Our partner

Intrusive thoughts during isolation

Open Discussions about Remorse Issues.

Moderator: sprock

Intrusive thoughts during isolation

Postby m00m33mii » Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 am

I’m generally doing okay, but I still have persistent worry about childhood indiscretions. It’s really tiresome, and I know that ultimately it’s disordered and anxious thinking. There’s no valid reason for my mind to be prioritising a focus on any of this. It’s a weird addiction to feeling bad/anxious. One time my mum told me that my experience in school was so bad (my school experience was very rough), that feeling awful all day every day for years became more normal, and when it ended, I started bullying myself.

Anyway, with everything that’s going on right now. There’s a lot of down time, a lot of time to ruminate and worry. I wanted to start a kind of generalised thread as a check in to see how people are doing and if anyone needs any support or advice they’re a bit afraid or unmotivated to start a post about.

I hope the slow down in posts in the forum is the result of people just doing really well and not needing it. But if you do, don’t be scared or ashamed. There are others going through it too and who care about your well being.
m00m33mii
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Intrusive thoughts during isolation

Postby jaus tail » Tue May 19, 2020 7:46 pm

even i've done stuff in childhood that i regret. i would've been a different person had that not happened. maybe wouldnt have had the nervous breakdown.

it feels good to imagine a different life. a different past.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Re: Intrusive thoughts during isolation

Postby JackDoe » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Yea it's hard to not notice what you remember. total isolation is really bad in my experience. i hope you find ways to substitute your isolation for the time being.
JackDoe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Return to Remorse

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post