Our partner

Good Girl!--Thems Fightin Words

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Good Girl!--Thems Fightin Words

Postby CityMouse » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:14 am

I know a white male who looks people dead in the face and says, "fk yeah I'm an alcoholic!" He's working, he pays his bills, he's held down respectable work for 16 years, he visits his family, he lives in a nice flat. No one can tell him not to drink. That works for him.

If healthy coping strategies worked for him, you think he would spend all that money on alcohol? Oh, yeah he's "lazy" I guess. Please reread if you think he is.

But you do intermittent fasting which is healthy and all hell breaks loose.

Black - we're secretly not allowed to be equal to whites/Asians/Jews. The system wants us to be fat, lazy, and mediocre so they can feel in control. When someone starts surpassing you who you took for granted was loserish, one's anxiety goes up. Enter scrambling around, sabotage, the person's setbacks, cheap flattery, and perhaps laughing at them when they're not around.

Women - we're socialized (read: harassed) to care about everyone but ourselves. Women's March talks of illegal rights rather than machismo, Islamophobia rather than sexism in religion.

This is the only way I can deal with this crap.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Good Girl!--Thems Fightin Words

Postby Holodeck » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 pm

I get what you're saying except for the last bit. How are you dealing with it? It seems you're getting infuriated (justifiably so) but I don't see resolution that you've mentioned of any kind.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Good Girl!--Thems Fightin Words

Postby CityMouse » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm

I was just venting. Thanks anyway. :)
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:29 am