Our partner

Disability

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Disability

Postby Schizological1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Anyone with disability here?
If yes- are you diagnosed woth something else?
In what way are you disabled? What doesnt allow you to function normally specificly?

Im asking because im very annoyed, i literally kill myself to keep living selling my soul and i suffer every second im there, but i have no choise, dont have anything to do but sucrifice my soul, therefor i want to hear an exemple of someone with this disorder who is disabled, because i cant think of something more 'disabled material' than my case, since i literally hate everything but i am left with no choise but to work, and nobody asks how many hours i want to work also
Schizological1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Disability

Postby Akuma » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:25 pm

I got disability because of a congenital visual impairment. I see about 10percent with glasses, so I cant drive a car, dont recognize people on the street etc. Could get more disability percentages due to my migraines afaik, but doesnt make sense to get more percentages.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Oblivion » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:16 pm

I got disability due to OCD. It is my understanding that personality disorders do not qualify as conditions that warrant government assistance.

In order to get it, you need to be seeing a mental health professional. Disability does not care to hear about your hardships. If you are deemed disabled, it is because the psychiatrist/psychologist checked off the appropriate box on the government form they were sent after you applied for disability. Also, be aware that if you begin to see someone on the basis that you "need disability", it may be harder to get a sufficient diagnosis. For every person on disability, there is someone looking to get it without it being warranted. If you're in the US and are talking about Social Security, most claims are denied the first time around. They know that people who are truly suffering and compromised will persist whereas fakers will have less incentive to push ahead with legal aid, which is sometimes necessary.

I've been on numerous gov't assistance programs since 2006 and I can tell you that I'd rather be functional enough to earn my keep.

Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:54 pm

Postby Number23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:59 pm

The disability checks pull you out of financial misery, but that's about all. You don't really live, you survive.
Also, where I'm at, the state forbids disability beneficiaries to travel abroad for more than two weeks.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Number23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:54 am

Postby Akuma » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Maybe more ontopic (?) in regards to mental illness / welfare money... an aquaintance of an aquaintance is in early retirement in his 30s because of schizophrenia. I'm not even sure heÄs diagnosed he primarily has problems with paranoia and ideas of reference and is on a shitload of pills that barely work. Here in Germany I assume thats social security limit, so existential minimum money wise. I'm on that, too tho for ages, it depends what you want [and probably how much your illness robs you of normal human desires heh] if thats ok for you or not.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Cholls » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Oblivion wrote:I got disability due to OCD. It is my understanding that personality disorders do not qualify as conditions that warrant government assistance.

In order to get it, you need to be seeing a mental health professional. Disability does not care to hear about your hardships. If you are deemed disabled, it is because the psychiatrist/psychologist checked off the appropriate box on the government form they were sent after you applied for disability. Also, be aware that if you begin to see someone on the basis that you "need disability", it may be harder to get a sufficient diagnosis. For every person on disability, there is someone looking to get it without it being warranted. If you're in the US and are talking about Social Security, most claims are denied the first time around. They know that people who are truly suffering and compromised will persist whereas fakers will have less incentive to push ahead with legal aid, which is sometimes necessary.

I've been on numerous gov't assistance programs since 2006 and I can tell you that I'd rather be functional enough to earn my keep.

Thanks to having repeatedly seen the inside of every Human Resources office for every job I have ever had, I have wondered exactly the same thing as Eldror.

Oblivion, thanks for your helpful answer.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Postby Number23 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 am

Your government should have a list of disorders that render a person automatically eligible to disability income, and disorders requiring that you meet other conditions. Where I live at least, it is better if you produce every three months, a medical form filled by a doctor attesting you have long term work limitations, until your demand is accepted.

I told my psychiatrist I wanted to work, had some pills prescribed, went to work one day or two, gave up, couldn't bear to be around people. Before leaving the office, you could pretend that you almost forgot the medical form you brought with you. Oh and by the way, being dirt poor is bad for your health you know. Last diagnosis was schizotypal with precarious contact with reality. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of reality than most people.

There was another form I had to submit to my social security office in which I described briefly my life history and limitations. Also a phone interview was scheduled with a government doctor, but the law didn't require me to have it, so they used the info they already had.

Good luck.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Number23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:54 am

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post