Our partner

Fired From Another Job

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Fired From Another Job

Postby CityMouse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Day Four, got fired. I think it's because I snuck out to smoke.

This year, I have been fired from about four jobs. I stay in pretty good spirits. After all, I don't want to work in the first place. It's a profound waste of my time. And I much prefer solitude. But I can't help but feel a bit sad about it. I take too many bathroom breaks and smoke breaks I believe. I'm also mentally unstable. I think I have complex PTSD. I haven't seen my bf since Summer 2017 and I was hoping to be able to pay to see him. Or, I wanted to just get on the dole for now, but that takes six months to get a decision.

I'm not driven, I'm not ambitious. I would love nothing more than to live off of $5,000 a year and do writing, reading, and spiritual activities all day.

I hate the hedonic treadmill. When I'm not working, I feel embarrassed. When I get a job at Macy's, I feel embarrassed. When I get a data entry job, I feel embarrassed. When I get a proofreading job, I'm embarrassed. When I was an Editorial Assistant, I was embarrassed. As the president, I'll feel embarrassed because I'm not the Queen of England. So it's all bs. I'll never be good enough for American society. It's just so crappy how worldly and hyper ambitious this country is. And that's why they're not happy.

Can anyone relate? Any tips?
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fired From Another Job

Postby innerpeacelover » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:55 am

Sorry to hear that,citymouse...but i wouldn't get too worried about the fact you got fired..this world is so much based on control,best you can do is try a job where you can do your own thing without rules or constant pressure from the work management...just find a solution..
say homework like transcribing,proofreading,data entry..perhaps not easy,but try anyway...if you think it's all about your pstd condition whatso ever..do not feel guilty or sad about it,you'll get something else..what your bf is concerned there will be a solution coming on,you got internet and the fact you can e mail etc...he's not running away,neither are you,is it?if you both love eachother then he'll definitely accept the fact of you getting fired etc...he will give support..and never judge..the dole would be an excellent solution..I don't have any idea how much dollars it is payed,but if you say you live a simple life then it's not such a big issue for you..this world is a bit too much based on consumption society rules and regulations,don't get embarrassed about anything..stay yourself and don't feel to sad or upset,life is a struggle perhaps,but consider yourself a fighter.. :D
innerpeacelover
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am

Postby CityMouse » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm

I just remembered that I have a side business! It involves organizing computer files for my neighbor. I don't have to leave the house and I don't have to interact with anyone but her. It pays peanuts, maybe $13 an hour. But I save $150 a week on the commute and lunch.

Should I just stick to that and forget about job hunting?
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:24 am

Postby innerpeacelover » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Go for it,but also do job hunting on the side..maybe you can tap a nice homework job on your fingers like transcribing...you never know...and since you will work from home==you'll work at your own pace with breaks decided by yourself,no silly workforce rules/regulations...good luck for you and keep us updated,citymouse..
innerpeacelover
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am

Postby Floaty73 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Who knows, perhaps you can extend your side business to more clients.
I'm interested to hear you've been a proof-reader and an editorial assistant! They're my jobs! Working from home 8)
Do you live anywhere near a university? Maybe researchers are looking for transcribers, proof-readers...
Or how about temp work doing data entry etc? Are there opportunities for that near you?
Good luck.
Floaty73
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 am

Postby CityMouse » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 am

How did you get your job?
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6