Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby Cholls » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 am

Imgur comment from several days ago: 'Facebook had a shareholder meeting today where they voted on proposals for the company..this douche ( https://imgur.com/gallery/JoBXWjf ) vetoed all of them.'

'all the proposals were proposals to take away some of his power, of course he'd vote them down. I'd do the same.'

'He owns 16% of shares and controls 53% of voting rights due to dual class structure.'

Suddenly, I became a fan of Mark Zuckerberg! His apologies are blatantly superficial, an overt mockery of consumer 'intelligence'. I actually like the guy now.

He has never pretended to do good like Google. Never pretended to be hip like Steve Jobs. He doesn't appear to have had hair replacement and cosmetic surgery like Elon Musk. He doesn't try to make his company look like a bunch of saviors like Elon Musk (remember when Musk boasted he'd save the Southeast Asian kids who had gotten stuck in an underwater cave with a submarine designed by his company and the expert divers who actually did save the kids said Musk was a publicity whore and crock of shlt (words to that effect)?).

I never read the News (Why? It's propaganda!) and am probably wrong but, unlike every other billionaire (e.g. the "saintly", "philanthropic" Sackler family ( https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/30/the-family-that-built-an-empire-of-pain ), Zuckerberg is an a$$hole who has, unapologetically, made a killing from human insecurity.

Finally, the a$$hole we deserve. How refreshing! (Please tell me off if I'm spouting malarkey.)
Cholls
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby salles » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Cholls wrote:Finally, the a$$hole we deserve. How refreshing! (Please tell me off if I'm spouting malarkey.)

Sorry I can't tell you as I have no opinion.

Just want to get smashed. In self destructive mode. Having to resort to wine and valium is definitely not my preference. ..but there is not much to choose from in this current abysmal situation.

My co-workers as part of a fare-well for a member of staff are going to hire male strippers. F'ucking tedious, boring, dumb, white trash.I am at the point where I could say it to their face. It is becoming almost impossible to be among such people in my current job. I am no longer prepared to put in the 'brain washing' required to endure.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Postby Cholls » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 am

salles wrote:... In self destructive mode. Having to resort to wine and valium is definitely not my preference. ..but there is not much to choose from in this current abysmal situation.

My co-workers as part of a fare-well for a member of staff are going to hire male strippers. F'ucking tedious, boring, dumb, white trash.I am at the point where I could say it to their face. It is becoming almost impossible to be among such people in my current job. I am no longer prepared to put in the 'brain washing' required to endure.

Used to live there (self destructive mode; not really Cerulean Blue, but I tried). You have my respect (for what it's worth).

Bummer about the rats. You really made my day just by mentioning painting. Your comment meant so much to me. Thank you. I miss the smell of turpentine, "Smells like victory!".

Do you miss painting? Would it be at all therapeutic to vent on canvas? Or even just draw cartoons of your co-workers. Seriously. If you're a painter at heart, it's no wonder you don't fit in at your job. We don't fit in. Anywhere.
Cholls
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Eldror » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Boreddddd
Oh my god when will this end
Eldror
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Postby salles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Cholls wrote:Used to live there (self destructive mode; not really Cerulean Blue, but I tried). You have my respect (for what it's worth).

:D

Bummer about the rats. You really made my day just by mentioning painting. Your comment meant so much to me. Thank you. I miss the smell of turpentine, "Smells like victory!".

Hah! yes... if one knows when to stop. I could never really tell when the painting was finished. Could I , should I do more? I found that using water based paints for a while was a good exercise as there is a limited time and less room for error.
Would LOVE to try my hand at using coloured Indian ink one day.

Do you miss painting? Would it be at all therapeutic to vent on canvas? Or even just draw cartoons of your co-workers. Seriously. If you're a painter at heart, it's no wonder you don't fit in at your job. We don't fit in. Anywhere.

I became lazy and apathetic. Did a graphic design course, hoping I could create beautiful art without mush effort/fuss. But it is harder ( technologically), more time consuming and rarely measures up to 'real' art.
With my co-workers.. I think ( although I despise what they represent) I don't hate them as individuals enough to sketch caricatures. Also Cartoon drawing is so friggin hard. One has to come full circle , emerge the other side, and masterfully chose and exaggerate salient features.

People often mention I should go to this or that art exhibition. I never do. Its a strange thing but rather than inspire me, the work of artists triggers other emotions such as a little jealousy and a sense of hopelessness that talent alone is never enough. One needs to become fanatical, driven, and passionate!
Portrait painting would be my favourite theme if I could only muster up some passion.

