Our partner

How to Ask Out a Long Lost Friend

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

How to Ask Out a Long Lost Friend

Postby expresschange » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:19 am

Hi all,

I’ve got a difficult situation on my hands. I’ve liked one girl since we were in jr High together (9 years). To her I was an acquaintance/friend. I was awkward and chubby but kind and bold. But I really liked her, a lot. I remember just bubbling over the fact that someone like her (popular, cheerleader type) would hang out with me and my friend group. It wasn’t long - just one year - but I could never forget her.

HS came around and we went to different schools. I got in shape, pulled my life together and became student body president, graduated with honors and went to college. She went out through the peace corps and has been gone since. I’ve graduated with my Bachelor’s and have been working over a year now. Touched base with her a few times but nothing more than a quick 5 minute text convo every year or so. I’ve dated off and on but never met someone I truly felt compatible with as I did with her, though she never seemed to show a ton of love interest but I never had the opportunity to ask her out or really get to know her. I think I love my idea of her (now who she really is), as it has been so long, but she doesn’t seem to have changed at all.

Here is the situation:
She’s coming back now, and going to be working in my city for a few months. She broke up with her long term boyfriend a few months ago. I haven’t talked with her in over a year but I want to rekindle and see if there is anything between us. How would I do this? Is this even possible? Do I have to give up, and if so, how?
expresschange
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to Ask Out a Long Lost Friend

Postby thegentlepath » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi expresschange, welcome to psychforums. Do you live with mental illness? Does she? I’m curious why you’d choose this forum to ask is all. No offense meant. :wink: I’d say just do it. The more time spent ruminating about it won’t help.
thegentlepath
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (121)

Re: How to Ask Out a Long Lost Friend

Postby calmkooky » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:52 am

Hi there! For me I say, go for it. I mean, you have to try. If things don't work out between you two, at least you know. You don't want any what ifs in the future. It's not good.
calmkooky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post