Our partner

My Parents Are Trying To Seize Control Of My Money.

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

My Parents Are Trying To Seize Control Of My Money.

Postby harmonica » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:56 pm

I had no idea which board to post this on, so if this is the wrong board, I apologize.

But basically I want to get into a career as a film director, and have decided to make my own feature film after saving up a lot of money. But people think I am crazy for wanting to do this, and everyone is telling me absolutely not to.

But now since then, and now that I am closer to getting the ball rolling, the pressure for me to quit is so much higher, and I feel like everyone is just at my legs trying to pull me away. Even my parents think it's a huge mistake and waste of so much money as the movie will never sell. They think I have gone insane, and are trying to seize control of my savings, cause I am mentally unfit.

I understand they care and they mean well, but what can I do to get them to be more supportive. If I lose it all, then I am back to square one, but what can I do to make them see that it may be a necessary risk?
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from Hope to Relationships, no edits
harmonica
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Parents Are Trying To Seize Control Of My Money.

Postby Snaga » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 am

Unless they somehow declare you incompetent, how can they hope to do this?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post