Our partner

How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Schizological1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 am

There is nobody to shape his identity when he connects to the world, does he go through puberty and tries on a few hats untill he finds the right one for him?

I got to say, the limitlessness of the identity sounds so strange for me, that someone can be anything he wants, just put on a hat and now you're this and that...
Anybody else finds it strange?
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby smirks » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 am

You shape your own identity anyway -- through action and through inaction. I think most people suffer from impostor syndrome to some extent -- the feeling of not having properly earned your identity, success, career, or accomplishments, but essentially, the saying "fake it til you make it" holds true to some extent.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 am
Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Schizological1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:40 am

This randomness is so funny, i never got what stops people from being imposters lol, imposters gain more untill they get caught, i use this method all the time, i used to get women so easily, i just acted as if im a catch and everything i say is the funniest cleverest thing possible (i used to play with them untill they figured out im not really interested in them, just attention), it was before being diagnosed, but i dont get why men dont just act in the way nessecery to get woman, ###$ them and then stop faking.

Thats the part i dont understand, there is such an obvious security hole in this system, whats so bad about being an imposter that makes people not take advantage of that hole, i always take advantage of it when i can lol, i just become the person nessecery to get what i want, sometimes i act like an innocent honest man that always tells the truth, and people believe it, when i get pulled over i act like someone who regrets deeply and doesnt know how he broke the law, i know everybody does it, but everyone else has a part that also believes that they are responsible, and i dont.

This world is funnily stupid
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Cholls » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Eldror wrote:There is nobody to shape his identity when he connects to the world, does he go through puberty and tries on a few hats untill he finds the right one for him?

I got to say, the limitlessness of the identity sounds so strange for me, that someone can be anything he wants, just put on a hat and now you're this and that...
Anybody else finds it strange?

That wonderful 1991 movie, Paris is Burning, makes this even more explicit. The possibilities seem endless. It is initially easy to feel confused, until we realize that, naturally, each of us is interested only in certain specific 'hats'.

smirks wrote:You shape your own identity anyway -- through action and through inaction. I think most people suffer from impostor syndrome to some extent -- the feeling of not having properly earned your identity, success, career, or accomplishments,

Yes, very much so, because it's true.

Having been raised for the most part almost diametrically opposed to wisely, I was an impostor for a LONG time. It has taken my whole life so far, and great cost to me and everyone who had to deal with me, for me--one person--to even begin to be genuine, and then only in lucid moments.

smirks wrote:but essentially, the saying "fake it til you make it" holds true to some extent.

To some extent, yes, to "fake it" in order to survive and have the opportunity wise up (it's an endless process the outcome of which is never a given).

No one gets out of here alive, and if we lack the courage to meet and to battle consistently and relentlessly with our most shameful flaws and to free our deepest selves, we will not die satisfied.

Code: Select all
Regardless of how socially popular we appear, regardless of how good-looking we appear and how numerous our sexual conquests, regardless of our income, of our credentials, of our assets, of our job title, of the size of our office, of our community standing, of our celebrity, of our power of life and death over thousands, even millions.

Regardless of ALL of that, we have to come 'home' to ourselves.

And, if we cannot do that, not much else matters.

https://i.imgur.com/VCFNPW7.gif
source:
https://allpoetry.com/The-Man-in-the-Glass


Eldror wrote:This randomness is so funny, i never got what stops people from being imposters lol, imposters gain more untill they get caught, i use this method all the time, i used to get women so easily, i just acted as if im a catch and everything i say is the funniest cleverest thing possible (i used to play with them untill they figured out im not really interested in them, just attention), it was before being diagnosed, but i dont get why men dont just act in the way nessecery to get woman, ###$ them and then stop faking.

Thats the part i dont understand, there is such an obvious security hole in this system, whats so bad about being an imposter that makes people not take advantage of that hole, i always take advantage of it when i can lol, i just become the person nessecery to get what i want, sometimes i act like an innocent honest man that always tells the truth, and people believe it, when i get pulled over i act like someone who regrets deeply and doesnt know how he broke the law, i know everybody does it, but everyone else has a part that also believes that they are responsible, and i dont.

Often, 'an obvious security hole', is a trap :D

While I don't believe emotions are necessary to experience the most important thing in life, I do think a conscience is.

Those who maybe lack what's called a conscience, who maybe are born with an inability to feel responsibility, may very well get through this round of the polishing drum called Life unscathed, unaffected, unpolished, unchanged, and unimproved. Such people (some believe Bill Clinton may be one), such 'winners' on paper, will have experienced a life analogous to endless, meaningless toilet paper yardage.

Although, maybe even a conscience isn't necessary.

