for victims, not literally on the street, but in the streets and found dead
people where old people live, inside houses. But they died (probaby of COVID-19) and no one noticed until the army found them.
Ringil
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Cholls » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 am

^No problem. We're on a mental illness forum, after all :lol:

TL;DR: Unprecedented global control of the peacetime human population is being exercised. And we are being monitored throughout. I find the lack of widespread concern about this more alarming than COVID-19.

The economic consequences of the COVID-19 panic will be far deadlier in the long term than the virus itself.

While I still strongly suspect that this virus (some say engineered, some not) may have been deliberately released by the CDC (considering its timing) to give Trump "the bird" for cutting their funding, what I'm really asking is for people to step back and at least consider a few things:

The fact that a statement appears in graphical or numerical form does not inherently make it "science".

Anyone can make a mathematical model of anything. Even Al Gore can make a graph (or have someone make one for him). However, such a model is only as dependable as its underlying idea and design, the data used, and, ultimately, the care and exactness of those who developed it. And brand names, such as Harvard and Oxford, are no guarantee of quality work.

Frequently, the more capable the scientist, the humbler, and the more likely to state the limitations of their hypotheses. I haven't seen many of "the experts" on COVID-19 advertise the limitations of their projections, when, to be credible, they should be doing exactly that.

This is not the first time humans have tried to trump natural forces (regardless of a virus's origin, arguably its progress will defy human orchestration). Human intervention has often exacerbated things.

We, as a species are control freaks, and appear to feel entitled to controlling everything in our path.

The post-industrial world is too convenient. For the most part, we have minimal exposure to the ultimate realities of life: soil, grass, sunshine, physical pain, childbirth, disease, and death. For example, to what degree is our obsession with antibiotics responsible for the success of antibiotic-resistant disease strains (as we know, this doesn't apply to viruses, which are not living things)?

And now, we believe that, by hiding in the house, under something disquietingly close to martial law, we can avoid sickness and death.

For the elderly (although she's ~77, not Ernestine Shepherd), those with compromised immune systems, and those with pre-existing conditions, that may well be the case, but no one, except maybe Henry Kissinger and that Rothschild guy after whom Monty Burns might have been modeled, lives forever.

A small number of politicians, academics, investors, and others have MADE A KILLING OFF OF THIS "PANDEMIC" already.

More than a few small businesses will not survive it.

The economic ramifications of what I consider to be the overreaction to COVID-19 will far outweigh the aftermath of the virus alone. And, as we know, the already moneyed grossly enriched themselves from the Great Depression, at the expense of just about everybody else.

Unprecedented global control of the human population is being mandated. And we are being monitored throughout. To me, that is far scarier than disease and death.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Postby Cholls » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:06 am

"All these measures are leading to self-destruction and collective suicide because of nothing but a spook."

Please note that several of the speakers in the embedded videos are older scientists with established careers who can afford to speak more freely:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/12-experts-question-covid-19-panic
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:04 am

"The World Health Organization (WHO) warned Monday that the virus could survive on banknotes, potentially spreading the virus within communities and across the world."

https://jonsnewplace.wordpress.com/2020/03/07/the-engineered-death-of-cash-via-coronavirus-covid-19/

~ As a gesture of self-sacrifice, I volunteer to accept everyone's cash for safekeeping. ~

But remember to stand six feet away, not only from your money, but from everyone else and their money:

The same scene, fifteen minutes later:

Meanwhile, in Cuba, if we believe the late Reinaldo Arenas, everything turned into a conga line / orgy weeks ago. One of the few besides Grace Jones who actually looks good wearing South Sea pearls:
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 pm

I was out walking today and jogging towards me was a woman. She was so worried about socially distancing herself from me that she actually jogged into the road and almost went under a 40 foot truck.

Personally I don't mind the distancing if it means peoe stay out of my way but not if its putting people into worse danger.

You can't clear your throat in the supermarket anymore without fear of being set upon.

I like wearing a mask tho. What was once socially unacceptable has now become completely acceptable and I'm taking full advantage of this. I have two black ones, one that I made out of a union jack bandana and one that I like to wear when I'm cycling.

Also, the roads are absolutely beautiful for riding my bike.

I do hear what you are saying Cholls.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:08 am

Postby Cholls » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:51 am

Thanks, Manners73, your opinion means a lot to me.

Your experience with the jogger is interesting.

In one of the supermarkets where I shop, last week, literally, all of the employees were saying, "It's The Man.". One of them even said, "It's the beginning of the nanny state.".

Might need to turn on subtitles / closed captions, but this is worth watching:
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 1PolarBear » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm

^
He still has to explain why people show up in hospitals in high numbers.
His questions are mostly rhetorical.
Germany will get overwhelmed pretty soon just like the others.
A week ago, the US also thought they were exceptional, that the deaths in Spain and Italy were due to being old, smoking, pollution, or bad health care facilities.
Yet, now they have just as many deaths per day suddenly, just as anybody could predict.
Give it another week, it will be four times more.

According to this guy, none of those deaths are due directly to the virus, it's like any other respiratory disease, and Germany is special. Maybe its true, but it makes zero difference in the people dying. :)

He just likes his gregarious lifestyle. I bet he is a super spreader. :lol:
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post