Our partner

I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Antisocial or schizoid?

Antisocial
100%
Schizoid
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: I believe that I am a schizoid, but whats your take?

Postby EmpathySucks » Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Don't be like that naps, people are gonna know why I aim my elbow at them.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby naps » Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 pm

EmpathySucks wrote:Don't be like that naps, people are gonna know why I aim my elbow at them.

I think that's against forum rules.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 am

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Sun May 13, 2018 1:17 am

I still don't understand how anyone who reads the criteria thinks a Schizoid wants to interact with people in any way. It's really a lot of effort.

However, I saw this thread on page three and now I don't know if I know my ass from my elbow.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 am

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:46 am

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I still don't understand how anyone who reads the criteria thinks a Schizoid wants to interact with people in any way. It's really a lot of effort.

but its human nature to want stuff, food, water, money, if you have a reliable method of gaining something you want but it includes social interaction, why not?
in the end of a sucessful manipulation or whatever, it boosts your confidence of both manipulation and ability to socially interact, so after a while, the effort that was once required is no longer relavent
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 pm

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 5:00 am

what4 wrote:but its human nature to want stuff, food, water, money, if you have a reliable method of gaining something you want but it includes social interaction, why not?

Because it defeats the purpose.

"It's human nature, why would you go against it?" Well that's a good question, and the answer will be complicated and different from person to person. But... it's in the freaking definition. Why do you even say that you relate to it, when you clearly don't? What even brought you here, after all? I don't think I'm the only one who's puzzled.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:51 am

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 am

emillionth wrote:
what4 wrote:I ask because i want to see what schizoids think, or if anyone who reads the thread knows of another term or disorder that i might relate to

That's like saying "I drink because it's a liquid".

So why are you ingesting it?

its like a second nature to me, if i didnt put on a face then i wouldnt be able to make people like me and therefore not be able to get whatever it is that i wanted from them. i feel like its a survival instinct of sorts, whenever confronted with any social interaction i begin with a basic mirroring, im able to show traits of the person within myself, i.e. bodylanguage, facial expressions, tone of voice, and mindset. this happens without thought, atleast most the time. then i proceed with whatever strategy i deem appropriate if i see potential gain from the person, otherwise i just keep the mirror.

That's all in your head. There's nothing in there about the way you behave or the way you actually treat other people.

Imagine if a computer asked you to determine if/how it's malfunctioning, based exclusively on its own description of the zeroes and ones that go through its processor.

i treat other people fine, for the most part.
i dont intentionally go around emotionally or physically abusing people, i enjoy playing with people but i hardly ever intend to hurt them, while their well being is none of my concern, itd be dumb of me to make that sort of reputation for myself.
i even make an effort to manipulate without the person knowing that they were ever manipulated, i do not do this because i care about them, simply because it could backlash at me. of course every while some person will know that they were manipulated and attempt to spread rumors of it, this is easy to counter. for example, a short while ago, me and this girl had a thing, we would occasionally have sex, and when it started, she was dating someone else, she swiftly broke up with him in hopes that i would date her, now the only reason i was even around her was because she was close friends with someone i that i knew sold pills and when i found out they hung out alot, i obviously hung out with her just to establish a friendship with her pill popper friend and begin my manipulation, this process of manipulation was taking too long, about 3 weeks until it was established meanwhile me and my friend are having sex relatively frequently and she started falling for me and she left her boyfriend in hopes that id date her around this time, but i was done with her so i didnt do anything too rash but i gave her the cold shoulder everytime she made any advancement towards me, this was somehow enough for her to know i had used her to get to the pill popper. i was later confronted by the pill popper with the accusations, and i simply explained that the friend was upset about her leaving her boyfriend for me just to find out that i didnt want her, and was trying to get back at me by seperating us (i had made the pill popper think me and him were close friends at this point) and this ended their friendship that lasted over two years
so, moral of the story is that i never intended to hurt anyone, but someone tried to hurt me and i reacted with self defense, obviously i threw the first metaphorical punch, but the witnesses saw me being hit first, and thats all that really matters

-- Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 pm --

emillionth wrote:
what4 wrote:but its human nature to want stuff, food, water, money, if you have a reliable method of gaining something you want but it includes social interaction, why not?

Because it defeats the purpose.

