Our partner

Schizoid Personality Disorder Comorbidities?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Schizoid Personality Disorder Comorbidities?

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:30 am

- I'm wondering if there are other mental disorders commonly comorbid with Schizoid Personality Disorder?

- I'm also wondering if anyone knows how common it is for this PD to be in prison populations - or other corrections (comparitively to other disorders)
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Schizoid Personality Disorder Comorbidities?

Postby Oblivion » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:47 pm

For the record, my latest dx is OCD, GAD, and PD-NOS with features of (in descending order) OCPD, schizoid PD and NPD.

Based on genetics, (early) life experiences and how one generally relates/reacts to the world around them, I'd say many many comorbid disorders are possible. We're all snowflakes.

I'm also guessing that SPD and the autism spectrum can be easily confused by lazy, stupid doctors, or which there are more than a few.

SPD is supposedly rare, so I'd guess it's much less common in prison populations than other disorders.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Postby CuteLoneCat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:15 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:I'm also wondering if anyone knows how common it is for this PD to be in prison populations

I would think it's less common because schizoids go out of their way to avoid confrontation and conflict.
CuteLoneCat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:10 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Oblivion wrote:SPD is supposedly rare, so I'd guess it's much less common in prison populations than other disorders.

ASPD is supposedly rare too, yet some speculate they compose up to 80% of the jail/prison population.
Not to say that mass overdiagnosis, isn't possible.

So then, with Schizoid PD, do you think they're more likely to go over to forensic psychwards or jails/prisons?

CuteLoneCat wrote:go out of their way to avoid confrontation and conflict.

Hmm, I'm uncertain about that or whether that means a lack of crime. It seems like this is a PD I wouldn't want to ###$ with.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby poxalis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:02 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:It seems like this is a PD I wouldn't want to ###$ with.

Why? It's likely the least unhinged and emotionally motivated PD there is. A schizoid is only trying to seek peace in a world they find unpeaceful.

When I was in jail I just slept and read. The few times I played card games I had extraordinary luck and the other players got pissed of. So I shuffled back to my cot, peeled the mattress up, and reread that stupid Christian romance about a crop duster pilot for the fifteenth time.

-- Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:09 am --

As far as comorbidities.... Depression, anxiety, sensory processing disorders, ADHD (why not, everyone has it), drug/alcohol abuse, PTSD.... Would be guesses off the top of my head.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby poxalis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
ASPD is supposedly rare too, yet some speculate they compose up to 80% of the jail/prison population.

AsPD is defined by criminal behavior. It's probably more interesting trying to figure out how many AsPD aren't in jail.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:23 am

poxalis wrote:It's likely the least unhinged and emotionally motivated PD there is. A schizoid is only trying to seek peace in a world they find unpeaceful.

poxalis wrote:When I was in jail...

Do you have schizoid PD?

How long were you in jail for? Violence or other?

If you don't have the PD, what experience do you have with it to have such a thorough understanding?
It's not a common one to hear about, at least I've found.

poxalis wrote:
DaturaInnoxia wrote:

AsPD is defined by criminal behavior. It's probably more interesting trying to figure out how many AsPD aren't in jail.

ASPD wasn't what I was interested in at the moment, but I imagine it will be more psychopathic individuals that avoid jail/prison.

I'm still curious the percentage of schizoids in contrast to antisocials and whatever other mental disorders are in our corrections systems.

As well as whether they end up in forensic psych units instead.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CuteLoneCat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:It seems like this is a PD I wouldn't want to ###$ with

I imagine the schizoid would not be very responsive and would simply withdraw from contact with whoever is messing with him.

There is little aggression in people with this disorder. This is from the wiki:
"According to the DSM, those with SPD may often be unable to, or will rarely express aggressiveness or hostility, even when provoked directly."

Can you elaborate on what you imagine would happen if someone ###$ with this PD?

poxalis wrote:When I was in jail...

I've been trying to think, if I would ever find myself in prison, what the reason would be.
It would certainly not be emotionally-driven. Only thing I can think of is rationally getting something, so money through stealing or fraude
CuteLoneCat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:10 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:24 pm

CuteLoneCat wrote:Can you elaborate on what you imagine would happen if someone ###$ with this PD?

Off the topic of and motive for asking my original questions, I have my reasons, but perhaps it's just a comorbidity.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Oblivion » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Forget about comorbidities. I want to know what happened to the Christian crop duster pilot.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post