Our partner

Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Postby fallenmen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Dreams aren't suppose to be realistic but its kinda annoying if they are the only drive that u have in life.
I spent the last 1.5 year doing nothing with my degree, mostly because I don't care about getting a job even a solo freelance one.
The thing my dreams are so unrealistic yet without them life is kinda pointless.
Any thoughts or someone with the same problems?
fallenmen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Unrealistic dreams/fantasy

Postby smirks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:30 am

They're the only drive you have in life and you're not willing to do anything about them? It's going to be a rough life for you. Do you have dreams or do you just want stuff and find it unfair that no one is willing to give you what you want when you're not even willing to put forth effort towards it?
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14 am

Postby fallenmen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 am

They're aren't necessarily the only drive i have but without them life overall is kinda pointless also yes i am not willing put effort towards it but not sure if because that they unrealistic or just laziness.

also they unrealistic scientifically.
fallenmen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Dsptial » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Why not tell us a little about them? If you're after a reality check on whether the dreams are unrealistic, it may help to describe them to other people.
Dsptial
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:14 am

Postby poxalis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:12 am

my mind clouds over occasionally, and my fantasies go to ground. cold corpses. eyes shut. sometimes, though, i'm awake. my fantasies a burning ember turning over in my core. i know they're impossible, but i yearn to act them out as if they were. they fill me up inside until my fingers twitch and i nearly go blind of reality. no, that's not right. reality is still there but it's not so important. the mundane fades as I squirm against my fantasies. they lift me up until i'm breathing great big gasps of air. my car careening wild like an animal, my sick twisted grin shining maniacally, and that greedy part of my soul is filling up as my eyes dilate. clawed fingers stretching from me, casting a shadow on "realistic" and scratching at the asphalt to be fed fantasies. to be the fantasy.

dreams... i grasp at them unsuccessfully. sometimes i can almost taste them because their smell is so poignantly present. i'm chasing a dream right now. it's like sun rays on the horizon, beginning to change the color of the gray sky. yet, i've failed so much. so often. so continuously. i'm reaching with fervor. madly, unrealistically. sacrificing even other people's desire to get there. to keep pushing. i've given up before. right now though. i feel the pleasure building and i know there will be release soon. the clouds are hanging fat and ready to rain down my success.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am

Postby Oblivion » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

^^Enjoyed reading that.

My dreams are usually very realistic visually, but not in structure. My dream self is often different than my waking self; I occasionally dream that my apartment is filled with people, some of whom are roomates, and I don't seem to be bothered by it.

I suspect many have a serialized nature; people, places and situations that are familiar and reocurring, but I can't describe any of them because the memory vaporizes upon waking. Perhaps there's a point to the fact that I can't recall any of these people or places in my waking state. Dreams that I do remember are usually analyzed, although the explanations usually point to anxiety.

I often feel that I am a mystery to myself. So much thinking goes on during the day, but it all seems so circular compared to dreams, where things seem to open up. I'd love to be able to tap into that but apparently it's not meant to be.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby emillionth » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:02 am

There are things I feel like doing or things that I want in my life (sometimes they're immediate, sometimes they're actually long-term things), but "dreams, properly", I'm not sure if I have any. I get tired very quickly of the idea of something I can't do anything about right now.

That's probably a big part of why I keep coming back to the idea of traveling. I can always improve my language skills, my self-sufficiency skills or my health and fitness. And it doesn't matter if I actually get to use those skills the way I pictured in my head, they're useful no matter what, and they give me structure (or some structure at least). I only need to get to that end point (of actually going on a trip) often enough in my life to be convinced that it's something in the plane of reality.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Postby fallenmen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:02 am

Dsptial wrote:Why not tell us a little about them? If you're after a reality check on whether the dreams are unrealistic, it may help to describe them to other people.

i left them out because they are embarrassing, but i guess u right.

they are somewhere between cutting edge technology and sci-F.
they start from me studying/understanding all majors fields in sciences like theoretical physics engineering(all kinds), general AI, robotics, neurology, gen-editing etc... and have all kind of break through, after that create some $#%^ like self-replicating system that can help me create even more stuff without much input from me that are self-stained and function in all environment (space, earth etc...) create an empire a collections of stations in space that host stuff like armies, factory or space odyssey that have bio-garden and even city, gen-edit to improve my body (live forever etc...), create semi-conscious robots in which i can control them by thoughts basically become co-conscious with all robots, create a new robotic/gen-edited body-forms that will not be self aware within themselves but rather will become a collection that serve as a platform to extend my conscious into the next state, in which group can dissociate and still function as me by choose or by technical problems like communications(i don't know why this part have to be realistic) only then to reintegrate back into me where i can be multi-conscious at the sometime, also to give me the ability to control my mind like understand everything is happening inside and how to control it if i wish to, also those body-froms will pack all kind of sci-f superpowers like teleportation/telekinesis/shape-shift/mind-control/nuclear powered etc...

also there is self-sex group fantasy for some reason.
PS: body-froms have the two genders cause am not sexist XD i will experience thing from both end.

but the point here is i think most schizoid have rich fantasy but what do u guys do if that was the only drive or thing u give a $#%^ about in life.
life is kinda dull, silly and pointless without those unrealistic fantasies.
fallenmen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby poxalis » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:58 am

fallenmen wrote:but the point here is i think most schizoid have rich fantasy but what do u guys do if that was the only drive or thing u give a $#%^ about in life.

