Our partner

Guilty because I got away with it?

Open Discussions about Remorse Issues.

Moderator: sprock

Guilty because I got away with it?

Postby reeses13go » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 am

I’m a guy aged 25 now and my cousin is 21. When I was 12/13 and he was 8/9 we began experimenting sexually. First with our hands and then our mouths. We gave each other oral on and off over the years until I was 21 and he was 17. It’s been almost 4 years since our behavior stopped. It was always consensual and never cohereced. We both had experimented with other relatives prior to each other and therefore it wasn’t really new to us. I’ve felt guilty occasionally over the years as if I was a sex offender or child abuser because I’m 4 years older and my state classifies any sexual contact with a minor you’re related to as unlawful until they’re 18. So I feel like I have gotten away with something. I brought this up to my cousin who feels completely okay with everything and felt that it was normal and the he has never been bothered by it and never will he and has no reason to tell. I draw comparisons to Bill Cosby and Kavanaugh just because stuff comes up years later and I worry that will happen here. I recognize the huge differences between them and me, but still I’m paranoid I’ll get in trouble. How do I cope with what I’ve done when my cousin doesn’t want to report it and I’ll likely never face consequences? I recognize what I did was inappropriate and am no longer that same kid/ teen/ young adult. Am I making a huge deal out of a common thing? Please help as my anxiety is crazy about this
reeses13go
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Guilty because I got away with it?

Postby RamadanSteve » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:06 am

I really don't see this as a moral issue myself and I think most people would agree with me...but it's just kinda uhh weird...Idk if you're from the appalachians or somethings... Anyway, don't worry about it too much, it's pointless.
RamadanSteve
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Remorse

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post