Our partner

I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Antisocial or schizoid?

Antisocial
3
100%
Schizoid
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 3

I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby what4 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 am

for a few years i believed that i was sociopathic or antisocial because of my lack of regard for the well being of others, i somewhat recently discovered what schizoids actually are, and i can very well relate to each personality disorder

i believed i was antisocial because i couldnt form relationships with anyone for any reason other than it would benefit me, I lie and I manipulate and i get what i want, I have a complete new person that i wear as a facade when im with my parents, with certain people, at work, therapists and psychologists, there is no behind the scenes with me, all i have is the face i put on. I can manipulate anyone, I am yet to fail with anything that counts, and i dont care how it affects them so long as they are not in a position to expose me to my future "victims"

the reason that i also dont believe i am sociopathic is because i feel emotions, the essentials atleast, i crave to have a partner that is the same as me, i fantasize about meeting a girl and manipulating the world with her, letting her get a guy drunk and go home with him so that she can steal his cash and whatever goods then her coming back showing me and telling me about what she did. that being said, i have desire for love, which is foreign to sociopaths

so what would you say, am i just a well functioning schizoid that is extremely manipulative? or am i just a petty version of a sociopath? or something completely different?
responses from antisocials and schizoids are whats desired, but outside opinions are welcome
ask any questions if you have them
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 am
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sat May 12, 2018 11:34 am

A sociopath does have empathy, it's just limited. A psychopath has none. With that being said, you are most likely somewhere on the antisocial spectrum based on your statements. Could you also be schizoid? Sure. A professional diagnosis is the best way to find out.
User avatar
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 4:07 am
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby naps » Sat May 12, 2018 12:55 pm

what4 wrote:ask any questions if you have them


Why did you bother to do a poll if there's only two options?
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 6460
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby Holodeck » Sat May 12, 2018 1:02 pm

If you're looking for a diagnosis, we can't offer it here. Not only is it against the rules but asking a forum is basically like taking an online quiz while choosing to believe that the answers truly are from experts.

If you really want to know what's going on in your head, then you'll want to actually book time with a professional.

naps wrote:
Why did you bother to do a poll if there's only two options?


Good question. After all, there are many of similar traits among many PD's and other mental health issues. Many can be comorbid as well.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 pm
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby what4 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Holodeck wrote:If you're looking for a diagnosis, we can't offer it here. Not only is it against the rules but asking a forum is basically like taking an online quiz while choosing to believe that the answers truly are from experts.

If you really want to know what's going on in your head, then you'll want to actually book time with a professional.


I figured i was relatively obvious, but ill spell it out for you, i do not expect nor desire answers from experts, i expect answers from schizoids, hense my posting in a schizoid forum
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 am
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby what4 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:57 pm

naps wrote:
what4 wrote:ask any questions if you have them


Why did you bother to do a poll if there's only two options?


essentialy to get as many straight forward answers as possible, instead of being told to seek professional advice, ill actually get more of what i came for which is if schizoids think im antisocial or a fellow schizoid, having the option to give their opinion at the click of a button is easier for them, and only having option a and b is easier for me
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 am
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby Holodeck » Sat May 12, 2018 2:09 pm

what4 wrote:I figured i was relatively obvious, but ill spell it out for you, i do not expect nor desire answers from experts, i expect answers from schizoids, hense my posting in a schizoid forum


And I thought it was obvious that the majority of schizoids don't even bother seeking professional help so they could very well be something else entirely and not know it.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 pm
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sat May 12, 2018 2:13 pm

so, i guess that as the mod that approved this thread, maybe i fluffed it a little bit. however, we get lots of these kinds of questions in AS. i've never had a problem with people offering their opinions, especially if they're coming from an experiential basis, including me. and, i guess the thing that swung it for me is that you say you believe you have schizoid PD.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:36 pm
Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby what4 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:18 pm

shock_the_monkey wrote:so, i guess that as the mod that approved this thread, maybe i fluffed it a little bit. however, we get lots of these kinds of questions in AS. i've never had a problem with people offering their opinions, especially if they're coming from an experiential basis, including me. and, i guess the thing that swung it for me is that you say you believe you have schizoid PD.


whats the point?
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 am
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby Holodeck » Sat May 12, 2018 2:28 pm

shock_the_monkey wrote:i've never had a problem with people offering their opinions, especially if they're coming from an experiential basis, including me.


Agreed about opinions being alright. @what4 Sorry if I came off a bit snappy. It's been a theme I've noticed for quite a while that these threads always seem to lead to a dead end of either you believe you are or not.

what4 wrote:whats the point?


In having the forums? The reason many come here is to compare, contrast, and journal how we are as well as of course connecting with like-minded individuals (or merely pass time when bored.)
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 pm
Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests