Our partner

Do You Care About Anyone or Anything?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Do You Care About Anyone or Anything?

Postby Esmoke » Wed May 13, 2020 10:27 pm

I do, possibly not enough and most people think that I don’t give a shlt about anything but that’s just not true. I can’t seem to help how I come across to people, everyone sees me as a kind of creepy serial killer type that mostly keeps to myself but is probably hiding bodies in drums of acid, but anyway my point is how I feel and how I appear to feel are quite a bit different. I’m not a Schizoid but I Do have some similar qualities.
Just another sock puppet in a dancing children’s show for the amusement of the masses
Esmoke
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 am

To minimise vectors of vulnerability, perhaps one could attempt to consolidate a power by "not caring about anything"..

Yet if the attempt is made because one doesn't want to care, then the act of "not caring" reinforces the self belief that one actually does care to begin with. For how can one try to "not care" without reinforcing the position that one cares to begin with.

shrug

who cares :D
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:03 am
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby I Dream 5 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:59 pm

CityMouse wrote:Do you care about anyone besides yourself? Do you care about yourself? And do you care about anything?

I care about others. It's just I can't be too close to them for various reasons. These reasons could be that they have different World views, are unintelligent, unreliable or just plain out of their minds. I have been disappointed by others so often that I have long "thrown my hands up" and just had to observe others from a distance. There's only so much you can do.
Your one and only resident Schizoid (in most places).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 2ost » Fri May 21, 2021 2:05 pm

CityMouse wrote:Do you care about anyone besides yourself? Do you care about yourself? And do you care about anything?

Do you call it care, when someone even tries to comfort and/or help strangers, as long, as it doesn't mean connecting in any way? If that counts as care to you, then… yes, I do care!
2ost
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Postby Treznik » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:05 am

I have a best friend and an ex-girlfriend who I genuinely enjoy spending time with. I care about my parents, I think they've accepted we are as close as we can be given that I stay away from everyone, even people I care about. If there is anyone who accepts that I reject hugs, propositions, or invitations to gatherings without any explanation, it's them.
I have opinions on socio-economic issues to the best that I understand them at the moment (abortion, guns, taxes etc..). But not enough to actually speak out loud about how I feel about them. I've lived through several presidencies (in the United States), changes in living situations and apart from things getting gradually more expensive, and technology changing, nothing really changes for me.
Treznik
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post