Our partner

Is my girlfriend schizoid???

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Re: Is my girlfriend schizoid???

Postby emillionth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

@Tonyfoxxy805: She may or may not be a schizoid or a shape-shifting lizard man or what-have-you. The point is: it doesn't matter. Psychiatric labels aren't meant for random people to just slap them on their partners or exes or whatever to win arguments or to make it easier to ignore your own flaws and mistakes. They're meant for things like clinical treatment, health insurance, legal argument, government benefits and so on.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Tonyfoxxy805 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 pm

emillionth wrote:@Tonyfoxxy805: She may or may not be a schizoid or a shape-shifting lizard man or what-have-you. The point is: it doesn't matter. Psychiatric labels aren't meant for random people to just slap them on their partners or exes or whatever to win arguments or to make it easier to ignore your own flaws and mistakes. They're meant for things like clinical treatment, health insurance, legal argument, government benefits and so on.

My god are u kidding I’m not tryin to label or win arguments I love her and tryin to understand so instead of acting a certain way cuz I think she’s just mean I can understand and give her her space and not be so upset when she does isn’t affectionate
Tonyfoxxy805
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 pm

^You love her? If you think that she's just mean, maybe you could try give her a lobotomy and you could masturbate into her compliant body however you see fit. Oh wait, our society is past that. Just like it's past sticking labels on partners when they don't do exactly what we want.

She's probably sick of having relationships with a demanding infant and turns away from you after sex because your deafening cries make her feel like a pedo.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby emillionth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Tonyfoxxy805 wrote:My god are u kidding I’m not tryin to label

xplain me how u no tryin label?
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:21 am

Ph G?

Ph G?

well, that's credible.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Quoth » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:08 am

Iirc the G notation is an ancient way of denoting either a bachelors or foundation equivalent.

To be honest I sympathise with the guy a little bit, my alma mater likes non-standard notation so you work your ass off to get to get the qualification and then spend the rest of your life explaining what it is. He’s probably had people look sceptically at that more than once.
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape

https://youtu.be/VivuMRzQyw0
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 am

Quoth wrote:Iirc the G notation is an ancient way of denoting either a bachelors or foundation equivalent.

I still don't get it, Quoth.
Does it mean that he has a bachelors degree? in philosophy? or pharmacy?
Or is it an actual doctorate?
I'm sorry but I don't understand what a 'foundation equivalent' means either.
I remember using PhD abd once and got so many questions about it that I never did that again - it seemed a bit pretentious too so that was part of my dropping it as well.
I might have assumed that PhG was similar.
Can you explain so I'll understand, pls.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:57 am

@Tonyfoxxy805,

Yes, I read the article to which you linked. I am a self-diagnosed recovering BPD (and probably several other things), who has been in many serious relationships over the years, and who currently has a friend who is a self-diagnosed schizoid.

In every relationship, "It takes two to tango.". Step back, reflect on the bad encounters you've had with your girlfriend as though the 'you' character in those situations were your worst enemy. Doing so might help you to view those ego-invested events more objectively. Regardless of the behavior of the female in the relationship, how did that male 'worst enemy' character contribute to each and every bad situation? Because he did contribute.

My friend and I went through a bad spell that was largely brought on by my crashing through the underbrush like a rhinoceros bearing a load of assumptions. I behaved towards my friend the way Christian missionaries behave towards 'colored' people--in the most entitled, psychologically aggressive, and self-righteous manner.

Every person is unique and the sovereign of their own realm, and I needed to learn this, and how to treat people--not just my schizoid friend.

Regardless of any labels, diagnoses, and so on, which you would like to apply to your female friend, you first will need to acknowledge and respect the fact that she is the Sovereign of Her Realm, if you would like to build a fulfilling relationship with her (or with any other person or sentient creature for that matter).

It sucks to be humbled but, if you want a quality relationship, you've got to be able to catch your own mistakes first.
Cholls
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Postby Quoth » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:09 am

Eight wrote:
Quoth wrote:Iirc the G notation is an ancient way of denoting either a bachelors or foundation equivalent.

I still don't get it, Quoth.
Does it mean that he has a bachelors degree? in philosophy? or pharmacy?
Or is it an actual doctorate?
I'm sorry but I don't understand what a 'foundation equivalent' means either.
I remember using PhD abd once and got so many questions about it that I never did that again - it seemed a bit pretentious too so that was part of my dropping it as well.
I might have assumed that PhG was similar.
Can you explain so I'll understand, pls.

I came from the physical sciences where we just call everyone by their first name and never really dropped the habit. With random strangers I tend to just lie and tell them I’m a plumber or similar, it’s dishonest but also easier.

I’ve only seen Ph G meaning graduate of pharmacy, but he’s got philosophy graduate written in his blurb at the bottom. Tbh I thought it was an American thing and could well not have an equivalent, the PsyD is a bit like that as I recall.

Foundation degrees were introduced in the uk by the last labour government in their bid to get 50% of the population to go to uni. They’re a mix of academic and vocational training and are viewed as equivalent to the first 2 years of a BSc. In reality they they’re neither one thing or the other and are mostly a means for young people to rack up debt with little to show for it.

Mostly I was thinking about the difficulty non-British institutions have with the DPhil which is the same as a Ph.D but tends to raise some eyebrows. Not to mention the inevitable raised eyebrows and questioning looks of the grad students when they’re given the thesis to help with their first year literature review.
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape

https://youtu.be/VivuMRzQyw0
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies