Our partner

How do you feel towards other people

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

How do you feel towards other people

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 am

Just wondering how diagnosed schizoids feel towards other people, is it indifference, paranoia, distrust, contempt, dislike? What is your reason to isolate
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you feel towards other people

Postby Oblivion » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Of the words you listed, indifference is the closest, but it's not exactly right.

The best I can come up with is distraction.

A distraction from the continuum of thoughts, ideas, voices, music and images that's always running in my head.

Annoyance is another. Yap yap yap. I'm not interested.

But the correct answer might have something to do with a fear of intimacy, as well as a distorted sense of what intimacy means. Simple eye contact is sometimes too intimate for me. I don't like exposing myself to others. People have said to me "You're so quiet. What are you thinking about?", which to me translates as "Describe your penis in 1,000 words."

Not that I'm always thinking about my penis, but that's the only analogy I could think of.

Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Number23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 am

Technically, I've been diagnosed with schizotypal, but I think it was a mistake: my environment was really weird, not me. MMPI and Rorschach tests also pointed to schizoid tendencies.

My core PD being narcissistic, I first withdraw to avoid shame, and a vicious circle ensue: isolation and lack of interest in other people make me appear cold and probably a little bit strange, which make social interactions more awkward, which make me want to isolate...
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Number23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:25 am

Postby Schizological1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 am

Oblivion wrote:Of the words you listed, indifference is the closest, but it's not exactly right.

The best I can come up with is distraction.

A distraction from the continuum of thoughts, ideas, voices, music and images that's always running in my head.

Annoyance is another. Yap yap yap. I'm not interested.

But the correct answer might have something to do with a fear of intimacy, as well as a distorted sense of what intimacy means. Simple eye contact is sometimes too intimate for me. I don't like exposing myself to others. People have said to me "You're so quiet. What are you thinking about?", which to me translates as "Describe your penis in 1,000 words."

Not that I'm always thinking about my penis, but that's the only analogy I could think of.

I think i know what you're talking about, when someone asks me how im doing i either say good or explain how im doing as if i was a car, i'ld say something like "i feel bored and that i dont enjoy anything, how about you, how are you doing man?" *smiling at the person to avoid more attention*

Back to topic- i usually have too much stuff to focus about my feelings of people, im always busy in my fantasies or busy in making sure nobody crosses a line and gets too close to me, i am condescending and judgemental towards people 100 times in 1 conversation to make sure they stay far and know their limits.

Lately due to therapy i feel extremely disappointed from people over 'stupid things' that are very important for me, if someone talks about a topic i have nothing to say about i get offended, if there is a snack for everyone to share i get offended when i dont get everything, i feel like i deserve it all, so take all that and add up to it the fact that i didnt develop a healthy object relation like any normal baby, which means i have difficulty seeing in people good and bad at the same time, they are either the devil or an angel, so i can flip back and forth in 1 interaction between hating everyone to the bone and then seeing them as angels

I've become aware of this just lately, i didnt understand what this object relation theory said before because when i felt someone is bad i believed with all my heart he is the devil, and one minute later he was an angel, and i didnt find it weird, yet its extremely difficult to trust an angel when he can so easily become satan one minute later.

It just ######6 hit me how hard my life was when im writing this comment, i needed this therapy so bad, i needed to unload thanks
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:25 am

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 am

Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way, Eldror. Glad to hear that the therapy helped you.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby sinsofangels » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:37 am

indifference mostly, coupled with a crippling fear of being dragged into "drama."
*Caveat, I haven't actually been diagnosed yet.
sinsofangels
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby smirks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:38 am

Possibly dislike?

It's not indifference. I do have a sort of general care about people and whether they are happy. I just have no specific attachment to people and don't like being around them. You can care about people without liking them.

I think more about what I feel when I'm alone and how happy I am, how alive and energized I feel.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 pm

Postby MensRea » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

It depends on my mood. Most of the time, I feel nothing. Other times, I feel paranoia, but it's not necessarily directed at a specific individual. It's more often directed at my perception of my own vulnerability. On occasion, I will also feel extremely nervous, irritated, or otherwise uncomfortable when interacting with another person, but it's never directed at the person. Instead, I just feel that way about the fact that I am interacting at the moment and begin to withdraw or become noticeably distracted.
MensRea
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post