Our partner

What do you love about life?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

What do you love about life?

Postby N1ghty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 am

We need more positive topic so let's start.

I love reading sf/fantasy novels, learning foreign languages, long night walks, empty streets, forest, watching the rain, storms, amphibians and the moon, listening to miscellaneous foreign darkwave music on Soundclound, vaping and my morning cup of coffee.
N1ghty
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What do you love about life?

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 am

I can definitely get behind rain and storms. I'm a morning person so I like the quiet but also the singing birds. Now that I have a garden, I'd say obsessing but that looks like love. A good drink but I think I have exhausted a lot of options. People are interesting.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 am

Postby orinoco » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

That I don't have to worry about its meaning, as there is none. Everything is ultimately random, so ultimately there is no objective reason/cause behind anything. Therefore I can freely choose the meaning of my life, including none.
orinoco
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Postby nis » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Video games, food, tv/movies. That's about it.
nis
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am

Postby emillionth » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 am

That it used to suck by default and now it doesn't. I don't have much to worry about, and there aren't things I need to figure out anymore. Routine doesn't seem dreadful as it used to. Sometimes I feel tired, but I'm almost never bored anymore. So, basically, I guess what I like about life is that it's surprisingly feasible. :)

What I love about it varies a lot. Most of the time there's nothing. On the other hand, I really like it that it just doesn't matter -- by design. Because I won't be making any major decisions based on what I love or don't love. So it's okay if one day it's nothing and then the other day it's, I don't know, bad puns or something.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby N1ghty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:12 am

I recently found this cool small park on the edge part of the town behind some old apartment buildings. Usually it's quite remote so I go there late in the evening and listen to the music and smoke. There's not much light pollution there so you can see the stars more clearly. I love the serenity of emptiness I can achieve there.

I love that kinds of hidden gaps in space and time where and when you can just not be, not think or feel anything. It's the ultimate freedom that bring me much satisfaction.
N1ghty
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby StickyFingers » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 pm

What I love about life.. Sociology, Politics, Economy, Philosophy, Music, Alcool, Coffee. That's about it,

I love the nights when there's no sounds, nobody around me, when there's a little wind. I love those lonely moments. I think about how the world function. I try to figure out what my goals are. Do I have some? How should I live? Am I normal to prefer lonelyness? Do I love? And why?

I can ask myself a thousands of questions per day, and I love it. Today I swimmed in my pool, I was alone. It was a hot, sunny day. I was just appreciating the moment. No one to disturb me with some useless things...

I try to write some poesy, but i'm not very good at it :p
StickyFingers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am

Postby deselnc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Learning new things. I don't care if it's somethign stupid or important, but knowledge fulfills me.
deselnc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Postby EmpathySucks » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 pm

You.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Postby CityMouse » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 pm

There are few things I love, but one of them is the fact that I love few things a la possession/lifestyle minimalism. I do and keep few things. "If you seek tranquility do less, do what's essential" -Marcus Aurelius, Stoic. I love thinking/smokes, coffee/Internet, my journal, relaxing, solitude, silence. My life isn't perfect and it's ridiculous to think that it will ever be perfect (homeostasis stuff) but perfect is the enemy of good and a simple life is a good one.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post