Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu May 21, 2020 7:26 am

This is the odd bit: she's very hung up on how people perceive her. She drives an expensive car with personalised plates, spends £200 on a hair cut once a month, shops at Waitrose (higher-end grocery store) and makes sure everyone knows it. She's also aware that her errant behaviour would cost her her job, if she were ever caught.

There's a danger to her behaviour, as she often pisses random people off and her husband isn't capable of backing her up if she got into trouble.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu May 21, 2020 7:40 am

Now that you're describing it from the compulsivity, I see how you might think mania

Without getting psychoanalytical, I'd wonder if she occassionally takes stimulants, or experiences other drastic changes in her personality, or if her episodes are followed with rapid speech, etc.

All I know is that for me, I get hyper when I have to censor myself, and maintain an "image" for too long.

Then it's like it builds up and I spill over with creative energy and start bouncing off the walls.
I can burn bridges when in that state, so I try to have an outlet somewhere so it doesn't build up.

As for getting sucked into other's energy, often people bore me and I don't feel an enjoyable connection, but I do like to laugh and joke.

So if I can get a group of people laughing and willing to joke too, I try to build upon it because it's like I become something else entirely for a little while and I get "high" off of it.

One on one, I'm quiet and introverted, but give me other cooperative people's energy to play off of and I can have a blast.

Then sometimes I start acting foolish in any of these instances
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu May 21, 2020 7:52 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:

So if I can get a group of people laughing and willing to joke too, I try to build upon it because it's like I become something else entirely for a little while and I get "high" off of it.

One on one, I'm quiet and introverted, but give me other cooperative people's energy to play off of and I can have a blast.

This seems familiar to her behaviour in part. Thinking about it, some of it might come from a desire to "keep up." The people she does it round seem to be people who live a more exciting life (generally she's very risk-adverse), so it could be an attempt to make herself seem more interesting and "crazy," but it's off-cue.

I'll tell her a story of how we got bored and booked a ferry to take the motorbike to France on a whim, and within an hour she'll be throwing fries at kids at other tables.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
DaturaInnoxia wrote:

This seems familiar to her behaviour in part. Thinking about it, some of it might come from a desire to "keep up." The people she does it round seem to be people who live a more exciting life (generally she's very risk-adverse), so it could be an attempt to make herself seem more interesting and "crazy," but it's off-cue.

I'll tell her a story of how we got bored and booked a ferry to take the motorbike to France on a whim, and within an hour she'll be throwing fries at kids at other tables.

Lol, you could always change your new (hopefully soon to be patented) Hallmark card motivational saying from the part that said "Jabbing someone in the chest because you want to feel included" to something like "Throwing fries at kids at other tables because you want to 'keep up'"
Anyways I have to get up early. I hope you find some answers.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu May 21, 2020 11:18 am

justonemoreperson wrote:...

Also, it was wrong of to speak disrespectfully to you when your intentions seem to be out of curiosity rather than my misinterpretation of rudeness.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 am

Apologies are not necessary; I don't get offended.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Thank you- I'm glad
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Esmoke » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 pm

My nickname amongst friends is ‘sir fog of hate’
Just another sock puppet in a dancing children’s show for the amusement of the masses
Esmoke
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 am

Postby HSS » Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 am

I wonder what your nickname is amongst enemies. :?
“Humor is reason gone mad."

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
HSS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Esmoke » Mon May 25, 2020 12:14 am

I don’t have any enemies
Just another sock puppet in a dancing children’s show for the amusement of the masses
Esmoke
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post