Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Holodeck

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm

I saw someone I haven't seen in 5 or 6 years today. It was as though she was still upset that-- I don't know-- We didn't try? So I made a joke about it by mentioning we never did go on that date and she said "I couldn't just wait forever" which felt kinda intense considering we were just teenagers and only really had a playful interest.

Maybe she didn't like that I did what I always do and just pretended as though there was no gap and we were picking up where we left off. I think that's the issue with emotional distance. I don't automatically get in synch with the other person. I could feel her and I played with it but I think the issue is she felt me too and that I was exactly where I had been and we hadn't done the same. It was weird.

Secretly part of me thought "yeah, you should have waited." Maybe it was more like "I bet you wish you had." She was conflicted. The whole thing was interesting to experience
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby salles » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 pm

This aptly describes the emptiness I feel since finishing my latest addiction. There were 27 episodes so I guess it is akin to a relationship ( several in fact ) ending. :(
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Oblivion » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm

I still miss Walter White.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

First interview as an interviewee in a long time. Whew.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 4:50 am

Postby Oblivion » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 am

So my cat is dying. Cancer.

I haven't put her down yet, as she's still having some quality of life, but it won't be long.

As I was telling Holodeck, this morning I cried. Real tears. First time since my last cat died.

It wasn't especially cathartic, just something I felt I needed to do. It was actually a bit difficult. I'd been feeling that it was coming, but it was an effort. Sort of like emotional constipation.

I've never cried over the death of a person. Not even as a child. I know schizoids are supposed to have a limited emotional response, but what are the distinctions here? People and pets are different, but emotions are emotions, right?
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Oblivion wrote:So my cat is dying. Cancer.

I haven't put her down yet, as she's still having some quality of life, but it won't be long.

As I was telling Holodeck, this morning I cried. Real tears. First time since my last cat died.

It wasn't especially cathartic, just something I felt I needed to do. It was actually a bit difficult. I'd been feeling that it was coming, but it was an effort. Sort of like emotional constipation.

I've never cried over the death of a person. Not even as a child. I know schizoids are supposed to have a limited emotional response, but what are the distinctions here? People and pets are different, but emotions are emotions, right?

First off, I'm sorry to hear that, hon. Give her lots of love.

Second of all, I've only ever one time cried over a person's death. It's not about people being more important than animals, it's about your attachment to them. I've known plenty of people that died, but like I said, only ever cried once. Both times I had to put a pet down, I bawled like a baby. I had raised them both since they were practically born up until their deaths. My one aunt died suddenly from a stroke, and I was all "eh" and went about my day.
Email me if you want a doughnut

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG, Lexapro 5mg

Forum Rules

Heck
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 6:50 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Oblivion » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks, Tyler.

I agree about the attachment thing. Plus I'm too tired to bother trying to decipher people's hidden agendas. They play games whether they mean to or not; it's ingrained. I don't understand these games, or all the rules of social discourse. It seems I'm always too blunt or not nearly forthcoming enough. I can find no happy medium.

Besides, animals are cuter.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Philonoe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:05 pm

I'm sorry, Oblivion :(

Oblivion wrote:
I've never cried over the death of a person. Not even as a child.

Do you think children usually cry for the death of a person?
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am

Postby Oblivion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks Philonoe.

I think by a certain age they would. Like six or seven? I don't know, I know nothing about kids.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cholls » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:41 am

Oblivion wrote:So my cat is dying. Cancer.

I'm sorry, Oblivion. She knows that you love her.
Cholls
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post