"It's human nature, why would you go against it?" Well that's a good question, and the answer will be complicated and different from person to person. But... it's in the freaking definition. Why do you even say that you relate to it, when you clearly don't? What even brought you here, after all? I don't think I'm the only one who's puzzled.

i could ask you the same, you dont seem to enjoy this thread in any fashion
but to answer your question for the second time, one could say that i am curious, but i would say that im intreged by the fact that i seem to be relatively unknown from a psychology standpoint, either that or im a vast mixture of one or two symptoms from many different illnesses or disorders, or i simply havent found/heard of what i psychologically classify as, which brings me here to see if a schizoid may be it/me
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 5:41 am

what4 wrote:i treat other people fine, for the most part.
i dont intentionally go around emotionally or physically abusing people, i enjoy playing with people but i hardly ever intend to hurt them, while their well being is none of my concern, itd be dumb of me to make that sort of reputation for myself.
i even make an effort to manipulate without the person knowing that they were ever manipulated, i do not do this because i care about them, simply because it could backlash at me. of course every while some person will know that they were manipulated and attempt to spread rumors of it, this is easy to counter. for example, a short while ago, me and this girl had a thing, we would occasionally have sex, and when it started, she was dating someone else, she swiftly broke up with him in hopes that i would date her, now the only reason i was even around her was because she was close friends with someone i that i knew sold pills and when i found out they hung out alot, i obviously hung out with her just to establish a friendship with her pill popper friend and begin my manipulation, this process of manipulation was taking too long, about 3 weeks until it was established meanwhile me and my friend are having sex relatively frequently and she started falling for me and she left her boyfriend in hopes that id date her around this time, but i was done with her so i didnt do anything too rash but i gave her the cold shoulder everytime she made any advancement towards me, this was somehow enough for her to know i had used her to get to the pill popper. i was later confronted by the pill popper with the accusations, and i simply explained that the friend was upset about her leaving her boyfriend for me just to find out that i didnt want her, and was trying to get back at me by seperating us (i had made the pill popper think me and him were close friends at this point) and this ended their friendship that lasted over two years
so, moral of the story is that i never intended to hurt anyone, but someone tried to hurt me and i reacted with self defense, obviously i threw the first metaphorical punch, but the witnesses saw me being hit first, and thats all that really matters

That sounds like regular gossip material to me.

Let's take a step back... Why do you assume that you have a personality disorder? I'm not saying you don't. I can't know that. But you don't seem to know enough to know it either, and you don't seem to question it.

From the little you have told us here so far, it doesn't sound to me like you have any personality disorder in particular (or in general, for that matter).

i could ask you the same, you dont seem to enjoy this thread in any fashion

It's not my favorite thread of all time, sure. I wouldn't say that I don't enjoy it in any fashion though. :)

but to answer your question for the second time, one could say that i am curious, but i would say that im intreged by the fact that i seem to be relatively unknown from a psychology standpoint, either that or im a vast mixture of one or two symptoms from many different illnesses or disorders, or i simply havent found/heard of what i psychologically classify as, which brings me here to see if a schizoid may be it/me

Do you by any chance have a desire to be unique and/or special?
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 am

emillionth wrote:That sounds like regular gossip material to me.

Let's take a step back... Why do you assume that you have a personality disorder? I'm not saying you don't. I can't know that. But you don't seem to know enough to know it either, and you don't seem to question it.

From the little you have told us here so far, it doesn't sound to me like you have any personality disorder in particular (or in general, for that matter).

Do you by any chance have a desire to be unique and/or special?

i figured itd sound somewhat mainstream, but due to the fact that im new to this forum, i dont know the rules on admition of cruel behavior, but was mainly the fact that i dont know if a crazy might see this and think theyd be saving lives to expose me to the people who know me, so i kept the example in my last post passive

im purely guessing, i looked into ASPD and determined that it didnt quite fit me, so i looked elsewhere and with no significant conclusions i came back to PD's and found schizoid, i read the bs that Wikipedia had to offer and thought ill see if theres a forum and ask on there, so here i am

while i see why you would ask given my previous statements, i dont, i feel no need/desire to be different from society, i only desire to find a partner with the same mentality, but with that being said, id much rather be in my shoes than the shoes of the people whom i take advantage of

the reason for the time gap is because i posted a response and it malfunctioned and double posted so i deleted one, not knowing that itd delete the other too

-- Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 pm --

oh and the title of this thread was basically click bait, i dont believe that im a schizoid but i figured itd sound better than "i think i may be a schizoid" and adding "whats your take" to make people think that their opinion is of significance
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby emillionth » Sun May 13, 2018 6:51 am

That's some shrewd forward thinking right there.
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby what4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 am

emillionth wrote:That's some shrewd forward thinking right there.

i tend to be very analystic of myself, not so much to consider myself paranoid, just simply thinking through my activities
what4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post