It is the stuff that harms our egos and ONLY that stuff that transforms us for the better, and if we lack the ability to respond bravely to harsh Reality, we will miss entirely the purpose of existence. But there is always next time.

Everyone will get there eventually. And when we do, I believe that we will 'each' look back on 'THIS' with a chuckle, although I'll be d***ed if I always remember this.

--> It's one thing to realize this and QUITE another to ACT CONSISTENTLY ACCORDING to this awareness.


Eldror wrote:This world is funnily stupid

No.

This world, this planetary ecosystem, this evolution, this solar system, this galaxy, this universe are magnificence transcending our greatest capacity for appreciation.

--> It's one thing to realize this and QUITE another to ACT CONSISTENTLY ACCORDING to this awareness.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 am
Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Schizological1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Cholls wrote:
--> It's one thing to realize this and QUITE another to ACT CONSISTENTLY ACCORDING to this awareness.


ya you got to remember that can not educate me to listen, just explain how you see it so i will understand

i felt it was partly a lecture, and i dont need one.
i dont care about normal people's purposes, i just want to understand the things that sound so trivial for normal people but baffle me as someone with a disorder, so random.
and nobody bothers to explain those basic things, because everyone assumes we all know that,
well i don't

it still sounds strange, i cant understand how you people are controled by conscious, because im controled almost completely by gain and loss, well its still nice to take advantage of people's politeness and guilt

and i guess that since i know that im not actually me when im around people, its just an act, i will go back to myself at the end of the day feeling like it wasn't me who acted this way or another around other people, so it doesnt matter for me if i steal or kill or watever, as long as i get things for it
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Cholls » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Eldror wrote:
Cholls wrote:
--> It's one thing to realize this and QUITE another to ACT CONSISTENTLY ACCORDING to this awareness.


ya you got to remember that can not educate me to listen, just explain how you see it so i will understand

i felt it was partly a lecture, and i dont need one
.
i dont care about normal people's purposes, i just want to understand the things that sound so trivial for normal people but baffle me as someone with a disorder, so random.
and nobody bothers to explain those basic things, because everyone assumes we all know that,
well i don't

it still sounds strange, i cant understand how you people are controled by conscious, because im controled almost completely by gain and loss, well its still nice to take advantage of people's politeness and guilt

and i guess that since i know that im not actually me when im around people, its just an act, i will go back to myself at the end of the day feeling like it wasn't me who acted this way or another around other people, so it doesnt matter for me if i steal or kill or watever, as long as i get things for it

Thank you very much for pointing out what I had done. I definitely can lecture, but should have added that it's ALWAYS myself I'm lecturing. In this case because I have strong sociopathic tendencies and have survived for most of my life by living the way you described yourself as living. I am aware that no one can be taught anything before their time, and would never have taken the time to type what I did for you, in particular.

Sociopaths and psychopaths are not the only people whose primary relationship is with themselves. I would go so far as to say that that is most people's main relationship, especially among the mentally ill. Arguably, only insofar as people are mentally healthy can they even perceive let alone value another human being.

The honest nature of the posts on this forum elicit responses from me which I would probably never spontaneously write in a journal. Posting here is the best way for me to get whatever arises 'out'.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 am
Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Cholls » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:42 am

Eldror wrote:...

im controled almost completely by gain and loss, well its still nice to take advantage of people's politeness and guilt

and i guess that since i know that im not actually me when im around people, its just an act, i will go back to myself at the end of the day feeling like it wasn't me who acted this way or another around other people, so it doesnt matter for me if i steal or kill or watever, as long as i get things for it

Maybe get a job in Blackfoot Indian country. I think you'd like it there. They're very generous and trusting.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 am
Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby smirks » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 am

Eldror wrote:This randomness is so funny, i never got what stops people from being imposters lol, imposters gain more untill they get caught.


Experience. It comes eventually. And then you're not an imposter anymore. BAM!

Eldror wrote:i use this method all the time, i used to get women so easily, i just acted as if im a catch and everything i say is the funniest cleverest thing possible (i used to play with them untill they figured out im not really interested in them, just attention), it was before being diagnosed, but i dont get why men dont just act in the way nessecery to get woman, ###$ them and then stop faking.


They don't? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what some people do.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 am
Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby salles » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Cholls wrote:I am aware that no one can be taught anything before their time, and would never have taken the time to type what I did for you, in particular.

That's for sure...
I was lost after reading ''RECOVERD SCHIZOID ''
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 pm
Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How does a recovered schizoid gets identity

Postby Schizological1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 pm

salles wrote:
Cholls wrote:I am aware that no one can be taught anything before their time, and would never have taken the time to type what I did for you, in particular.

That's for sure...
I was lost after reading ''RECOVERD SCHIZOID ''


Why? Because schizoids cant recover? Or because you cant imagine the possibility?
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests