Our partner

What brings you fulfillment?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

What brings you fulfillment?

Postby d3xx » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Some people gain a sense of purpose, a sense of fulfillment through their relationships with others.
Some gain fulfillment from acquiring things or status. Some from attaining goals or from serving others. Some from a job or passtime or activity.

This relates to the "do you care about anyone or anything" thread. If, more days than not, you can say to yourself that you are glad to be alive and that life is worth living, what is it that brings you that sense? Does it give you a sense of anticipation or excitement for the future?

If this above is not your experience, you can comment on that too.
d3xx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What brings you fulfillment?

Postby smirks » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Usually, it's service. I like to be helpful. Usually, it's the thing that tires me most though, because I don't have the art of being able to balance my own needs with others' needs in real time.

So, I need that balance of being just with myself and taking care of my own needs and doing things that satisfy and re-energize me.

I don't know if I can say I have a sense of anticipation and excitement about the future. I'm not certain that I've ever felt that. I find that usually people have these things about personal milestones and achievements and I'm not really into that.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Postby Schizological1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:07 pm

I dont think i had this sence of fullfillment, maybe very low fulfillment- when i dig a hole at the beach, or when im peeling with my nails a cracked wall paint for hours, i can get so obsessive when i peel walls i dont notice time goes by.

My favorite is stepping on completely dry and small leaves,
I guess the common of all of this things is making a large impact with small effort, the noise of a tousand leaves crushing so easily, or digging a hole so easily with breach sand
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:55 am

Postby Eccentric » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:30 am

I'd say my relationships instill me with a sense of fulfillment. Of course given my personality, I'm not very good at strengthening those relationships.. :cry:

Other than that; meditation and making art help do the trick for me.
Eccentric
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Postby Dsptial » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:09 pm

For me, I feel fulfilled when I do things that other people couldn't have done just as well or better. Sometimes that's helping people, sometimes it's writing or teaching.

I get an absolute buzz out of speaking in front of large crowds. That confuses people who think that my personality is the same thing as shyness or social anxiety.
Dsptial
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Postby Aeva117 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:48 am

I've really only experienced it in 2 specific situations, but they occur on a regular basis. One is at work, after a long or difficult conversation with a client, knowing I went above and beyond what they expected of my knowledge.

The second is the moment after I close my front door. I'm in my own house, and I have a huge, awesome dog standing next to me, and nobody can bother me if I don't want them to. It's really, really simple...but growing up dreading going home, and having a dog being my life dream, it's huge for me. I often just pause for a few seconds and soak in the feeling.
Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) all grown up
Aeva117
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:55 pm

Postby emillionth » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:47 am

I get a sense of fulfillment from the knowledge (or at least the impression) that, if I feel well today (better than in the past, or better than I could have reasonably expected), it's because of previous efforts of my own. Conversely though, I get very upset if I don't feel well / if I'm in a bad situation and I feel that I'm responsible for it. I spend a considerable amount of energy convincing myself that certain mistakes can't be avoided, but making sure that I've learned what I could learn from it so I can prevent future mistakes that can be avoided.

More broadly, I get a sense of fulfillment from feeling like I've figured out something.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:55 am

Postby Oblivion » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Indulging in that which obsesses me.

Sex.

Realization of creative projects.

Kitty.

Climate change.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:50 pm

Writing and finishing stories.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby poxalis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:50 pm

I would say creating things, in general. Although some things are more satisfying and enjoyable than others. I need a craft that has short term and long term goals.

-- Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 am --

Tyler wrote:Writing and finishing stories.

what type of things do you like to write?
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post