Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 am

Ya hing, ya bing, ya ding, ding, dong
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:07 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 am

Do you own a motel?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:07 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HSS » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 am

Last edited by HSS on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Humor is reason gone mad."

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
HSS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 am

Tyler wrote:Ya hing, ya bing, ya ding, ding, dong

Why did you remove your post?
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
Tyler wrote:Ya hing, ya bing, ya ding, ding, dong

Why did you remove your post?

Honestly, because I regretted typing it. My mom is going through a lot recently, as is most of the world, but I felt bad for typing it.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:07 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:20 am

Tyler wrote:
Honestly, because I regretted typing it. My mom is going through a lot recently, as is most of the world, but I felt bad for typing it.

No one on here knows you or your mother. If you felt the need to type it, you clearly needed to do so.

It's true that everyone is going through a lot, but that also includes you.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salles » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:18 pm

I have been thinking about screen writers and how amazing it must be to churn out a masterpiece. Then I thought perhaps they never get to enjoy their masterpiece quite like the viewer does. The whole process of filming, editing, re-takes, special effects, acting, re-locating, organisation...etc.. all the tedium and repetition would certainly cause it to have less impact when it comes to their time to view the edited and polished work.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:07 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:58 am

^ you must be an artist

I was being avoidant and accidentally missed my phone appointment with my therapist.
I didn't realize it at first because we've been doing Fridays and it was a different day this week (normally I cancel appointments as opposed to being completely irresponsible).
I listened to the voicemail today and she sounded kind of disappointed in me or resigned.

I don't know if she can tell I'm going to disappear off the map for a while from her or if she was frustrated that I missed the appointment.

A few years ago, she tried to do a type of attachment repair where she offered me comfort in a situation. She said people can have the desire to lash out and (only half) jokingly thanked me for not taking a swing at her. I did kind of feel like I was on fire though.
She then told me that I would have the urge to get angry with her and dislike her and find a reason to stop seeing her.
I thought she was wrong, but in the appointment after that, I literally got angry, disliked her and stopped going to her for almost 2 years.

I swore I'd never go back, but when $#%^ hit the fan about a year ago, I requested she reopen my file because I believed her to be trustworthy and competent, so it actually kind of worked or started to work.

The delay with the phone is because I've been experiencing depression (I'm assuming another reason why I'm avoiding people in real life) < I didn't know I was experiencing this until my shrink evaluated me recently and he noticed a huge increase in this area (oddly enough given I don't feel particularly unhappy most the time)
We were talking about meds and he wanted to augment my antidepressant with a neuroleptic after I declined a different option.

I specifically chose this doctor because he wasn't going to do that.
He acknowledges that he doesn't think I have any psychosis, yet wants to give me neuroleptics (though I'm concerned that if I don't start sleeping properly I might start seeing things).
This is one of the most enraging things I can think of.
They don't realize the side effects and harm they cause
To note: I acknowledge other people find them much more helpful than problematic and I don't recommend anyone going off their meds
We eventually agreed upon something else after I dug my heals in.

Returning from that tangent, I wonder if she thinks I'm doing it again.
I wonder if she sees the same pattern with attachment with me and if we've gotten a closer rapport or something.

Personally, I have always found it a good thing to withdraw at times because I tend to be better at finding my own solutions and needs and then returning to her for help in meeting those goals.
^
Not only that, but I'm still applying and trying to get a handle on the things (it's slow going) she taught me, so it's not like I dropped everything.

I feel kind of bad, but I think it's better than me getting angry and ruining my rapport with her and making myself look bad in the "system."
When I move back to my "happy place" city, they'll be used to more serious issues than mine and stop treating me like an incompetent retard.

On a positive note, for my final practicum assignment, they're decreasing my grad requirements for this piece because they know I excelled in all the subject matter and already have a fair amount of experience in the field. Because of this, they said they have no concerns in tailoring the final requirements to my current issues. That's a relief for me.

I say this here because it's on my mind which makes it relevant to the thread (even if it's not necessarily relevant to the subforum topics).
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Postby poxalis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

salles wrote:I have been thinking about screen writers and how amazing it must be to churn out a masterpiece. Then I thought perhaps they never get to enjoy their masterpiece quite like the viewer does. The whole process of filming, editing, re-takes, special effects, acting, re-locating, organisation...etc.. all the tedium and repetition would certainly cause it to have less impact when it comes to their time to view the edited and polished work.

what they get is the people who tell them they created something amazing. it's a special type of satisfaction and elation to have others appreciate what you've made.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 am

Postby Esmoke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:26 pm

I don’t get cryptocurrency investing, how do you predict what it’s going to do? It’s like trying to read the matrix there is no market per se you can’t research the way the company is run how much debt they have etc. etc. in my opinion the big boom in 2016 or whatever it was, was influenced by the amount of people talking about it and generating buzz about it, and the fact people were steering around paying taxes on their gains I doubt it will ever be so profitable again but who the hell can tell (the matrix remember).
Just another sock puppet in a dancing children’s show for the amusement of the masses
Esmoke
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post