Our partner

Support groups suck

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Support groups suck

Postby Schizological1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Online is the only option with this disorder, and every place is overpopulated with normal people, i end up not talking at all ever just like in real life, most of the time uninterested to even read the conversations, some real schizoids sometimes do appear but they get dragged into conversations of what is schizoid and what is less schizoid, and what the dsm says, you know i just wanna talk, i dont give a ###$ what a book says about me but i want to talk about ME not a book, and i want to find the only people that would understand my expirience (based on the book)

Sometimes i get something out of this groups, so i stay, but it sucks that this disorder has all the odds against it
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Support groups suck

Postby smirks » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:08 am

I'm glad you're getting something out of the forum.

Where else are you going? There aren't a lot of places for schizoids that I have found.

The thing I find very hard about other people is that they're constantly talking about people they love and I'm like *awkward silence because I have nothing to contribute* and then you see people's faces change and it's like they're trying to figure out what is wrong and why are conversation is subtly disquieting to them.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:39 am

Postby Schizological1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am

smirks wrote:I'm glad you're getting something out of the forum.

Where else are you going? There aren't a lot of places for schizoids that I have found.

The thing I find very hard about other people is that they're constantly talking about people they love and I'm like *awkward silence because I have nothing to contribute* and then you see people's faces change and it's like they're trying to figure out what is wrong and why are conversation is subtly disquieting to them.

Reddit, facebook and schizoid.net,
At reddit they always talk about other people or themselves, i dont care about either, maybe i could care about them if they had expiriences similar to mine, but they usually sound more awkward and proud than disordered.

At facebook alot of self diagnosers, so the few actual diagnosed get outnumbered and outliked, i felt as if i needed to race for attention, no emotions=no attention, so its just unfair for me, i cant win,
And schizoid.net are boring, i gave them up in 15 mins.

I always feel like i have nothing to say, people talking about themselves and their problems and i only care if i have the exact same problem, and i almost never do,
So i wonder if anyone is actually schizoid there, there is no overlap between my problems and theirs.

Btw, do you have opinions? Alot of opinions threads in reddit too, i dont care about anything to have opinions on anything, so im also quite when people share opinions, i have opinions about society as a whole, but thats it
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Schizological1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:31 pm

alot of them have a resentment for therapy proffesions, always talking how they are misunderstood and dont want to change, they are stuck the way they are and unwilling to change, i dont care about them but it feels like if you disagree with this idea you go against a whole cult that will resent you for not being like them, i hate cults, and i avoid people that are too proud of themselves because it usually leads to irrationality and mob thinking, instead of a set of individuals it becomes a one minded crowd, are all schizoids like that? i always hated this mob mentality
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby smirks » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:12 am

Schizological1 wrote:At facebook alot of self diagnosers, so the few actual diagnosed get outnumbered and outliked, i felt as if i needed to race for attention, no emotions=no attention, so its just unfair for me, i cant win,

I always feel like i have nothing to say, people talking about themselves and their problems and i only care if i have the exact same problem, and i almost never do,
So i wonder if anyone is actually schizoid there, there is no overlap between my problems and theirs.

Btw, do you have opinions? Alot of opinions threads in reddit too, i dont care about anything to have opinions on anything, so im also quite when people share opinions, i have opinions about society as a whole, but thats it

Interesting. I never want any attention at all. I guess that's why social media doesn't appeal to me. I don't ever have the motivation to "keep score" of likes or comments. I don't understand why it matters. I find it kind of meaningless. Really, what do you "win" in the end?

I feel that I am very different from people -- even here. I am always incredibly surprised when I have overlapping interests with anyone. It happens occasionally. But maybe it would be boring if we all had the same problems.

Yes, I have opinions. A lot of the time I lack the energy to explain them to people.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salles » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:14 am

smirks wrote:Yes, I have opinions. A lot of the time I lack the energy to explain them to people.

This... and I find so many people take offence if your opinion differs to theirs.
My opinions are often philosophical /instinctive in nature. On certain forums, other members want stats and facts to back up opinions. So, I have given up expressing opinions on forums also. It is no big deal. I prefer allowing them to come and go while in my own headspace without the need to voice them or be heard.
Mostly the kind of topics other people have strong opinions on, and invest a lot of energy in, don't matter to me.eg.
I don't give a ###$ that
- a pedophile was recently released after spending 7yrs in jail.
- an employee working for my cousin was caught stealing.
- The Brexit thing... no deal, or hard deal.
These topics are consuming those around me at the moment.
Last edited by Tyler on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use the swear filter, please
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 am

Postby smirks » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:54 am

The thing is, to explain something to someone, you first have to determine a point of commonality, and then kind of walk them step by step to where your head is.

So, sometimes I look at a person, and I look at my position, and I look off into the distance at the point of commonality, and it's just an exhaustive mental distance away.

But that's just a function of a large amount of time in solitary, away from people. People have these core values of these relationships. Like, people plan to go on vacations with family, and celebrate milestones, and go places to take photos of themselves in front of places, and make all of these nostalgic self-associations with music, and media, and gossip. So much of normal human existance is really relationship-based, so if you divorce yourself from that idea, you get very, very weird in a very, very short period of time.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Schizological1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:27 pm

salles wrote:
smirks wrote:Yes, I have opinions. A lot of the time I lack the energy to explain them to people.

This... and I find so many people take offence if your opinion differs to theirs.
My opinions are often philosophical /instinctive in nature. On certain forums, other members want stats and facts to back up opinions. So, I have given up expressing opinions on forums also. It is no big deal. I prefer allowing them to come and go while in my own headspace without the need to voice them or be heard.
Mostly the kind of topics other people have strong opinions on, and invest a lot of energy in, don't matter to me.eg.
I don't give a ###$ that
- a pedophile was recently released after spending 7yrs in jail.
- an employee working for my cousin was caught stealing.
- The Brexit thing... no deal, or hard deal.
These topics are consuming those around me at the moment.

oh my god this is why i asked exacly, people are so eager to learn about people that dont matter, and they are all so invested and i never care, im just sitting there bored for a long time untill this thing just fades, but it feels like a lifetime, because i also sit out from other boring conversations.

-- Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm --

smirks wrote:
Schizological1 wrote:At facebook alot of self diagnosers, so the few actual diagnosed get outnumbered and outliked, i felt as if i needed to race for attention, no emotions=no attention, so its just unfair for me, i cant win,

Interesting. I never want any attention at all. I guess that's why social media doesn't appeal to me. I don't ever have the motivation to "keep score" of likes or comments. I don't understand why it matters. I find it kind of meaningless. Really, what do you "win" in the end?

I feel that I am very different from people -- even here. I am always incredibly surprised when I have overlapping interests with anyone. It happens occasionally. But maybe it would be boring if we all had the same problems.

Yes, I have opinions. A lot of the time I lack the energy to explain them to people.

about wanting attention- this is such a weird part of me, because i'm totaly indifferent to praise and criticism, but as long as the praise and criticism are coming from crowds have sort of an effect on me, people always complimented me for being very smart and im looking at them with fish eyes, not knowing what to say... ok i guess?
but sometimes i get really vulnerble get offended
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post