Our partner

Panic attacks but not?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Panic attacks but not?

Postby sinsofangels » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:41 pm

I've been getting this thing at doctor's visits where I start crying and curl up on myself, hands clenched and at my temples. I can't control it and that's really ######6 annoying. My first thought was panic attack, but I don't feel scared. I don't think I'm going to be hurt at all. Like, I'm scared of heights so I know what fear feels like. This is more like just a ton of stress? There's a bit of depersonalization, I guess; while it's happening my mind is going, wtf how do I stop this, but I can't. Any idea what this is?
sinsofangels
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Panic attacks but not?

Postby smirks » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm

It's understandable. It's hard to open up about emotional things to strangers, especially when your inclination is to do the opposite, and especially if that hasn't gone so well for you in the past.

Maybe that's what it is?
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:08 am

Postby Schizological1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 pm

I get this when i'm in safe enviorments, i had occasions of screaming in my car, i have occasions of screaming when i was with my grandma, i also dont think its a panic attack but it was an extreme overwhelm of all the emotions of helplessness, its better not to connect to your emotions too fast in my opinion, (if you're doing therapy that's probably why) i wish i knew it in hindsight maybe i would have taken it slower, you really need to feel safe with your therapist to be able to deal with those #######5 emotions.

I just had 10 mins ago a small panic over being alone in my house, ######6 scary i dont know how to hundle this $#%^, emotions turned off luckily
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:08 am

Postby sinsofangels » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:29 pm

It's not just at therapists but regular doctors too. I can get through a short appointment but if they stray away from clinical what symptoms type questions I just melt down. It might be a PTSD thing? I had a really bad experience with a procedure a few years ago and I think the anxiety built up over time. You might be right about it being too much, it kind of feels like when autistic kids have meltdowns because of sensory overloads. I don't scream, though, I just cry.
sinsofangels
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post