Our partner

I Facebook stalked a friend

Open Discussions about Remorse Issues.

Moderator: sprock

I Facebook stalked a friend

Postby iwanttolearn » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 am

Hello, I had a small misunderstanding with a friend. To make it up to him, I sent a join request to a group he made with his name on it. I think it was like a joke fan page he made for himself. The thing is he made it for himself two years ago. And I only sent the request a few days ago. I only found out about this group by looking at the about section of his Facebook profile. He hasn't accepted the request. I think this qualifies as Facebook stalking. He's probably scared by me.

I don't deserve to be his good friend anymore right?
iwanttolearn
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Facebook stalked a friend

Postby sprock » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 pm

It definitely doesn't qualify as stalking and you do deserve to be his friend - though ultimately you just have to respect if others like you and want to be your friend. Since he does, you shouldn't tell him "no - I'm not good enough to be your friend" but try to respect his decision :)
sprock
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 am

Postby ennuigirl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 pm

no, i don't think you did anything wrong. the point of making a group is so that people can join it. the point of facebook is for people to know what each other are doing. the point of making a post is so people can read it. i don't know why so many people complain about stalking when it's what they chose to post
ennuigirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 am

Postby salted lipstick » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:02 pm

One request sent to a page that is specifically set up to be visible and have options for people to request to join doesn't make you a stalker...

iwanttolearn wrote:He hasn't accepted the request. I think this qualifies as Facebook stalking. He's probably scared by me.
He might not have accepted the request because he might not be using the page or have the notifications turned on. I wouldn't think he is scared of you, requesting to join a page that is specifically set up to have people request to join isn't exactly scary stuff. If you feel really bad about it you can always delete your request and pretend it never happened.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Return to Remorse

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post