Our partner

I am a bully to my 12 year old step son

Open Discussions about Remorse Issues.

Moderator: sprock

I am a bully to my 12 year old step son

Postby wowyf » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:41 am

ughhhh, hate to admit that. But I realize I am an emotional and verbal bully to him. I feel so much regret for it, but something about him really makes me want to cut him down and "put him in his place." I don't ever physically hit him, just mental and emotional, little comments etc, but that doens't make it any less worse. He has a lot of emotional issues, insecurity, etc and I find myself trying to "tough love" him which is a vestige left over from my dad (don't get me started there). Ultimatley I know I"m jus tmaking it worse for him, I wish I could just let him be who he is, but I just want him to IMPROVE his mentality, but I don't know how. I do build him up...

I'm sorry for being such a jerk, I just had to get it off my chest, maybe there are others can relate. What a slap in the face it is to realize sometimes the bully is ME.
wowyf
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am a bully to my 12 year old step son

Postby sprock » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:34 pm

That sucks, but it's good you've recognised it in yourself as I think most people simply wouldn't have the self-insight to do so. Are there any activities you could do together which you might enjoy and allow you to appreciate his strengths and be less bothered by his flaws?
sprock
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I am a bully to my 12 year old step son

Postby wowyf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:51 pm

sprock, that's an excellent question. I think doing an activity where I am enamored by his strengths would be really good. I love watching him shine. I'll have a think on that.
wowyf
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Remorse

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post