Our partner

Racism and Sexism?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Racism and Sexism?

Postby Ashlar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:51 pm

I am curious how people here feel about these sort of "prejudice" related topics. I do happen to be white and male.

I didn't really know about "race" until it was taught to me in school, and I was completely in agreement with "that shouldn't matter". It wasn't until highschool when other peers suddenly started actually speaking racist things that I realized it was even still in existence with the youth. I've never liked it, never understood it, etc.

Regarding sexism that was more ingrained in my upbringing, but very early on I decided I wasn't going to be a part of that system. I wouldn't care what someone's gender or sexuality was, both were not relevant to me. This has held consistently, though with the way modern conjecture seems to be going I've had conflicts where people discount something I said "just because I'm a man" which is weird to me. And I almost immediately think, "You're just looking for a cop-out because you know you're actually still in the wrong." On that particular adventure.

Are we more likely to not exhibit these traits/features? I feel like the answer is yes, but I have no data.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Racism and Sexism?

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I don't have any thoughts on the subject, just chimed in to say that I do not exhibit these features.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum