Our partner

I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Antisocial or schizoid?

Antisocial
100%
Schizoid
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 7:06 am

Oh boy... I didn't mean to be mean. I didn't think you would actually take it seriously...

Do you... by any chance have trouble with sarcasm and metaphors and other types of nonliteral language?..

(Don't worry mods, I won't go much further into this line of questioning. I'm just genuinely curious.)
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 am

emillionth wrote:Oh boy... I didn't mean to be mean. I didn't think you would actually take it seriously...

Do you... by any chance have trouble with sarcasm and metaphors and other types of nonliteral language?..

(Don't worry mods, I won't go much further into this line of questioning. I'm just genuinely curious.)

relatively yes, i mainly rely on peoples facial expressions and possible laughter to let me know if something that confused me was actually sarcasm, i tend to pick up on the obvious ones but its not uncommon for me to believe sarcasm, especially over literature
but not necessarily metaphors as far as i know
but i also must ask, why is questioning like this prohibited?

-- Sat May 12, 2018 11:26 pm --

And not to mention, im ridiculously drunk at the moment
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 8:07 am

what4 wrote:relatively yes, i mainly rely on peoples facial expressions and possible laughter to let me know if something that confused me was actually sarcasm, i tend to pick up on the obvious ones but its not uncommon for me to believe sarcasm, especially over literature
but not necessarily metaphors as far as i know

That actually explains a lot. (Not being sarcastic right now, by the way.)

My advice: stop telling yourself that you act the you act or that you think the way you think because you're outsmarting anyone. That's a bad habit, and it almost certainly doesn't reflect the reality.

but i also must ask, why is questioning like this prohibited?

Because difficulty with nonliteral language is a telltale sign of one particular type of condition (spoiler alert: it's not a personality disorder), so it's almost like I'm "diagnosing" you by asking you that question.

On a completely unrelated note: are you familiar with autism/Asperger's?
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby anathegram » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am

what4 wrote:i even make an effort to manipulate without the person knowing that they were ever manipulated, i do not do this because i care about them, simply because it could backlash at me. of course every while some person will know that they were manipulated and attempt to spread rumors of it, this is easy to counter. for example, a short while ago, me and this girl had a thing, we would occasionally have sex, and when it started, she was dating someone else, she swiftly broke up with him in hopes that i would date her, now the only reason i was even around her was because she was close friends with someone i that i knew sold pills and when i found out they hung out alot, i obviously hung out with her just to establish a friendship with her pill popper friend and begin my manipulation, this process of manipulation was taking too long, about 3 weeks until it was established meanwhile me and my friend are having sex relatively frequently and she started falling for me and she left her boyfriend in hopes that id date her around this time, but i was done with her so i didnt do anything too rash but i gave her the cold shoulder everytime she made any advancement towards me, this was somehow enough for her to know i had used her to get to the pill popper. i was later confronted by the pill popper with the accusations

paging Mssrs. Dunning and Kruger
anathegram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 pm

emillionth wrote:On a completely unrelated note: are you familiar with autism/Asperger's?

yes, i actually read a fare amount on aspergers, and while i do have some trouble with sarcasm, i dont believe that its relavent enough for me to classify with aspergers, and not to mention, i dont fit many of the other symptoms either, im not clumsy, ive even been told that im quick on my feet and whatforth, im aware of other peoples emotions for the most part, even if theyre not expressing them, so long as ive known the person for a little while, and same goes with sarcasm, i can identify it if i know the person
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Yeah, Asperger's is for suckers, right?
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:12 pm

emillionth wrote:Yeah, Asperger's is for suckers, right?

i wouldnt say suckers but maybe losers, they seem to not know the social necessities to survive, which makes them lose
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Well, best of luck. Just make sure you let us know in case you happen to manipulate your way into a Darwin Award, okay?
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:20 pm

emillionth wrote:Well, best of luck. Just make sure you let us know in case you happen to manipulate your way into a Darwin Award, okay?

psh, im going for the medal of honor
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby naps » Sun May 13, 2018 7:00 pm

what4 wrote:
emillionth wrote:Yeah, Asperger's is for suckers, right?

i wouldnt say suckers but maybe losers, they seem to not know the social necessities to survive, which makes them lose

Actually it's the other way around. Being detached or clumsy is what causes Asperger's, and in most cases, SPD develops into Aspergers, so be careful about what you choose to label yourself with while Personality Disorder shopping.

Have you looked into character flaws? They're much more clearly defined than PD's. Lot's to choose from. There's Arrogant Asshole Syndrome, Blithely Ignorant Twat Complex, Pompous Prick Disorder and Republican, just to name a few. Not saying you fall into any of these categories, but it's best to keep an open mind until you've determined exactly what's wrong with you, and once you do, don't forget to have it confirmed by strangers on the internet. Good luck!
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post