my fantasy is my life and i have no issue with that. i've shaped my life around fantasy. sometimes they aren't meant to live in the world though. i create them nonetheless. write them. fling my fish to the shore to drown. it's hard to try and guide my fantasies to be more productive. i find it's best i just act as their slave. i've had much more "success" that way. riding the waves to whatever shore it takes me. one day, i hope that shore is filled with engorged bank accounts and excessive square footage. i used to live in such a big house. i had a "wing" if you can believe it. haha. and that was just the main house. to have that in my future seems a far off dream. i did dream once of something beautifully dark. i wrote about it. over and over in so many ways. and one day i found it, in the world. threw all my hopes and dreams into that wave and rode it. hard to say if that was a good idea. i did get what i wanted, but there was a price to pay for living that fantasy. i'm not the same person i was because of it. which isn't necessarily bad.

this week i've been obsessed. a fantasy driving me past the point i should let it. i haven't really been sleeping much. haven't been doing much of anything but writing it. It's the type of fantasy that's just a story. Not something that could be made real. my neck hurts from leaning over the keyboard. i'm tired. i suppose i might be hungry but i don't really know that. my eyes are blinded to everything else. it's painful to think i'll need to be away from this fantasy tomorrow, because i have other things to do. christ. i just need it done. need to see it to it's end.

and what will it get me? nothing. nothing but time i probably should have spent doing chores or some other inane, repetitive task. this fantasy isn't something others would want. like i said though. i'll create it. fling it to the shore to drown. people will grimace as they walk by it's corpse. and yet i'll still be smiling, thinking it such a beautifully horrible thing i've made. and right now? this fervor? it's what i live for.

in the end i feel like all my fantasies are the same. some twisted version of each other. the same characters playing out over and over. i feel like there's a dark ache inside me that throbs. it's where my fantasies are born. i have no idea what it is. my soul i guess.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 am

The following is from another thread, but I've quoted it here as its a great favorite:
poxalis wrote:There was a brief time in college but it didn't stick. A anomaly in my life as a whole. There was a lot going on at the time so it's hard to point a single finger at a cause. It was more like pre-psychosis. An overactive imagination that controlled me. Stopped wanting to touch things in public, didn't want to drink the water, had an imaginary friend, was downright terrified of visualizing ghosts, lost a lot of weight rapidly, had a very restrictive diet, was alone nearly all the time, felt things. The air around me was charged, and my senses were running wild. I can still feel the memory. Sense it brush against my mind in a shudder. The only way I'll get back into that state is kicking and screaming. When the murmurs come, whispered thoughts about coincidences and spirits...I push it away. There's a risk in entertaining possibilities. I can feel it trembling beneath the surface like a cup too full of water. A rich imagination that could drown me.

poxalis wrote:
fallenmen wrote:but the point here is i think most schizoid have rich fantasy but what do u guys do if that was the only drive or thing u give a $#%^ about in life.

my fantasy is my life and i have no issue with that. i've shaped my life around fantasy. sometimes they aren't meant to live in the world though. i create them nonetheless. write them. fling my fish to the shore to drown. it's hard to try and guide my fantasies to be more productive. i find it's best i just act as their slave. i've had much more "success" that way. riding the waves to whatever shore it takes me. one day, i hope that shore is filled with engorged bank accounts and excessive square footage. i used to live in such a big house. i had a "wing" if you can believe it. haha. and that was just the main house. to have that in my future seems a far off dream. i did dream once of something beautifully dark. i wrote about it. over and over in so many ways. and one day i found it, in the world. threw all my hopes and dreams into that wave and rode it. hard to say if that was a good idea. i did get what i wanted, but there was a price to pay for living that fantasy. i'm not the same person i was because of it. which isn't necessarily bad.

this week i've been obsessed. a fantasy driving me past the point i should let it. i haven't really been sleeping much. haven't been doing much of anything but writing it. It's the type of fantasy that's just a story. Not something that could be made real. my neck hurts from leaning over the keyboard. i'm tired. i suppose i might be hungry but i don't really know that. my eyes are blinded to everything else. it's painful to think i'll need to be away from this fantasy tomorrow, because i have other things to do. christ. i just need it done. need to see it to it's end.

and what will it get me? nothing. nothing but time i probably should have spent doing chores or some other inane, repetitive task. this fantasy isn't something others would want. like i said though. i'll create it. fling it to the shore to drown. people will grimace as they walk by it's corpse. and yet i'll still be smiling, thinking it such a beautifully horrible thing i've made. and right now? this fervor? it's what i live for.

in the end i feel like all my fantasies are the same. some twisted version of each other. the same characters playing out over and over. i feel like there's a dark ache inside me that throbs. it's where my fantasies are born. i have no idea what it is. my soul i guess.

I've never been able to appreciate James Joyce, especially after having seen Hervey Cleckley, in The Mask of Sanity, refer to Joyce's writing as "hebephrenic ramblings".

Your comments here, on the other hand, make me feel that you're everything Joyce wishes he were. Your most recent comment made me cry.

Please take good care of yourself. Make sure you eat nutritious food and drink lots of water. I love what you write and hope to keep reading it.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 am

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post