Our partner

Lack Of Emotion

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Lack Of Emotion

Postby CityMouse » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:59 am

I feel negative emotions at times like anger, fear, and sadness. But I don't feel the need to "do" anything about it. I just realize it's natural, we're animals. And I just wait it out.

People have often gotten deeply frustrated with me for not getting angry and emotional. My ex best friend said, "I think you're too carefree. I think that makes you primitive! You need to fight for a cause!!" Real mature. :roll:

People sometimes mask it as trying to help me and advising me on "what's best for me." Well I see straight through it. Misery thrives on company.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lack Of Emotion

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:40 am

My mother-in-law used to say I needed a firecracker under my ass to get any rise out of me and that was back when I was 16. I take pride in my unemotionality. While it may frustrate some who are too emotional, it's also the calm they need at times. My psychologist says it's good that I play that role for my children. Of course, there are the apparent drawbacks but I don't think I want it any other way.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post