Our partner

I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Antisocial or schizoid?

Antisocial
100%
Schizoid
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm

I still think I have SPD but my theory is an ASD baseline. I can't remember the last time I could be offended. I've studied humans so long, I realized it's pointless. If people don't care to educate themselves, so be it. This world is absurd.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby emillionth » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

I've been diagnosed with a bunch of different things by a bunch of different people. I know the ADHD meds are helpful. Beyond that, it feels like it's all just different ways to say that I'm weird. It doesn't really make a difference which one it "really" is.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 am

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed May 16, 2018 7:46 pm

I agree that it won't change who I am in some regards. I think the question I am asking myself is what makes sense. Am I not trying hard enough or is this just who I am?

In theory, a personality disorder has the potential to be resolved or at least accounted for if the person is aware of it and aware of how it happened. I think there is a difference in coping for something that just is vs something that is nurtured (negatively). I know, I tend to bring up the nature vs nurture topic a lot.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby emillionth » Wed May 16, 2018 8:14 pm

In my case, I've been fully convinced for a long time that the "nature" part of it is very significant. I feel like the "nurture" parts that could be resolved have been mostly resolved by now.

But if that's not you're case, then yeah, I see what you mean.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 am

Postby Eight » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Holodeck wrote:I agree though that the regulars of the forum didn't really do anything. I doubt many with ASD were terribly offended by anything in here,

They did do something though. They interacted with the OP, and did that very well. I'm always interested in seeing people with SPD who handle others well beyond what you'd imagine they'd either be capable of, or interested in, doing. This thread had examples of that, and it was impressive for that reason.

however, I didn't want to have anyone adding gas to op's fire either.

yes, I can see that. I think a few, including me, were tempted though...
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 pm

emillionth wrote:In my case, I've been fully convinced for a long time that the "nature" part of it is very significant. I feel like the "nurture" parts that could be resolved have been mostly resolved by now.

But if that's not you're case, then yeah, I see what you mean.

Of course, circumstances make a big difference. I'm 38 and didn't have any health support prior to joining the Air Force at 18. Life has taught me to just suck it up until I couldn't. There was divorce, moving and something fairly negative around the age 4-6 but I don't know what exactly happened. My state of mind has always been fairly naive/childlike, just going with the flow of life. There has been the depression/anxiety but I just thought that was normal, I didn't know any different.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post