Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby Cholls » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:35 am

My first thought was, "How did he get a picture of me?". That guy in the video sure is getting a lot of viewing mileage.

-- Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:36 pm --

My first thought was, "How did he get a picture of me?". *Phew!*

That guy in the video sure is getting a lot of viewing mileage.
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Cholls » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 am

Don't know why my comment, above, got duplicated. Sorry for that.

Anyway, as "stupid" as some believe those students look, I'm with 'em all the way. First, anyone who's not in some way "stupid" at 22 is someone I don't wanna know. Ever. Second, you're only 22 once. For a lot of people, Spring Break senior year is an unforgettable experience. Mine was.

In fact, one of my college friends with whom I spent Spring Break died shortly after graduation. Several college classmates of mine died before they hit thirty.

We're all gonna die.

Some of us will have done some amazing things, and some of us will die like The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

But, should you choose to live like the latter, in order to extend your living death by another "joy-filled" 15.025 minutes, please refrain from judging those who choose differently.

That is, until you're actually appointed to do so by what seems to be an eagerly-anticipated future nanny-state Social Credit System:

https://i.imgur.com/hhzaHqW.gif
Cholls
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 am

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:00 pm

This is what I'm going to do when my boss calls and asks if I want to come into work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyz2GPjlTg

EDIT: If anyone knows what anime this is, I'm not going to watch it, but I could have sworn it was Fist of the North Star, but apparently it's not. My boyfriend and I quit watching halfway through season two, because season two wasn't anywhere near as good as season one. Season one was flawlessly flawed, which makes it perfect in my eyes. Yes yes.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Oblivion » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Cholls wrote:Anyway, as "stupid" as some believe those students look, I'm with 'em all the way.

Please. That video was specifically edited to make these choads look as foolish as possible. Perhaps that one girl with the complexion like an open wound will one day have sewn her wild oats and become a healthcare worker and do her part to stem the spread of the next pandemic. Perhaps the boy with fetal alcohol syndrome will one day write a great novel of hope that instills a sense of altruism in enough people to change the world for the better just a little bit. But I doubt it. Listen to their cadence, their vocabulary. Based on what is presented here, they are clearly morons.

I agree, however, that being 22 is indeed the time to be stupid and f**k up (although ideally, it is wiser to go through this phase before you turn eighteen, if you know what I mean), but these people are by all appearances intrinsically stupid and will likely move on to become part of the system you and I decry. I'll bet the steam most of them are blowing off in Florida isn't much more than a fart of hot air. They are there because that's what they've been led to believe they're supposed to be doing. Had I gone to college, I would most certainly have run as wild on spring break..but I'd probably have been robbing their hotel rooms while they were out partying. :D
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:33 am

Postby Philonoe » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am

They don't look real :shock:

Do you think they are ??
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:05 am

Oh dudes, I'm having a bit of a psychforums relapse.
My friend I interacted with a lot on social media took his life recently, so it feels kinda sad or empty there, but I always get myself sucked in here though.
Like right now, I should be sleeping, but again I'm here.

A 30 day ban would be great
Can I be given one voluntarily?

I don't have the cognitive or creative ability anymore, but you guys have no idea how much joy doing the story brought me.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:33 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 pm

I friended a couple people that my deceased friend was friends with (because I've already had a number of casual interactions with them) - including two women.

They're friendly and inclusive; it's weird and I feel afraid, but I'm impressed / I like it at the same time.

Even though I'm straight, I usually get more nervous about talking to other women than I do talking to men - and I'm always surprised when women are genuinely interested in being friends or laid back and inclusive.

Because I'm not used to it and nervous/neurotic about it, I'm avoiding talking to them - and the social media today, so they don't think I'm ignoring them.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 am

I continue to be impressed with these two females that I befriended - still extremely unnerved, but as I say, impressed.

They have excellent pervy, and sometimes witty, humour and are as equally happy to joke around and interact with other females, as they are with males which may not be rare to other people on this website, but is rare for me to come across
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:59 pm

So I was discussing the doughnut economy with my birds while the lizard was in the shower, and my one bird is a business accountant, and he says the COVID19 stuff hasn't hurt doughnut businesses that much. People still want doughnuts. Doughnut President Ulysses H. Buttercreme is sending out sprinkles to all doughnuts that should last them half a year. All doughnuts that are out of work will get two free fillings, plus sprinkles, and they can apply for sugar, glaze or icing online.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:22 am

Trying to figure out if the following is schizo "disorganized thinking" or a stress / anxiety reaction from being overwhelmed and shutting down.
^
I got stressed / distressed about triggering or retraumatizing topics repeatedly for months, and I began to deeply struggle with reading and putting written assignments together - especially in order (I couldn't think about the whole picture = only small pieces at a time) because my brain would go fuzzy and I'd feel kind of sick.
^
Yet, once I completed my work, it always made sense + was in order + exceeded expectations in quality (although not completed on the original due date because of how extremely difficult the reading and putting together of assignments was).

When I said this to someone, they went straight to claiming it was disorganized thinking.

I wonder what they would have said had I not mentioned having been diagnosed with a psychotic disorder years ago.
+
Would explaining it as thought disorder symptoms and decompensation have still been their go-to opinion about someone with trauma or anxiety or depression?
- or without a mental disorder altogether?

It's concerning how differently you can be seen by others when they're influenced by a tiny bit of information about you or a label (confirmation bias discussed elsewhere) and/or seeing you through the lens of their own personal experiences and belief systems.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post