Our partner

Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Postby fallenmen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Dreams aren't suppose to be realistic but its kinda annoying if they are the only drive that u have in life.
I spent the last 1.5 year doing nothing with my degree, mostly because I don't care about getting a job even a solo freelance one.
The thing my dreams are so unrealistic yet without them life is kinda pointless.
Any thoughts or someone with the same problems?
fallenmen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Postby smirks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:30 am

They're the only drive you have in life and you're not willing to do anything about them? It's going to be a rough life for you. Do you have dreams or do you just want stuff and find it unfair that no one is willing to give you what you want when you're not even willing to put forth effort towards it?
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 am

Postby fallenmen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 am

They're aren't necessarily the only drive i have but without them life overall is kinda pointless also yes i am not willing put effort towards it but not sure if because that they unrealistic or just laziness.

also they unrealistic scientifically.
fallenmen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:25 am

Postby Dsptial » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Why not tell us a little about them? If you're after a reality check on whether the dreams are unrealistic, it may help to describe them to other people.
Dsptial
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Postby poxalis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:12 am

my mind clouds over occasionally, and my fantasies go to ground. cold corpses. eyes shut. sometimes, though, i'm awake. my fantasies a burning ember turning over in my core. i know they're impossible, but i yearn to act them out as if they were. they fill me up inside until my fingers twitch and i nearly go blind of reality. no, that's not right. reality is still there but it's not so important. the mundane fades as I squirm against my fantasies. they lift me up until i'm breathing great big gasps of air. my car careening wild like an animal, my sick twisted grin shining maniacally, and that greedy part of my soul is filling up as my eyes dilate. clawed fingers stretching from me, casting a shadow on "realistic" and scratching at the asphalt to be fed fantasies. to be the fantasy.

dreams... i grasp at them unsuccessfully. sometimes i can almost taste them because their smell is so poignantly present. i'm chasing a dream right now. it's like sun rays on the horizon, beginning to change the color of the gray sky. yet, i've failed so much. so often. so continuously. i'm reaching with fervor. madly, unrealistically. sacrificing even other people's desire to get there. to keep pushing. i've given up before. right now though. i feel the pleasure building and i know there will be release soon. the clouds are hanging fat and ready to rain down my success.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 am

Postby Oblivion » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

^^Enjoyed reading that.

My dreams are usually very realistic visually, but not in structure. My dream self is often different than my waking self; I occasionally dream that my apartment is filled with people, some of whom are roomates, and I don't seem to be bothered by it.

I suspect many have a serialized nature; people, places and situations that are familiar and reocurring, but I can't describe any of them because the memory vaporizes upon waking. Perhaps there's a point to the fact that I can't recall any of these people or places in my waking state. Dreams that I do remember are usually analyzed, although the explanations usually point to anxiety.

I often feel that I am a mystery to myself. So much thinking goes on during the day, but it all seems so circular compared to dreams, where things seem to open up. I'd love to be able to tap into that but apparently it's not meant to be.
Kids need to know they suck.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 am

Postby emillionth » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:02 am

There are things I feel like doing or things that I want in my life (sometimes they're immediate, sometimes they're actually long-term things), but "dreams, properly", I'm not sure if I have any. I get tired very quickly of the idea of something I can't do anything about right now.

That's probably a big part of why I keep coming back to the idea of traveling. I can always improve my language skills, my self-sufficiency skills or my health and fitness. And it doesn't matter if I actually get to use those skills the way I pictured in my head, they're useful no matter what, and they give me structure (or some structure at least). I only need to get to that end point (of actually going on a trip) often enough in my life to be convinced that it's something in the plane of reality.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 am

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post