Our partner

The Male Schizoid And Lack Of Significant Other

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

The Male Schizoid And Lack Of Significant Other

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:36 am

I have my own theory on why many Schizoid Males lack a "significant other." I believe it is, simply, that many of these men know that most women don't look good without makeup on. What they want is to see a woman with no makeup on. They feel like the women are hiding something/being deceptive when wearing makeup. Since they hardly ever encounter a woman with no makeup in "everyday life", their chances of staying single go up (due to the "numbers game" and the fact that these makeup-less women don't usually ask out Men).

It is also my belief that many of these men are vulnerable to episodes of "schizoid exhibitionism" where they have some dating phases in their lives (though not all Male Schizoids do go through dating phases). The "schizoid exhibitionism" dating phases are induced by the constant, everyday bombardment of women who seem to be deceptive/fake by wearing makeup. I believe this is almost like a defense mechanism or counter to what they see as deceptive behavior.

Anyway, just my theory on why SOME Male Schizoids lack a "significant other". Feel free to chime in and formulate your own theories on this topic.
Your one and only resident Schizoid (in most places).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The Male Schizoid And Lack Of Significant Other

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:05 am

My understanding is that a Schizoid male lacks a significant other because a female did not entertain an offer or the Schizoid did not realize there was an offer. If things did go forward, the female accepted the Schizoid males eccentricities and the Schizoid male tolerated the female and her advances. They would remain together as long as the Schizoid males resources were not overwhelmed by emotional requirements of the female and/or and in addition to other external circumstances.

That being said, there is the complication of Schizoid fantasies which may come across as expectations or failures thereof. It may be difficult for a female to live up to a Schizoid's fantasy. However, if a Schizoid truly understands their needs, it's that the female understands their needs and accepts that. Of course, there is always some factor of attractiveness and utility but I assume less so in a Schizoid vs someone with ego and social expectations.

That being said, I agree that makeup is an issue with me. I don't like some of the deceptiveness but if that gives her more confidence, that is her thing.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 am

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:58 am

Just to clarify in the original post...."schizoid exhibitionism" refers to the schizoid individual who is able to express a great deal of feeling and to make what appear to be impressive social contacts...yet, in reality, gives nothing and loses nothing. Because he or she is "playing a part," his or her personality is not involved. According to Fairbairn, the person disowns the part he is playing and the schizoid individual seeks to preserve his personality intact and immune from compromise.
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:19 am

I don't understand where you tie these two together. What does makeup have to do with Schizoid exhibitionism? Fake people can be a ruse but it's a compromise. I accept you for accepting me. Don't expect more of me or it's going to compromise my abilities. I can only exert myself to a point. This is less so than a normal person. I will admit, my experience is that there is a limit to the extent Schizoids will compromise. Like normal people, it may coincide with how much time is spent alone. Once you are used to a certain way of living, it's difficult to adapt to something different.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:31 am

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I don't understand where you tie these two together. What does makeup have to do with Schizoid exhibitionism? Fake people can be a ruse but it's a compromise. I accept you for accepting me. Don't expect more of me or it's going to compromise my abilities. I can only exert myself to a point. This is less so than a normal person. I will admit, my experience is that there is a limit to the extent Schizoids will compromise. Like normal people, it may coincide with how much time is spent alone. Once you are used to a certain way of living, it's difficult to adapt to something different.

Having done it myself, I believe many other Male Schizoids out there have put on their own "dating acts" to counter the deceptiveness of women who wear makeup.

I realize it might be hard to tie together certain "seemingly" unrelated things, but I see the connection clearly here. I know that with all of the times I've dated women, it was just an act, nothing more. It was just countering fakery with my own fakery.
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:21 pm

I'll admit, you have more dating experience than me so I will take your word for it. I never looked at makeup that way, although, I have seen some amazing transformations online. I am a bit turned off if I spot excessive use of makeup.

I don't recall ever purposefully exhibitioning myself. Who knows what I look like after too many drinks though. I will admit to some covertness because it's sort of required to have some success in life.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:44 pm

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I'll admit, you have more dating experience than me so I will take your word for it. I never looked at makeup that way, although, I have seen some amazing transformations online. I am a bit turned off if I spot excessive use of makeup.

I don't recall ever purposefully exhibitioning myself. Who knows what I look like after too many drinks though. I will admit to some covertness because it's sort of required to have some success in life.

I'm not trying to speak for all Males with Schizoid Personality Disorder here. Certainly not the milder cases.

My trust issues run pretty deep. I dislike people who seem to be disingenuous. I wish people could just be more brutally honest with each other (in many ways). To me, life is more like a Hollywood movie to me. I'm surrounded by all of this fabricated status/beauty and it's really all fake to me. There's a big emptiness that runs deep out there as a result of all of this marketing/glam/Tom Foolery.

When I go out in the "real" World, I feel like I'm acting.
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby octopustentacles » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:58 pm

*snap* And all this time I thought it was the schizoid part causing problems.

But its really just my lipstick after all. What a relief. Out with ya Fire Engine Red.

Women arent mostly ugly with no make up, btw. I dont agree with that.

Dont make me turn gay. :roll:
octopustentacles
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby I Dream 5 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:39 am

octopustentacles wrote:*snap* And all this time I thought it was the schizoid part causing problems.

But its really just my lipstick after all. What a relief. Out with ya Fire Engine Red.

Women arent mostly ugly with no make up, btw. I dont agree with that.

Dont make me turn gay. :roll:

I'm not trying to speak for all Male Schizoids. But, it is my belief there is a good deal of Males on the severe end of the spectrum who have this kind of Psychological makeup. It can be subconscious or at the conscious level...but I believe this type of thinking is inherent with a certain number of Males with this disorder (on the severe end of spectrum). Like I said before, trust issues can run deep for many. Along with the out-of-this-World fantasy life that many Schizoid lead, it's going to leave many Men on the severe of spectrum (especially) highly critical of a woman's looks and personality.

A Schizoid Man is not an easy catch, by any means. There are numerous built-in defense mechanisms to protect the inner self from being engulfed. It really shouldn't be taken personal by any woman who does try to break through this "barrier."

Anyway, just my theory. We can agree to disagree. It's all open to debate.
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:49 am

I Dream 5 wrote:
iabsurdlyexist wrote:I'll admit, you have more dating experience than me so I will take your word for it. I never looked at makeup that way, although, I have seen some amazing transformations online. I am a bit turned off if I spot excessive use of makeup.

I'm not trying to speak for all Males with Schizoid Personality Disorder here. Certainly not the milder cases.

My trust issues run pretty deep. I dislike people who seem to be disingenuous. I wish people could just be more brutally honest with each other (in many ways). To me, life is more like a Hollywood movie to me. I'm surrounded by all of this fabricated status/beauty and it's really all fake to me. There's a big emptiness that runs deep out there as a result of all of this marketing/glam/Tom Foolery.

When I go out in the "real" World, I feel like I'm acting.

Holy FAQ yeah!!!

What's kind of amazing is how often people around me have done phony/self-serving things, then turned to me (out of a group of people) and started explaining themselves and rationalizing as though I were their confessor.

No clue about my facial expression at such times (default Maximum 'resting beach face'?), but usually I couldn't give a shlt and just wish they'd stfu. Invariably, they have continued on and on. Perhaps this is because I never say anything, knowing that they're full of shlt.

It's usually educated people who pull this kinda stuff XD

If you're gonna be a dlckhead, FAQing stand tall, plant your dlckhead flag and be proud. That I would (kind of) respect. i.e. make like yours truly XD
Cholls
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:51 am

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post