Our partner

Afraid of having ripped someone off

Open Discussions about Remorse Issues.

Moderator: sprock

Afraid of having ripped someone off

Postby Leighanne » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 am

Hello,

I’m new on this forum. I feel guilty about something that happened about 10 years ago. I wanted to sell an Android Tablet that what completely new because I didn’t know how to use it. A buyer paid me $55 for it and I sent him the Android and all the accessories. The problem is that a few days later the buyer told me that one cable was missing. As I’m bad at IT I didn’t know what he meant and told him that. He didn’t contact me and the money was transferred into my bank account. Years later I still feel guilty because yes I sent him the device but maybe there was indeed a missing cable that I lost or couldn’t find (as I’m bad at IT I’m not sure) and I’m afraid that I ripped him off. Thanks for your answers.
Leighanne
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Afraid of having ripped someone off

Postby jaus tail » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:46 am

once a cab driver didnt go take the route i told him n he yelled at me. i asked him to stop the cab n i got out, paid the fare (which i shouldnt have paid cause i was in the cab for barely 2 minutes)

i think u were polite with the person when u said u didnt know about the cable. the person must've forgotten about it by now... maybe in future if someone asks for something n u dont know then u could say, 'i'll check n get back to you.'
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Afraid of having ripped someone off

Postby avatar123 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:21 pm

For what it's worth, from someone who frequently works with IT and used equipment, this is not at all unusual. My guess is the buyer was hoping that you just forgot to include the missing cable, that it wasn't a simple oversight that could be corrected. Once it was established that it wasn't a simple mistake, the buyer probably acquired a cheap used cable elsewhere.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:46 am

Return to Remorse

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post