Our partner

Indifference To Criticism

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Indifference To Criticism

Postby CityMouse » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:05 pm

All that criticism I get, especially from the daydream characters, has worked to my advantage, as I'm now desensitized to it. Now very little phases me, short of big things like theft or sabotage.

Instead of whining and complaining, feeling hurt, being angry, etc. I just get confused: if the person thinks I'm such a worthless piece of crap, why do they want to hang out with me? Because deep down they respect me and don't actually think I'm a worthless piece of crap, unless they're somehow doing me some huge favor. :roll: If I take such issue with someone, I wouldn't hang out with them. :roll:
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Indifference To Criticism

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 pm

I've wondered if there is a transitional stage between Avoidant and Schizoid. Whether it could happen simultaneously or whether it gets drawn out. What steps would an Avoidant take not to succumb to Schizoidness?

I feel the push pull of both and it really doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the fact that I am conscious of it means that I am still at the threshold. Maybe that's where my identity issues lie.

However, I don't ever remember going through the stage of people disliking me. For me, it has always been lacking the ability to connect, the emptiness of that. It didn't really bother me. If I felt inferior, it was just not being able to "get it". I suppose I also project myself smaller but I think that's a different issue.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Postby poshlost » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm

iabsurdlyexist wrote:However, I don't ever remember going through the stage of people disliking me. For me, it has always been lacking the ability to connect, the emptiness of that. It didn't really bother me. If I felt inferior, it was just not being able to "get it".

This was my experience as well.
poshlost
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Postby WhyAreYouReadingThis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I am not indifferent to criticism.
I am actually very, very sensitive to it.
I have even beat a person for doing it.
Stop reading this.
Seriously.
WhyAreYouReadingThis
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 am

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views