Our partner

Interrogation about two unusual traits

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Interrogation about two unusual traits

Postby Nerevar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:55 am

I'm trying to assess if I've some schizoid and schizotypal traits or not. In particular there are two opposite things I've always felt ashamed and conflicted about.
I don't know if it's rather in the magical thinking or odd beliefs categories, but here it is :
- I've long had this irrational impression that if I'd wanted it really hard, I could become, if not for a small time, another person, at least physically speaking. It's at odds with my very rational psyche in general. But even though after childhood I knew that it were impossible, I found this kind of fantasy kind of soothing, as if the ideation of this fantasy were a kind of meditation state. It's hard to describe.
And then the exact opposite, which shows a quite appealing conflict inside my brain :
- It's surely a rather schizoid thing about self preservation but when I was a child and even afterwards I often "had" to compensate for the act of seeing other people or touching them by some kind of tiny and rapid ritual (blinking for example), with the irationnal fear that I was menaced by the contact if I did not do it.
It's maybe linked to the fact that I think I've a bit suffered because of bullies when I was 6-7. I was quite odd and peculiar, overtly, in those days. Later on I didn't let this kind of oddity appear.
Nerevar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Interrogation about two unusual traits

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:18 am

A member recently explained to me that there can be overlap between magical thinking and odd beliefs (magical thinking = odd beliefs, but not all odd beliefs involve magical thinking).

Hope you get some more input soon.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Postby Oblivion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:44 pm

The blinking thing definitely sounds like OCD.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Postby 1201236 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:33 pm

It is uneasy to know what is unusual or not, or why someone would care. As to a bridge between schizoid personality disorder, none of the terms for it are there for unusualness sake. They are seen among men with personality disorders often enough they are used to number them into the different distinctions. Men with these disorders are seeing a psychologist because of the disorder, not the knots in their mind. The hope is he, to whom it may be supposed they yield money, can heal them of the malady, whereafter they shall speak and do better. The trouble they have it seems is they say and do that which causes trouble in their circumstances. They cannot change it alone, and so they seek psychologists. I will not acknowledge in your epistle any intimation of mutation of someones mind. Psychology should deal to my mind with practices and manners.
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post