Our partner

Disappearing co-worker

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Disappearing co-worker

Postby Parador » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:57 pm

****POOF****

I was super busy dealing with a malfunctioning instrument when someone on their computer said to me that the guy had been placed on leave. No explanation. Just that he was out indefinitely and that his boss and a co-worker would be covering for him. I messaged him on facebook, but got no reply. I think I should look up his phone and call.

My first thought is that it's sexual harassment complaint against him. He has had several in the past. But some are probably bogus. There is one woman who is a false accuser. He got in trouble over her and had his desk moved to a corner years ago. I saw one incident where SHE started the horseplay by pushing him - and he stupidly started pushing back. I just left the room. But that was 5 years ago.

He just took the sexual harassment training too. Everyone has to take it now. He was talking about retiring at the end of the year anyway. Maybe he wanted to start early on retirement?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
User avatar
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:54 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby naps » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:13 pm

I know I might be stepping onto a pile of $#%^ by saying this, but I see the #metoo movement as an out of control firehose, flailing around uncontrollably and gushing water like an overly stimulated penis.

There was probably a better way of saying that, but editing is censorship, so I'll let it stand. Besides, I like the imagery.

I've been sexually harassed myself, and I can understand how damaging it can be. It's an insulting and threatening affront to your value as a person. And it can instill a kind of fear that surpasses the concept of harassment and falls somewhere between being forced to feel unwarranted shame and being chased down the street by a man with a precocious libido and a hunting knife.

That said, there is a huge difference between grabbing a co-worker's breast while insisting they secretly like it and saying "Hey, nice shirt" simply because it says Aruba on it and you've been there too and had a really good time.

The problem I see with #metoo is that it was born on social media, where everybody wants to be a part of things while retaining the illusion of being special or unique. The title itself is what's most troubling to me; "Me too": as in "I want to be part of this!". We've all heard of people who choose a vacation destination or order an expensive gourmet meal just so they can pontificate about it social media. I wonder how many men have been falsely accused by women who think "Was what he did harassment? I'm not sure. But I want attention, so I'll say it was."

It is an excellent platform in which to begin cleansing the damage and pain sexual harassment can cause, but it also has the potential for abuse, especially in the deceptively and hypocritically puritanical culture of America.

Still, if you co-worker has had several harassment complaints against him, and if as little as one of them are valid, then he needs to pay the price. If my neighbor's dog bit me, I would probably never trust that dog again, and with good reason.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 7489
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby Dazz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 am

#metoo is a political agenda for women to get even more power and social status, similar to feminism in general, being a supposed victim is a great thing in modern degenerate culture so people (especially women) seek social acceptance by labeling themselves as such. Its also a way for women to deny reality of sexuality and gender (as feminism has done at least since 2nd wave...plus academia has "protected" young people from reality and been concerned only of filling their heads with pc dogma, thus created generations of weak broken people), and to deny responsibility for themselves and their actions e.g. so many of these actresses chose to do sexual favours in exchange for benefits of roles, they regret (props have self loathing) being literal whores but of course they can't accept own fault, so blame is passed on.

Though op's post made me think of a story/movie scenario where all the men accused of sexual harassment are kidnapped and put somewhere...idk if a "Dangerous Game" scenario or an "Atlas Shrugged" one.
Image
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby naps » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Dazz wrote:#metoo is a political agenda for women to get even more power and social status, similar to feminism in general, being a supposed victim is a great thing in modern degenerate culture so people (especially women) seek social acceptance by labeling themselves as such. Its also a way for women to deny reality of sexuality and gender (as feminism has done at least since 2nd wave...plus academia has "protected" young people from reality and been concerned only of filling their heads with pc dogma, thus created generations of weak broken people), and to deny responsibility for themselves and their actions e.g. so many of these actresses chose to do sexual favours in exchange for benefits of roles, they regret (props have self loathing) being literal whores but of course they can't accept own fault, so blame is passed on.


I'm not touching that.

Though op's post made me think of a story/movie scenario where all the men accused of sexual harassment are kidnapped and put somewhere...idk if a "Dangerous Game" scenario or an "Atlas Shrugged" one.


That's a ripe idea. Or maybe a woman gains political power and criminalizes all males. Maybe she was abused by her dad as a child and never dealt with it.

Better yet, someone could (somehow) make a literal film adaption of Valerie Solanis' S.C.U.M. Manifesto.

Louis Malle's "Black Moon" opens with what appears to be an all-out war between men and women. It's a good idea that could sustain a whole film.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 7489
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby naps » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:44 pm

naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 7489
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Some movements go too far but if the conversation was needed then it's done some good. There are some things that you wouldn't think need the conversation but these things keep cropping up. I still think that if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
User avatar
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 4:07 am
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby anathegram » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:25 am

naps wrote:That said, there is a huge difference between grabbing a co-worker's breast while insisting they secretly like it and saying "Hey, nice shirt" simply because it says Aruba on it and you've been there too and had a really good time.

counterpoint: anyone who goes around giving unsolicited compliments deserves whatever happens to them
anathegram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 am
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby naps » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:54 am

anathegram wrote:
naps wrote:That said, there is a huge difference between grabbing a co-worker's breast while insisting they secretly like it and saying "Hey, nice shirt" simply because it says Aruba on it and you've been there too and had a really good time.

counterpoint: anyone who goes around giving unsolicited compliments deserves whatever happens to them


I like your post count.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 7489
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby Dazz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

naps wrote:Better yet, someone could (somehow) make a literal film adaption of Valerie Solanis' S.C.U.M. Manifesto.

Interesting thing to think about, upon first seeing this post I picture a kinda Dusan Makavejev's "WR: Mysteries of the Organism" type thing...lol I'm gonna add this to my development list in my head.

Image
Image
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Disappearing co-worker

Postby smirks » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:14 pm

When I originally read this post, my honest first thought was "why do you even care about this guy?", but then I wanted to wait for the predictable "war of the sexes", so I could get a good laugh first.

How inappropriate do you have to be to have SEVERAL sexual harrassment claims filed against you? I mean, unless you think it's totally logical that there are just packs of women who get together to frame and orchestrate the career downfalls of innocent, but stupid men who can't help themselves. If that's the case, you might want to check your logic board.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 am
Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 31 guests