Our partner

Silence?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Silence?

Postby CityMouse » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:09 am

Talking just gets me in trouble. Can be like 90% silent?
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Play Dumb? Chameleon?

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 am

I think there is a middle ground. Know when to do it when others aren't around to ask questions.

What do you think about? I think about the emptiness that I see at the back of my eyelids. Sometimes, there are cool patterns.

Did I just time travel? This is not the thread I commented on. :)
Dx: SzPD/AvPD/Bipolar2 Considering: ASD/Schizoaffective
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: Silence?

Postby Autumn218 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 am

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I think there is a middle ground. Know when to do it when others aren't around to ask questions.

What do you think about? I think about the emptiness that I see at the back of my eyelids. Sometimes, there are cool patterns.

Did I just time travel? This is not the thread I commented on. :)

:lol:
i wonder what was the question to this answer because now it seems so awesomly funny.

i have thought of this too.it doesn't get me in trouble but i often think i want to stop talking a lot and just nod and be zen and unaffected emotionally and be mysterious and apathetic of not giving a $#%^. but then i talk too much again.
and there was a time that i was too shy and couldn't talk and now i don't want to talk
Autumn218
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Something to do about getting asked questions about their meditating. I assume it was being done in open places? I thought meditation was an individual thing in your off time. During DBT, I asked my therapist about that specifically. Basically, at work, when I want to zone out, I just can? Apparently, that's not ideal. I rarely have intrusive thoughts otherwise so off time meditation is fairly worthless to me.

As for silence, I am fairly silent most of the time when others are talking. I think I usually just make up stories in my head related to what they are talking about. Of course, my mind also likes to wander off topic. I don't relate well to most conversations nor do I care about most topics. At least it looks like I am making the effort to be social. That's worth something.
Dx: SzPD/AvPD/Bipolar2 Considering: ASD/Schizoaffective
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ashlar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:13 pm

I bought a couple echos and it doubled the amount of verbal communication I do. I ask them what time it is, to turn on the lights, tv, play an audiobook, etc.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby naps » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I talk dirty to Alexa and she gives me the silent treatment.

CityMouse wrote:Talking just gets me in trouble.

How?

Can be like 90% silent?

Why not? As long as you don't remain silent when it's not in your best interest, for example when you're next in line and they say "whose next?" or when you're on fire.
Be nice.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Postby Autumn218 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 pm

I hate silent treatment it makes me hate the other and burn bridges.
Sometimes i feel supressed and angry when i can't talk but at the same time it feels like i am too exposed and lose in mystery if i do talk.
Autumn218
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Postby Holodeck » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:02 pm

I figure as long as it isn't being rude to people it's not as big a deal. I get selective mutism when I'm stressed. It's extremely hard for me to talk at all let alone whether I need to or not. I hermit a bunch during those times if I can.

When I'm not like that I can get along socially with people easily. Granted I don't do well with people who view neutral expression as rude or threatening. It's astounding to me how many people get openly offended about not smiling. I once had a person tell me to smile when I was rushing out of a store at 6:30 in the morning. Seriously?! I would assume someone was a raving lunatic if they were taking off bolting after shopping that early with a big grin.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Postby CityMouse » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm

^^Yeah lol.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CityMouse » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:32 am

naps wrote:I talk dirty to Alexa and she gives me the silent treatment.

CityMouse wrote:Talking just gets me in trouble.

How?

People are never happy with me because I'm not exactly like what they want me to be. For example, because I don't get angry, people get angry with me with for not getting angry. Times when I did get angry (because I foolishly thought they were trying to help me learn to stand up or myself), they got even more angry and one even called me an angry b*tch.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post