Our partner

Paranoia?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Paranoia?

Postby KitMcDaydream » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Is Paranoia a big part of Schizoid personality? Is it just due to the isolation if you don't enjoy social things at all or see people for months at a time.

Even online I seem to eventually get my posts ignored and wonder what's the point of even trying to fit in anywhere?? I figure you can only get constantly rejected so many times before either it turns you into a psychopath, so you don't care about others and get a thrill from keeping secrets from them (especially authority figures if they ever treated you like you were stupid) or it makes you feel suicidal.

I'm also going through the peri menopause so feel I'm having more psychopathic thoughts lately. Interestingly Autism was once (many years ago) described as "autistic psychopathy'. I wonder if I've been unknowningly carrying a pre-disposition to become a psychopath when the menopause kicks in?
I mean if women who were previously thought to be 'normal' can develop things like late onset schizophrenia due to menopause??

It could explain the onset and awareness I've had the last few years suddenly of all the different alters I have and why they suddenly seem to have come alive and be aware of each other???

Anyone else experience this?
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Paranoia?

Postby smirks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:01 am

Eh...

....I think many schizoids have a history of relationships with unhealthy boundaries that don't meet their emotional needs. In that respect, it's really hard to see someone with SPD as "paranoid", because their wariness of people is warranted by their experiences with people, so it's hard to consider it as a delusional perception.

I think maybe if this post is indicative of your posting style, you might not get as many responses because it's not singularly focused, so there is too much for people to unpack to reply.

In this post alone you talk about SPD, paranoia, psychopathy, suicidal ideation, autism, schizophrenia, and menopause. Oh, and alters (DID). That's a good chunk of the DSM. It is HIGHLY unlikely for all of those things to be going on in one person. It makes you sound like a hypochondriac. It will also be hard for people to relate to all of those things.

Probably, what might be helpful in posting and perhaps tackling your issues, is to deal with one thing at a time, starting with whichever is the most urgent.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: Paranoia?

Postby KitMcDaydream » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:36 am

oops apologies....I (Kit) didn't know this had been posted.

One of my alters tends to come out in very 'angry rant' mode every now and again, usually at certain times of the month if you know what I mean! :oops:

Our posts usually only appear on the DID forums, (I'm usually the alter that writes them) but they knew I'd see it straight away and delete it if they posted on there!

BTW none of the alters have 'suicidal thoughts' but the one who wrote this can be a bit of a drama queen and is obviously feeling ignored by the system, she does it so the entire system's attention is focused on her for a while!

once again apologies and feel free to delete it. Looks like i'll have to start checking the whole site to see if there's anymore!

Kit
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 am

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post