Just finished up reading about Edward Hopper and looking at his work. I really like his art. I have been wondering if, with his shading and light contrasts, did he just 'wing it' or really knew from a physics point of view where the light should fall.I mean would anyone know if one just highlighted with light what they felt like highlighting instinctively? ... .hmmmm..
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 am

salles wrote:... if one knows when to stop. ... less room for error.
Would LOVE to try my hand at using coloured Indian ink one day.

I always know when to stop, and that's usually just after I've passed the point of no return and have overworked something!

But you're right about how effective it is to choose a medium that prevents you from diddling around. Just shut that frontal lobe down and get the job done 'cos there's no time to get all 'Hamlet' about things.

Colored Indian ink ... are you planning wash drawings? Reed pen?

I became lazy and apathetic.

Do you ever fear that what you make won't be good enough? That happens to me and I preempt starting with negative self-talk.

Did a graphic design course, hoping I could create beautiful art without much effort/fuss. But it is harder ( technologically), more time consuming and rarely measures up to 'real' art.

I enjoy being able to design, but deeply resent having software lead me by the nose. I resent having my hand stuck holding the mouse like a claw, and resent the time spent diddling with things. And thank you for saying it. Graphic design is, "a little art but not too much".

With my co-workers.. I think ( although I despise what they represent) I don't hate them as individuals enough to sketch caricatures. Also Cartoon drawing is so friggin hard. One has to come full circle , emerge the other side, and masterfully chose and exaggerate salient features.

Or you could just parody the kinds of things they say and draw 'em like Dilbert. A healthier alternative to getting wasted.

People often mention I should go to this or that art exhibition.

If you live in a major city, I envy your museum/gallery access.

talent alone is never enough. One needs to become fanatical, driven, and passionate!
Portrait painting would be my favourite theme if I could only muster up some passion.

Absolutely my favorite as well. Alice Neel was da bomb, although after a while looking at too many of her paintings depresses me. Not so much passion as simple momentum, eh?

Just finished up reading about Edward Hopper and looking at his work. I really like his art.

Oh yeah. :) He knew his stuff. (I'm so thrilled that you like 'real' painters! None of this, "painting with blood and urine" business!)

I have been wondering if, with his shading and light contrasts, did he just 'wing it' or really knew from a physics point of view where the light should fall.I mean would anyone know if one just highlighted with light what they felt like highlighting instinctively? ... .hmmmm..

You've asked a very good question. Perhaps after years of experience, one would acquire the ability to 'create light' via the intuitive placement of shadow. If he did that regularly, it's probably documented somewhere. But reality really is the only source of serendipity, and I'd be surprised if even a master such as Hopper stayed inside his head for his paintings.

Sounds like you are more of a line/form artist than a colorist, but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!).

Thanks! That was fun!
Cholls
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby salles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 am

Cholls wrote:
Colored Indian ink ... are you planning wash drawings? Reed pen?

Not sure how to go about it. Have to get off my ass and research it.

Do you ever fear that what you make won't be good enough? That happens to me and I preempt starting with negative self-talk.

No. I am more prone to fanciful thinking :) Always think its gonna be a masterpiece. It never is.

And thank you for saying it. Graphic design is, "a little art but not too much".

As a career it must be hard to have to create what a client wants and put one's own tastes aside. As a hobby... yes... 'diddling' is a great description :)

Oh yeah. :) He knew his stuff. (I'm so thrilled that you like 'real' painters! None of this, "painting with blood and urine" business!)

Artists now seem to struggle with originality. example.. the latest in this country was a penis structure ( for widows) that could be filled with the ashes of their dead husband... so they could make Love to them. :roll: Seriously??? wtf???
Thanks! That was fun!

Any time. :)
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:29 am

Read an article about the importance of gut flora in the successful treatment of autism (and you know if Big Pharma ain't involved, it could be some time before word gets out, if at all):
https://www.rt.com/news/456148-fecal-transplants-autism-breakthrough/

And can't help wondering about the relationship of healthy gut ecology to mental health in general:
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/11/03/gut-and-brain-connection.aspx

https://drruscio.com/gut-brain-connection-dr-david-perlmutter/

A good place for probiotics is Vitacost.com (I recommend Jarrow brand products.):
https://www.vitacost.com/

While you're reading such things, here's a story about a physician who had his career ruined by Big Pharma because he spoke out:
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@joyce-bowen/the-real-story-of-dr-andrew-wakefield-and-mmr-by-mary-holland-jd

An international pharmaceutical company drew up a hit list of doctors who had to be 'neutralized':
https://www.news.com.au/news/drug-company-drew-up-doctor-hit-list/news-story/eb55ca36e081d497730629e6c8559abf
Cholls
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post