Our partner

My partner says i make him stagnant

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

My partner says i make him stagnant

Postby Jemma » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:35 am

My boyfriend failed 3 years of college and its been 3 years since we started. He has always been a brilliant student. But ever since we started dating he just hasn't been able to go to college . He just can't. He just sits at home and does nothing. He's enrolled for the same class for the fourth time. He just broke up with me saying you make me too complete and stagnant. I don't feel like doing things when I'm with you i feel very complacent.
He also says i turn to you when I'm in trouble instead of turning to God. That's why he's punishing me.

I've been trying so hard to get him to go to college ever since we started dating. I wake up earlier than i should and call him to try to wake him up to go to college. I tried studying together with him. I remind him to do what he's supposed to do. Offered him to complete his journals to help take some load off him and other such things.

I don't understand how to deal with this. I feel it's really unfair. And don't know how to resolve my unsettling feelings.
Jemma
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My partner says i make him stagnant

Postby Dahliaa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 am

Hello,

It is not your fault at all he is stagnant. He really is unfair. He need to talk with his student counsellor about his problems. I think it is not good you help him too much because he must learn those things himself. I also do not understand why he is punishing you, it does sound very weird. I do not want to be rude but maybe he also need to see a doctor soon.

Dahlia
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:26 am

Postby Jemma » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:34 pm

He also says i turn to you when I'm in trouble instead of turning to God. That's why he's punishing me.

Hey. Thank you so much for replying. I think you've misunderstood. He doesn't punish me. He thinks God is punishing him .

He's has severe anxiety problems and has seen quite a few doctors in the past. They just don't seem to help him.
Jemma
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Postby Dahliaa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 am

Jemma wrote:

Hey. Thank you so much for replying. I think you've misunderstood. He doesn't punish me. He thinks God is punishing him .

He's has severe anxiety problems and has seen quite a few doctors in the past. They just don't seem to help him.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. But I still think he needs to see his doctor because that thought "God is punishing me" sounds somewhat paranoid not anxious only, I think. I am not a professional but thoughts like that are not normal at all. Maybe he does need someone with him at the appointment who is able to describe his symptoms correctly.

Dahlia
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:26 am

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post