Our partner

How well do you tolerate marijuana?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

How well do you tolerate marijuana?

Postby Number23 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:40 am

Given that schizoid personality is on the schizophrenia spectrum and weed increases the risk of developing schizophrenia, I was wondering how do schizoids here react when smoking marijuana.

Personally speaking, I really don't tolerate it well. If there's an once of anxiety buried in me, pot will bring it into the open and make it bigger. Paranoia might become manifest too. I will even feel bad before smoking any of it. Fortunately, I don't take that $#%^ anymore.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Number23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How well do you tolerate marijuana?

Postby Schizological1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:26 am

It makes my emotional death more appearant, i look physicly dead- almost not moving, and i spend more time thinking about hypotheticals
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:55 am

Postby Oblivion » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:17 pm

I'm a weedhead, so yeah, I have issues.

I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to, but so what. Technically I'm a drug addict.

Marijuana can make me paranoid in high doses, but I don't smoke up like that anymore. It definitely makes me more insular and withdrawn, but I was introverted long before I started smoking.

A simple trip to the grocery store can be thwarted by getting even a little bit high, but if I have some social obligation I can't get out of, smoking will make it more bearable. If I'm already out, it can increase my sociability, but that's not necessarily a good thing because it can also make me stupid and abstract to the point where nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about.

For me, it crushes anxiety better than alcohol or benzos. So there's that.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Postby Number23 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 am

Oblivion wrote:For me, it crushes anxiety better than alcohol or benzos. So there's that.

How do you get benzos? My psychiatrist said they are bad for long term consumption. That's why she never considered them for me. They're also often abused.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Number23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Oblivion » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Number23 wrote:How do you get benzos? My psychiatrist said they are bad for long term consumption. That's why she never considered them for me. They're also often abused.

From my friendly neighborhood pharmacist. I have a prescription.

Once you take benzos medicinally, you can no longer enjoy them recreationally. :(
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Mindy1973 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Not quite heaven but possibly best a schizoid can get.. Have another schizoid live next door...roght next to a HUUUGE crop.. Oh sorry a couple of qualifications..

A) need online access to library
B) internet
C) headphones

...ok that's better... Now that's heaven.
Mindy1973
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Postby Eccentric » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:24 am

It pretty much makes all of my schizoid traits stronger and makes me anxious if I'm high in public, so I'll rarely partake anymore these days. It makes listening to music more interesting though.
Eccentric
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Postby Manners73 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:06 pm

I withdraw if I smoke weed so I don't do it.

Used to be able to tolerate it when I was younger and I would smoke it morning, noon and dinner and I'd be really sociable and it never got in the way of work or other pursuits.

If I use it now I'd lock my door, close my curtains and just stare at the television. I'd be quite happy to do that of course but I wouldn't be able to earn any money in that mental state.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 am

naps, ^take note.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Postby Oblivion » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Eight wrote:naps, ^take note.

There's a difference between using marijuana and letting it use you. I never did get around to watching that movie, by the way. After I finished the show, I looked around to find another one to start watching. After sampling a lot of crap, I found some French zombie show that was pretty good. I never would have had the patience to find it if I hadn't smoked. The episodes are very long, too. After I finished the first one, I realized that it was a movie, not a show. So I smoked some more and then jumped out the window because I could flyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post