Our partner

Terrible Loneliness

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Terrible Loneliness

Postby ArachnesMandala » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi all. This is about to sound extremely dorky... But I sure could use some friends. In particular, I'd LOVE some friends who understand the emotional fragility brought about by mental illness. I'm not one of those to over- identify with my diagnosis or to wear it on my sleeve, but I could use some understanding people in my life anyway.
I lead a solitary life which is, overall, a good one. Lately, though, I've been trying really hard to socialize out in the world. Out there, I've come up against countless false friends, users, and generally toxic people. I've somehow managed to ostracize myself from everyone I've tried to befriend, or have been rejected by them. Publicly. I'm starting to feel absolutely horrible about myself as a result, so have come here looking for someone who may understand.
I actually am a pretty cool person. :) I promise. ;) I work at a nature center and teach kids and adults about nature and wildlife. My home is a small animal sanctuary of sorts. (In fact, the only reason why people deign to speak with me is when they need advice about animals or wish to give me their neglected pets.) I volunteer in wildlife rehab (taking care of orphaned baby animals). I love science, and I also love mythology and ancient civilizations. I also really enjoy tabletop gaming (especially Dungeons & Dragons) but may not be doing it much anymore because... people. :( My official diagnosis is bipolar.
I really want to be a friend to someone, share mutual interests, and be helpful and kind when my friend is in need. But someone has to take a chance on me first. :)
ArachnesMandala
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Terrible Loneliness

Postby Tanoujin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:42 am

Hey Arachnes, we can make friends if you like and see what happens. I am living in a house with 7 rabbits, 5 chicken, 5 cats and about 20 mice (lost track a little :))
It is difficult to have friendships online, I meet all my online friends in Second Life. There are good options for life chat and voicing, basic account is free (I am on basic since about 6 years now and miss nothing). We have a democratic self governed community there, ruling 6 regions.
*mod edit*
Tan
Last edited by Snaga on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forum rules prohibit sharing personal contact information in open forum, thanks
Tanoujin
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:01 am

Postby pieceonearth » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 am

Aye, cute avatar! A dear friend of mine growing up was totally into entomology; I have literally no idea what happened to her, last I knew, she was going to school in France (many, many years ago); but I traded my love of gardening and she traded me her love o' bugs!

That being said, I don't think there's anything dorky in wanting friends. People - are people, yeah?

Tanoujin seems pretty cool, and if you want a more pen-pal kind of thing, I don't mind becoming e-mail penpals or something like that? Is that too lame? Basically, it's about what I have time/energy for these days, ahahahaha!

Classical civ wise, I'm all about Hellenism and ~Rome~, but I also like pretty much every fertile crescent civ, Carthage, Canaan... Hardly ancient, but Tang and Song Dynasty China... Basically, even if I've no clue about your faves, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Or not - I also don't wanna overwhelm you. I don't know what dealing with BPD is like, but my one good trait is I'm pretty patient.

Either way - even if neither of us, or anyone else who responds - is exactly what you're looking for right now, don't give up. I've got a pretty glum view of people, but - it's because life is weird, and people are weird. But we become better people - and make better friends, and become a bit stronger... By trying.

So the way I see it, you're already pretty strong, huh, and getting even stronger! We're rootin' for ya!
pieceonearth
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:01 am

Postby furhuj » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:41 pm

I also experienced such loneliness when I was a teenager. It's really awful especially when it seems no one understands you! I hope you will heal soon. Remember, you're not alone.
furhuj
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post